2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

6 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Barring some sort of injury I’d say that Geoff Gray at this point has the job at right guard.  With Foketi not there competing with him and getting reps and rave reviews from the coach it seems to be a done deal. 

I'd say that's locked down... interesting one is Desjarlais at LG - would have thought Ouellet or Kowczara would get more reps there

Any word who's playing RT with the 1's?

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I imagine that at some point this video has been posted.  But with Lawler having a great camp ive done some research on the guy and he seems pretty legit. Kenny Lawler scored 27 touchdowns in college and it didn't hurt that Jared Goff was his quarterback no doubt.  However, he's excellent at body position and coming up with those difficult contested catches.  He could be a real gem and give Matty another target that can be thrown to in any one on one situation with confidence. Considering he would be in the same receiving core as Matthews and Adams he probably won't get a lot of double teams.  

I'm usually a little skeptical about highlight films, but this is impressive.  The catches he makes and the way he competes for the ball has nothing to do with the level of competition and should translate well to the CFL if he can get open.  Heck, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could be opening things up for Matthews and Adams eventually.

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I'm usually a little skeptical about highlight films, but this is impressive.  The catches he makes and the way he competes for the ball has nothing to do with the level of competition and should translate well to the CFL if he can get open.  Heck, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could be opening things up for Matthews and Adams eventually.

Your avatar brings a smile to my face. 

RIP Tyrone

One of the greats 

5 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

A former co-worker of mine lived down the hall from Tyrone in the Colony Apartments.  Said he was one of the absolute coolest, nicest guys he ever met.

My old barber used to cut his hair. He used to get autographs  cards, and stickers from him for me when I was a young lad. 

1 hour ago, do or die said:

These opponent O formations, where the RB was supposed to block Jones, always made me laugh.   Ty would always eat their lunch.

I have a 58 jersey from that time period but just cause I couldn't get the 35 that day. I enjoyed watching how that fat behind could move so fast. (typed while sitting in a decidedly wide chair),

27 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

I have a 58 jersey from that time period but just cause I couldn't get the 35 that day. I enjoyed watching how that fat behind could move so fast. (typed while sitting in a decidedly wide chair),

I regularly search eBay for those jerseys. I have a 63 that I'm quite fond of...want a 71 sometime...

Edited by Noeller

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'd say that's locked down... interesting one is Desjarlais at LG - would have thought Ouellet or Kowczara would get more reps there

Any word who's playing RT with the 1's?

I'm guessing they are looking at Desjarlais as the 6/7 OL while Kocz and Ouellet fight it out for a PR spot.

3 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

I imagine that at some point this video has been posted.  But with Lawler having a great camp ive done some research on the guy and he seems pretty legit. Kenny Lawler scored 27 touchdowns in college and it didn't hurt that Jared Goff was his quarterback no doubt.  However, he's excellent at body position and coming up with those difficult contested catches.  He could be a real gem and give Matty another target that can be thrown to in any one on one situation with confidence. Considering he would be in the same receiving core as Matthews and Adams he probably won't get a lot of double teams.  

Goff or not, he made a ton of amazing catches in that clip. Constantly high pointing the ball and catching with his hands. Great body control too.

15 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on that until one of them actually produces in a game... however, I will admit this group does look promising...

I don't remember in the previous 5 or so pre season camps of this many rave reviews of the import receivers.    Usually it was more so along the lines of a guy looking speedy but inconsistent on the hands  or someone who looks decent purely because they had some NFL experience.