2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

37 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Any chance of sending any of them back to school?

Desjarlais could technically go back to school but pretty sure other teams could sign him like Malik Richards. I am always confused about how exactly the rules surrounding guys returning to school work.

Yeah we are well stocked...if any one ..or more of Couture/Gray/Speller/Eli/Desjarlais was to hit PR or outright released hey would be snapped up immediately says a lot about the depth, especially when we have the top left tackle as well as arguably the top right tackle, and the straw that stirs this olines drink...and not to forget Neufeld whom many still doubt on, but has played every game now for what..the past 2yrs and a bit and many across the league would say is a top guard...not to mention one of the guys who plays with the mean nasty streak

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Goff or not, he made a ton of amazing catches in that clip. Constantly high pointing the ball and catching with his hands. Great body control too.

Lawler also made a whole bunch of very good catches towards the end of practice today. I think we could see him with the starting O on Friday.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t lawler in camp last year..

watched that guys highlight tape and wow that is an incredible reel. A lot of one handers... going up for the ball... a lot to like there 

GONE...

Long gone are the likes of Weston Dressler, Clarence Denmark, Julian Feoli-Gudino, L’Damian Washington, Matt Coates, Chris Givens, Kenbrell Thompkins and Ryan Lankford.

Here now..

Replacing them are names like Chris Matthews, Nic Demski, Drew Wolitarsky, Kenny Lawler, Rasheed Bailey.

Read more...

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/veteran-adams-the-one-consistent-in-bombers-receiving-corps-over-last-few-seasons#click=https://t.co/XedoVMnfFs

Spoiler alert -  ( it’s a Ted Wyman article)

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

this is MASSIVE.......if I could get this for EVERY game, I'd be happier than a pig in ****, I'll tell you....

If I had the time I could do this with a private stream... unfortunately with two small kids I would not be able to commit.  Maybe another one of the tech nerds on here could do it?

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Imo, for the vast majority of teams its the next best OL. The drop off after that is steep. 

Since they get primarily used on the edge in short yardage packages I would think someone with the ability to play T would be a premium. Versatility is always huge in the cfl though. Especially for both NIs, and linemen. Since its generally "easier" to play guard, Ideally your 6th would be someone who can play Tackle, and you have to have someone who can snap in an emergency even if you have to shift guys around to make the replacement work. Shifting someone over and bringing in a back up on the OL is begging for struggle though. 

First thought would be who is the next guy up to snap the ball.  If you can't get the ball reliably to the QB nothing else matters.  If none of the 5 starters can handle that, then who your 6th guy is becomes really simple, and that's how Couture got on the roster as a rookie.  Neufeld played around with it a bit too but struggled pretty badly in the 2017 preseason.

If Couture doesn't win the starting job he'll almost for sure be the 6th OL.

24 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

First thought would be who is the next guy up to snap the ball.  If you can't get the ball reliably to the QB nothing else matters.  If none of the 5 starters can handle that, then who your 6th guy is becomes really simple, and that's how Couture got on the roster as a rookie.  Neufeld played around with it a bit too but struggled pretty badly in the 2017 preseason.

#freecousinzach

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

I regularly search eBay for those jerseys. I have a 63 that I'm quite fond of...want a 71 sometime...

The centrepiece of my cave is a (reportedly) game worn 71 from eBay.   My unnaturally large son never remembers why his dad makes him wear 63 when he plays OLine.  38 would be pretty cool too.  Please one of these years can the Bombers make some memories for my kids.

Keeping the faith on Vancouver Island.

Very grateful for training camp updates —- way more detail than Bombers website.

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Yeah, the snap to the pistol is a lot easier then to the full gun but yeah It all depends on who can snap. 

Day 12 Recap

“It’s definitely a great feeling with the field and the space I have and as fast as I am. The coaches have put me in space and given the opportunity with the ball to use my speed out here. That’s been fun.” - Lucky for us 

I'm getting a ton of reps in training camp, I feel great out here." - Matt Nichols 

“I’m looking forward to seeing what a lot of these guys can do,” said O’Shea. “As you’ve witnessed through camp, I think we’ve got some pretty good team speed on the offensive side of the ball and a lot of these guys are very exciting with the ball in their hands. We’ve got to give them as much opportunity as possible to showcase that.” - Mike O’Shea 

There is just one cut-down date in the CFL, with all teams needing to make those moves by 9 p.m. on June 8th.

“Some of those decisions will just naturally occur because it’s football and pro sport and things happen. There are a lot of good players and you’d love to be able to keep them all.” - Mike O’Shea.

Edited by Mr Dee

-Hardrick vows to be ready for regular season...”I’m feeling great. I loved running around out there, I had to knock the rust off. Just something minor and I’m taking precautions to make sure that I’m ready for the season. Nothing big.” - Jamarcus Hardrick

-“Playing a physical, clean game and (having) no major busts. That’s what you want to see.”

“It’s going to be a lot of fun. We’re all going to have our opportunities to make plays, but when you bring a guy like Willie in, he’s such a dynamic player and he can do a lot of things,” - Adam Bighill

“I hope I showed them that I know my assignments, that I can make good catches, some contested catches and just be a player that the quarterbacks can trust to throw the ball to me.” - Kenny Lawler

“I hope I showed them that I know my assignments, that I can make good catches, some contested catches and just be a player that the quarterbacks can trust to throw the ball to me.” - Kenny Lawler

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombshells-hardrick-vows-to-be-ready-for-regular-season#click=https://t.co/lsYjUpMtsH

Camp Day 14 Recap

The Bombers rotated a number of O-linemen into the fray against the Eskimos. For what it’s worth, the team started Delroy Baker Jr. and Jamar McGloster at tackle, Drew Desjarlais and Geoff Gray at guard and Michael Couture at centre.

At Sunday’s practice the O-line featured Hardrick and Stanley Bryant at tackle, with Gray and Speller at guard and Couture at centre – although the bodies continued to be rotated in and out throughout the session

Training camp can be as much a war of attrition as anything. And as evidence, we give you cornerback Amari Coleman, who quietly moved up the depth chart and has been working with the starting defence with Winston Rose, Chris Humes and Marcus Rios all injured.

Cut-down day for all CFL teams is this coming Saturday. O’Shea was asked if there might be moves before the weekend and said: “We’ll see. We’ll be talking personnel every day this week, but we’ll see where that plan takes us.”…

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Mike Sawatzky @sawa14

The #Bombers have released six players from their training camp roster, including: American OL Chauncey Briggs, Canadian OL Matthew Ouellet De Carlo and Ben Koczwara, American WRs Chris Hubert and Garrett Johnson and Canadian DB Payton Hall. #WFP

This only makes sense with all the O-Linemen and receivers we had in camp.

Focus.

Now they can keep their eyes on the assignments with the guys they chose to focus on. 

Can you feel it?