2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

9 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Media is super good at telling us what isn't happening at practice.

It annoys me so much that this is literally all Wyman is capable of doing. Who cares who is banged up for a day or two in camp? It’s the very definition of non-news that requires no effort on his part to try to make it look like he’s actually doing something. 

Beg to differ. Wyman has had several articles on the Bombers camp.

This listing of TC injuries kind of snuck up on fans, so I don’t mind him reminding us just how quickly the list can grow.

Wyman, even Friesen, and especially Ed Tait have kept us informed.

Thank goodness.

This year, there seems to be a lack of fan participation/reports, so I’m happy for whatever I can get.

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Beg to differ. Wyman has had several articles on the Bombers camp.

This listing of TC injuries kind of snuck up on fans, so I don’t mind him reminding us just how quickly the list can grow.

Wyman, even Friesen, and especially Ed Tait have kept us informed.

Thank goodness.

This year, there seems to be a lack of fan participation/reports, so I’m happy for whatever I can get.

Forgive me if I’m looking for actual camp news rather than fluff pieces about where these guys went to high school and their favourite pizza topping. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

...and Speller?

Yes he is included. My current projection would be Neufeld, Couture, and Gray starting. Desjarlais and Speller compete for 6th OL with the other being the 7th OL on the 2-man reserve.

Koczwara and Ouellet de Carlo try to earn a PR spot.

Bauming and Tait have had a lot of quality stuff. There's the "fluffy" features, sure, but the casual fans really enjoy those. For us, there's the daily News n Notes column that Tait does. Bauming has a lot of tweets about stuff happening. Between the two of them, it's pretty good...

16 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Forgive me if I’m looking for actual camp news rather than fluff pieces about where these guys went to high school and their favourite pizza topping. 

Nope.

There are stories there.

Examples?

BOMBSHELLS: Lawler, Bailey seem to be front-runners in intense battle for receiver spot with Bombers May 26

Bombers’ quarterback Bennett a ‘freak-of-nature’ athlete May 26

BOMBSHELLS: Matthews aims to have impact as mentor and community leader as well as a receiver with Bombers May 20

Call them the Winnipeg Mafia — nine hometown players looking to make big impact May 20

Edited by Mr Dee

50 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Bauming and Tait have had a lot of quality stuff. There's the "fluffy" features, sure, but the casual fans really enjoy those. For us, there's the daily News n Notes column that Tait does. Bauming has a lot of tweets about stuff happening. Between the two of them, it's pretty good...

My issue is largely with Wyman. Bauming does a fine enough job. 

56 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yes he is included. My current projection would be Neufeld, Couture, and Gray starting. Desjarlais and Speller compete for 6th OL with the other being the 7th OL on the 2-man reserve.

Koczwara and Ouellet de Carlo try to earn a PR spot.

dont sleep on Eli as well. The depth of young NI OL talent is insane this year.

Edited by wbbfan

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It almost comes down to who they can safely stash on the PR without risk of being swiped.  With the current depth I think they will be forced to make 2 outright cuts.

Pretty much. Though we could always have some hidden on the IR as well. I think speller, kozcwara, and ODC could sit on the PR safely. Desjarlais would be a good fit as the 6th ol. Maybe gray even slides out to the TE spot on goal line packages and Desjarlais moves inside. Eli could be a dark horse for the 6th man as well since he is our other center. 

A pancake machine like eli is also extremely valuable in short yardage packages. 

Edited by wbbfan

I'm curious what the thought process is on a 6th OL....does it have to be someone who can play multiple positions on the line well, or just be able to fill in for someone else who can...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious what the thought process is on a 6th OL....does it have to be someone who can play multiple positions on the line well, or just be able to fill in for someone else who can...

Imo, for the vast majority of teams its the next best OL. The drop off after that is steep. 

Since they get primarily used on the edge in short yardage packages I would think someone with the ability to play T would be a premium. Versatility is always huge in the cfl though. Especially for both NIs, and linemen. Since its generally "easier" to play guard, Ideally your 6th would be someone who can play Tackle, and you have to have someone who can snap in an emergency even if you have to shift guys around to make the replacement work. Shifting someone over and bringing in a back up on the OL is begging for struggle though. 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Pretty much. Though we could always have some hidden on the IR as well. I think speller, kozcwara, and ODC could sit on the PR safely. Desjarlais would be a good fit as the 6th ol. Maybe gray even slides out to the TE spot on goal line packages and Desjarlais moves inside. Eli could be a dark horse for the 6th man as well since he is our other center. 

A pancake machine like eli is also extremely valuable in short yardage packages. 

Any chance of sending any of them back to school?