2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

15 hours ago, Booch said:

McAllister was a guy I was pumped we signed..looks like a young Jefferson and is very quick off the edge from what I saw but also used some nice inside moves so not a one trick pony..sure hope we PR him as I pretty sure he would accept as he wants to get his career going..and as it sits now no room on roster other than if a couple injuries happen which is bad news all around 

Agree on Whitehead.. if he gets a crack or a seem he's gone..he's got the unique ability to explode to full speed in a couple strides

Do not underestimate the likelihood that there may a couple of sudden, mysterious injuries.

Stopped by this morning to pick up my tickets and watch some practice.  Bad timing, I guess, because when I was there, they didn’t do a damn thing with a ball.  I was lucky to even get my tickets, as there had been a power outage and the Bomber store was closed.  Thankfully someone let me in to grab them.  So, unfortunately I have absolutely nothing to report.

Edited by BomberBall

25 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Stopped by this morning to pick up my tickets and watch some practice.  Bad timing, I guess, because when I was there, they didn’t do a damn thing with a ball.  I was lucky to even get my tickets, as there had been a power outage and the Bomber store was closed.  Thankfully someone let me in to grab them.  So, unfortunately I have absolutely nothing to report.

Hey, no news is is good news, so thanks for that!

My quick two cents on the great thread debate of 2019. I dont post often. Usually come just to catch up on things. 

I personally dont mind it either way. If you have lots of threads then you have to scroll through pages to find older threads and if you have a few threads with lots of replies you have to scroll through pages. It is the same either way and you can't please everyone. 

The around the league offseason threads are a nice way to keep everything together and it doesnt take that long to scroll through and see where you left off. But I think big news topics should have there own thread. Big signings, big releases, major injuries etc. What we dont want is multiple threads discussing the same topic or the useless threads like what Andrew Harris had for breakfast.

And because training camp is so short having one for each day is kinda silly. I like the one thread.

Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

We showed up this afternoon to watch camp but were told they moved it to this morning suddenly. Glad we didn't miss much but what a bummer.

2 hours ago, Gotmilt said:

intellectual age of 14 though.

That was a terrible... lazy... lame insult.

If you are going to derail the thread and make us read your tantrums- at least make it entertaining for us. Throw a bit of effort, it's not much to ask. Or... take it to PM if you are going to be lazy about it. 

giphy.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

THE OL WATCH:

The Bombers O-line, which has been the picture of stability and continuity over the last few years, will feature two new faces this year after the retirement of Matthias Goossen and Sukh Chungh’s exit to B.C.

On that front, Michael Couture and Cody Speller continue to take turns splitting the duties at centre while Geoff Gray has been working with the No. ones at right guard. Patrick Neufeld, who is a lock at left guard, has yet to participate in practice while right tackle Jermarcus Hardrick has been dinged the last few days. That means only Stanley Bryant, the reigning two-time CFL Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman, has been a fixture through the first week at his left tackle spot.

All of this has given opportunity for some of the newer hogs in camp – including first-round pick Drew Desjarlais – to get lots of reps. Desjarlais, for example, worked with the ones at left guard on Sunday. Tui Eli, a 2019 draft pick, missed a couple of days of camp on a personal matter and could morph into an option once he knocks the rust off after missing all of last year with a knee injury.

That said, the Bombers have also added four import OL over the last three days – part of that is related to attrition with Hardrick and Neufeld on the shelf and Manase Foketi on the veteran-exempt list. Some of it is linked to players the club were interested in signing just springing free from the NFL.

But it also means nothing here is carved in stone yet, including the possibility of still starting three imports up front.

No way we go 3 import OL...

As for our 4 new import OL...  does that mean Foketi is long-term or Hardrick is more nicked up than we're letting on...  interesting!!

A GLOBAL IMPACT?:

The new collective bargaining agreement designated that each team now dresses a ‘global’ players, as part of the league’s new 2.0 philosophy to grow the game outside this country’s borders.

Of the four global players in Bombers camp, the player who looks most ready to contribute is German linebacker Thiadric Hansen. He’s got good size at 6-2, 240 and has played in the German Football League, most recently with the Potsdam Royals. Hansen pulled up with an injury in practice a couple of days ago, but could make a contribution on special teams.

Injuries to globals... does that mean you basically HAVE to carry two on the gameday roster...  will have to carry one on PR for sure...

Edited by Floyd

1 hour ago, Floyd said:
1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Injuries to globals... does that mean you basically HAVE to carry two on the gameday roster...  will have to carry one on PR for sure...

Didn't they just add an extra roster spot for the global player? Lord, I hope so. And, if so, I would just give up that spot rather than carry another global player (until you have to field one or they actually are worth carrying). 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Didn't they just add an extra roster spot for the global player? Lord, I hope so. And, if so, I would just give up that spot rather than carry another global player (until you have to field one or they actually are worth carrying). 

You’ll have to have a guy in the PR at least... can’t just grab a guy off the street if your starter gets hurt 

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You’ll have to have a guy in the PR at least... can’t just grab a guy off the street if your starter gets hurt 

But why even have one? It's a spot that you don't need to fill and eat away at your budget. 

Day 8 Recap

Chandler Fenner, the 28-year-old vet has been taking turns at the cornerback position. 

“At corner there’s less to read and you get a lot more space. Things happen a lot faster inside the box. It’s definitely a good pace for me. it’s definitely a competitive place to be. You are going to end up a lot of times one-on-one with the receiver and I like that. I like that competitive aspect of it.”

Bombers head coach Mike O’Shea was asked Sunday after practice about the status of OL Patrick Neufeld, who has yet to practice.

“He’s close, but I know when we need him. And for all of these guys it takes a lot of convincing to let them know when we need them – especially when it’s not on their timeline. They want to be out there. Paddy’s no different. He’d like to be out there working with his guys and we’re not letting him right now.

“I don’t think Paddy’s a guy that needs a lot of reps out there. It’s certainly more comforting for guys around him when he’s out there because he’s so smart and sees the game so well and communicates very effectively. The benefit is we get to see other guys and put other guys at different spots so you get to try some different combinations out. We’re holding him out because we know he doesn’t need this yet and we know as time goes on it’s going to be beneficial for him.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/26/notes-camp-day-8-recap/

On 2019-05-25 at 1:36 PM, yogi said:

You're missing the point. It's that a forum should be a hub of team info and open discussion, not a off topic rambling group-chat for a few 55+ oldboys who don't visit any other site. This place has turned into somewhat of a **** hole of a site on a path towards being riderfans. The old boy dies hards with 10000+ posts are already on riderfan levels of toxicity and making this place insular for them is going to be the deathknell.

I have been dickish, true. But I tried laying out my points and got ridiculed by the old boy die hards, and that's the only way to communicate with them. Also it's fun. I'd love to have a discussion on this, and some posters have. But this place is turning majorly toxic.

I dunno man. Right off the hop when people simply didnt agree with your angle you went off.  Kudos to you for owning it tho and not getting angry at my response. I apologize for being uncouth myself but damn man, that was so outta left field lol. 

Either way, reg season is about to go so I'd imagine all pertinent info will start to warrant it's own threads and now jokes about threads. I get we are all getting antsy too so that probably didnt help matters. 

At the end of the day, we are all bomber fans and cheer for the same team.  I get you dont wanna be forced to look elsewhere for the goods on the bombers but we've functioned this way since our inception if member serves, I dont think we gonna change it up now just for the sake of change.  if it ain't broken...