2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This topic was discussed in earnest here as I recall & the general consensus was to go with two main threads in the off season as well as another two during the regular season Bomber & CFL News to keep the site from becoming cluttered. That is how members wanted it. There have been very few complaints until now.  In order to change it, there would have to be some kind of a want or need to do it. 

Correct. Most people, those that commented anyway, did not like multiple threads.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Welcome back!! :)

I just can't allow it. I won't be dragged back. Ha!

Anyway, it was a pretty low key practice today. A fair bit of special times, skeleton drills (which, you know, hard to get excited about).

Guys that stood out to me:

Santiago- Explosive on returns. I expect him to rip a long one off next week. Ran the ball well in drills.

Augustine- Running and catching he looks quick and smooth 

Whitehead- catching everything and he can turn a dig route into  50 yard gain.

Dale Warren- I saw him bust up a few plays I  the back field 

McCallister- He moves so well for a guy that big, I hope he shows well in the games and sticks around. 

Matt Hazel- got deep a few times and made some nice catches

Not Booch level analysis. But in my defence it was bloody early for a Saturday

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I just can't allow it. I won't be dragged back. Ha!

Anyway, it was a pretty low key practice today. A fair bit of special times, skeleton drills (which, you know, hard to get excited about).

Guys that stood out to me:

Santiago- Explosive on returns. I expect him to rip a long one off next week. Ran the ball well in drills.

Augustine- Running and catching he looks quick and smooth 

Whitehead- catching everything and he can turn a dig route into  50 yard gain.

Dale Warren- I saw him bust up a few plays I  the back field 

McCallister- He moves so well for a guy that big, I hope he shows well in the games and sticks around. 

Matt Hazel- got deep a few times and made some nice catches

Not Booch level analysis. But in my defence it was bloody early for a Saturday

McAllister was a guy I was pumped we signed..looks like a young Jefferson and is very quick off the edge from what I saw but also used some nice inside moves so not a one trick pony..sure hope we PR him as I pretty sure he would accept as he wants to get his career going..and as it sits now no room on roster other than if a couple injuries happen which is bad news all around 

Agree on Whitehead.. if he gets a crack or a seem he's gone..he's got the unique ability to explode to full speed in a couple strides

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

McAllister was a guy I was pumped we signed..looks like a young Jefferson and is very quick off the edge from what I saw but also used some nice inside moves so not a one trick pony..sure hope we PR him as I pretty sure he would accept as he wants to get his career going..and as it sits now no room on roster other than if a couple injuries happen which is bad news all around 

Agree on Whitehead.. if he gets a crack or a seem he's gone..he's got the unique ability to explode to full speed in a couple strides

I really hope he sticks around. Learning from our guys may help him take the next step. 

I should add that I actually feel bad for Larry Rose III

I think he has had a good camp when I've seen him, but it is a stacked position and he is American. 

Hopefully he lands on another team if not here

4 hours ago, Booch said:

This is what has made Calgary lethal the past 10 years they have real skilled guys willing to sit on PR a year to earn a shot.

Day 7 Recap

More involvement by Andrew Harris. They’re working him in slowly.

Harris has been working closely with fellow Oak Park alum Brady Oliveira, as the club’s second-round draft pick gets his introduction to pro football.

“He’s definitely showing he can play. He’s a big guy, he’s quick and fast and what’s most impressive is how he attacks the meeting rooms. Right from Day 1 I told him he can sit beside me and so I communicate with him throughout meetings quite a bit.”

The Bombers added two import offensive lineman Saturday in Jamar McGloster and Israel Helms, while releasing OL Frank Sutton and DL Evan Perrizo.

“They’re guys we like that we wanted to take a look at that just became available,” said head coach Mike O’Shea of McGloster and Helms. “There was a push by the NFL to sign some guys and bring them into camps and so when they become available is always hit and miss. We’ve got a couple of guys that are nicked up, too, so in order to practice efficiently and give the guys the appropriate amount of reps you’ve got to bring other guys in.”

Additionally, the club has placed guard/tackle Manase Foketi  on the veteran exempt list. Foketi, who was expected to give the team the option to start three Americans on the OL, has not been in camp.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/25/notes-camp-day-7-recap/?utm_source=dlvr.it

Lol... oh the irony... I came to the “training camp” thread to read news on training camp (surprise, surprise)... and I have to sift through 4 pages of people complaining about the lack of micro threads....

anyways... according to the day 1 roster sheet, Frank Sutton was the “other” #57 at camp... and he’s now gone... 

13 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Farmer is definitely an interior lineman.

For sure. Played for Mike Riley at Nebraska, almost exclusively at right guard until his senior season when he switched to centre. Gives the Bombers a good interior option if any of the Canadians get hurt or they want to go 3 imports on the OL.