NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game

JCon

I never cared about NFL Ball until I joined a Fantasy Football league and now I love NFL Ball. I am a huge Football fan in both the CFL and NFL varieties! I love when I can watch football Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday! It took me one season to be familiar with the teams and players and the product on the field is great in both leagues. I would rather watch any football CFL or NFL over any other sport including hockey. To the people who say one is better than the other, I agree. They are both better than all the others lol! 

I'm not so much a football fan as a fan of all things Canadiana....I'd watch an Als/Argos pre-season game before I'd watch the Super Bowl. Though I never went to school in Winnipeg (BU/ACC Brandon), I'd watch a televised Bisons game over NFL/NCAA without hesitation...

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Nah it's not insecurity, I just have no use for the NFL. It is impossible for me to care about it. Truthfully a lot of it is about the media coverage moreso than the league itself, but the amount of over hyping that league gets just sickens me. It's the most american thing ever. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

The NFL is the Apple of sports. Massive hype that doesn't match the quality. 

See the source image

On 2019-06-10 at 2:31 PM, blueandgoldguy said:

The seats are on the one side of the field are set aside for corporate and the NFL.  I'm not even sure if they are sold out.  Even if we include those seats, they might have sold 10,000 seats total in the stadium.  The market has spoken.  The promoter badly miscalculated the demand - supply dynamic of the region for an NFL exhibition game.  Lot of egg on his face.  We probably see a few hundred sell a day over the next few weeks, but they will have to reduce the price of most of these sections.  Start with the middle of the upper deck and then from the 10 yard line to the back corner of the end zone.

So apparently those Pinnacle Club seats were not sold out, merely held back for corporate and possibly the NFL.  Over half those seats became available on ticketmaster.  Looks like there is slow and steady progress on seat sales in the upper deck.  A pleasant surprise are the steady sales in the "cheap" $240 end zone seats.  The $380 and $340 seats between the 20 yard line and the corner end zones are not moving at all.  No surprise there as they will need to reduce those to get any movement.

3 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

So apparently those Pinnacle Club seats were not sold out, merely held back for corporate and possibly the NFL.  Over half those seats became available on ticketmaster.  Looks like there is slow and steady progress on seat sales in the upper deck.  A pleasant surprise are the steady sales in the "cheap" $240 end zone seats.  The $380 and $340 seats between the 20 yard line and the corner end zones are not moving at all.  No surprise there as they will need to reduce those to get any movement.

Have we seen how the field is going to be set up? Those end zone seats are going to be a fair bit away from the field, I think. 

21 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

So, you just like bad football eh?

JK 🤭

I’ll watch the bastardized version of football (NFL) even though the most of the product doesn’t match the hype/money paid , but, for me, the unfamiliarity of all the players and the discrepancy in talent and coaching doesn’t make for easy watching. I hardly have the patience to make it through a whole game.

CFL - quite simply, the brand 🇨🇦 is better in my eyes.

Oh well, doomed to being lost again this year...😉

It's undisputed they have the better athletes. That's proven through the combine. I don't see the CFL as an inferior product just simply saying right now with the lack of parity and lack of quarterbacks on half of the teams makes for a boring product half of the nights.

4 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

It's undisputed they have the better athletes. That's proven through the combine. I don't see the CFL as an inferior product just simply saying right now with the lack of parity and lack of quarterbacks on half of the teams makes for a boring product half of the nights.

It is?  Let's see the numbers then.

16 hours ago, JCon said:

Have we seen how the field is going to be set up? Those end zone seats are going to be a fair bit away from the field, I think. 

Given that the field is 30 yards shorter, those end zone seats are going to be 40 feet further away from the back goal lines.  A reasonable comparable would be a soccer match at IG field.  If you see any video of the Valour you get an idea of how far away those seats are from the field of play.  That is probably the reason the Black Hole is located in the corner end zone seats as opposed to the back of the end zone - it is closer to the action on the field.

2 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

It is?  Let's see the numbers then.

better athletes in every sense of the word. Maybe pay attention and you'll learn something. You do realize every single player in the CFL is a player nobody in the NFL wants right?

Jeff Hecht and Hurl would get laughed off an NFL field.

Edited by Gotmilt

20 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

better athletes in every sense of the word. Maybe pay attention and you'll learn something. You do realize every single player in the CFL is a player nobody in the NFL wants right?

Completely ridiculous and misguided idea....

The top end NFL guys are better than the top end CFL guys, but after that, the depth is pretty comparable...

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

That's strictly you're opinion. And regardless of how stupid you want act, theres no way of knowing for sure. Youd have to compile huge amounts of data to even come close to a decent comparison. That's never been done, especially by you.

I generally agree with you though, NFL usually has the better athletes. Saying that. The games aren't 1 to 1 comparable in themselves. Different needs by each game different body types etc. If you would pay attention, you might learn that.

33 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That's strictly you're opinion. And regardless of how stupid you want act, theres no way of knowing for sure. Youd have to compile huge amounts of data to even come close to a decent comparison. That's never been done, especially by you.

