Around the League 2019 Season

Jpan85

I’m a little peeved at TSN’s preseason broadcast schedule.

Only 4 games and 2 Calgary games scheduled.

No Bomber games..

Friday, May 31    Saskatchewan at Calgary    TSN

Saturday, June 1    Hamilton at Ottawa    TSN

Thursday, June 6    Ottawa at Montreal    TSN

Friday, June 7    Calgary at BC                       TSN

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

No Bomber games..

Meh, away preseason games are boring. 

9 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Meh, away preseason games are boring. 

there's no such thing as a boring Bombers game, but pre-season games are always better on the radio. Irving has been following the team through TC and knows all the players. TSN has no clue about any of the newbies, so they're worse than useless...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

there's no such thing as a boring Bombers game, but pre-season games are always better on the radio. Irving has been following the team through TC and knows all the players. TSN has no clue about any of the newbies, so they're worse than useless...

And then you have Rod Black in the regular season who maybe knows four guys on each team and even then, only by their nicknames. 

40 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

No Bomber games..

No Esks. or Argos either, TSN can do better than this.  I like watching pre-season games, sometimes it's the only opportunity to see players like Tiny Montgomery in action before they're cut and disappeared.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Joe Mack: “Hold my beer”

#Labour Day massacre. #52-0. 

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Regardless, that had to be the nadir of any of the Bomber games I have had the misfortune to witness in my nearly 50 years of being a Bomber fan. Ugh.

I watched it with a Rider fan...  the worst part was when he stopped gloating... ugh.

BUT there was a super hot red headed chick that the camera guys kept zooming in on... that was an upside.

Edited by Floyd

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

Its my understanding that there was a bunch of fake news going around. Im not convinced that 3downnation is the most reliable source. Seems very slanted towards negativity

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Its my understanding that there was a bunch of fake news going around. Im not convinced that 3downnation is the most reliable source. Seems very slanted towards negativity

Interesting... Would like to get the real story anyhow. 

I’m not going to just take a player reps word for it. Unions know how to unify the players a get them to stop thinking about their own finances.  Whether the league actually pulled a fast one or whether this was just a language issue as a result of rushing through negotiations at the last minute we probably will never know.  However, I’m glad the players held strong and the owners held strong. Without that we probably wouldn’t have a deal yet and with all the changes to rosters due to the global stuff and the import veteran perk it was essential to get these things sorted out before the season started.