I generally agree with you though, NFL usually has the better athletes. Saying that. The games aren't 1 to 1 comparable in themselves. Different needs by each game different body types etc. If you would pay attention, you might learn that.

So you think the NFL doesn't have enough resources to scout the CFL and would just let a guy who could win them one game slip?

The exception is a player who has been cut multiple times and is on the wrong side of 30.

Pretty funny how defensive you guys get though, even though i'm a huge CFL fan and have been a season ticket holder for 15 years.

I appreciate both games for what they're worth. I know the guys in the CFL are talented and could very well be good enough to play on a team in the NFL. The high end talent like you say is not comparable though.

Edited by Gotmilt

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

So you think the NFL doesn't have enough resources to scout the CFL and would just let a guy who could win them one game slip?

The exception is a player who has been cut multiple times and is on the wrong side of 30.

Pretty funny how defensive you guys get though, even though i'm a huge CFL fan and have been a season ticket holder for 15 years.

I appreciate both games for what they're worth. I know the guys in the CFL are talented and could very well be good enough to play on a team in the NFL. The high end talent like you say is not comparable though.

15 years and you still can't comprehend that you can be a fantastic athlete, but not a good fit for the NFL rules? 

Also, saying that something you've stated is impossible to measure and just an opinion is not getting defensive. It's providing a counter argument. 

On 2019-06-13 at 6:49 PM, Bigblue204 said:

15 years and you still can't comprehend that you can be a fantastic athlete, but not a good fit for the NFL rules? 

Also, saying that something you've stated is impossible to measure and just an opinion is not getting defensive. It's providing a counter argument. 

I just think it’s kind of funny how you’re lying to yourself. 

9 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Here is the way it is with regards to talent NFL vs. CFL...

The best of the NFL are very much superior, but the bottom parts of the roster? Same calibre as guys in the CFL just different fits.

Keep telling yourself that if you want to be wrong.

Every year the best CFL players try out in the NFL and most don't even make the team, let alone become starters. No, it's not cuz they don't fit. It's because they aren't as good.

13 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Keep telling yourself that if you want to be wrong.

Every year the best CFL players try out in the NFL and most don't even make the team, let alone become starters. No, it's not cuz they don't fit. It's because they aren't as good.

And every year dozens of players who played NFL games, were drafted by the NFL come to Canada and can’t make a team.  There will be dozens of players in this Raiders-Packers game who would never make a CFL team.

The issue isn’t talent level.

58 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And every year dozens of players who played NFL games, were drafted by the NFL come to Canada and can’t make a team.  There will be dozens of players in this Raiders-Packers game who would never make a CFL team.

The issue isn’t talent level.

I'm talking about players who actually make teams, not those who can't make it in either league. The best CFLrs are fringe NFLrs at best and yes.. that's about talent level.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm talking about players who actually make teams, not those who can't make it in either league. The best CFLrs are fringe NFLrs at best and yes.. that's about talent level.

That's crap. The CFL is filled with guys who have enough talent to play in the NFL, hell there's tons who have done just that. But the NFL has different kinds of players that fit better, they have access to all sorts of rookies and don't need to keep guys long term just to fill out rosters. 

Like I said, the best players are without question superior, but the bottoms of rosters in terms of skill are very comparable. 

Think of it like hockey too. There's tons of bottom of the roster players in the NHL could be replaced by guys playing in Europe and you wouldn't bat an eye. Hell I'd say there are some better players in Europe than are on a lot of teams bottom rungs and are only there because of things like salary cap or not wanting to deal with the politics and all that. It's the same thing. There are lots of guys in the CFL talented enough to play in the NFL, but there are also lots of reasons they don't.

51 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There are lots of guys in the CFL talented enough to play in the NFL, but there are also lots of reasons they don't.

I dont think there has ever been anyone who has the ability and skills to play in the NFL, who doesnt due to "other reasons"...

694940094001_6002751979001_6002755530001

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

That's crap. The CFL is filled with guys who have enough talent to play in the NFL, hell there's tons who have done just that. But the NFL has different kinds of players that fit better, they have access to all sorts of rookies and don't need to keep guys long term just to fill out rosters. 

Like I said, the best players are without question superior, but the bottoms of rosters in terms of skill are very comparable. 

Think of it like hockey too. There's tons of bottom of the roster players in the NHL could be replaced by guys playing in Europe and you wouldn't bat an eye. Hell I'd say there are some better players in Europe than are on a lot of teams bottom rungs and are only there because of things like salary cap or not wanting to deal with the politics and all that. It's the same thing. There are lots of guys in the CFL talented enough to play in the NFL, but there are also lots of reasons they don't.

Now that's some crap right there.

The CFL isn't filled with guys who have enough talent to play in the NFL. If they were, they'd play in the NFL for significantly bigger money. Their PR players get more money than most of our starters, their backups make more than that and their starters make huge money. That's how the NFL ends up with the most talented players in the world. All CFL players can do is dream of playing in the NFL and bringing home the big bucks.

Look, I love the CFL and I don't watch any NFL until our season is over, but that's because the game itself is better, not because the players are.