2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

Just read what was going on..bizzare...Eli was 67 and I know who he was 100 percent...but there was a 57 and looked good..never took helmet off..or when did I never made note but just assumed it was him and he was listed there on the roster.. either way he was impressive hahahaha

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

Just read what was going on..bizzare...Eli was 67 and I know who he was 100 percent...but there was a 57 and looked good..never took helmet off..or when did I never made note but just assumed it was him and he was listed there on the roster.. either way he was impressive hahahaha

You don't follow the Bomber for a living so no one will criticize you. 

10 hours ago, SPuDS said:

I've been an idle lurker for damn near 3 months and I still knew corney retiring happened months ago.. Yogi, you missing it in the posts is on you man.

Also, wtf crawled up your ass?  Every single reply you've made in here has been completely dickish. 

You're missing the point. It's that a forum should be a hub of team info and open discussion, not a off topic rambling group-chat for a few 55+ oldboys who don't visit any other site. This place has turned into somewhat of a **** hole of a site on a path towards being riderfans. The old boy dies hards with 10000+ posts are already on riderfan levels of toxicity and making this place insular for them is going to be the deathknell.

I have been dickish, true. But I tried laying out my points and got ridiculed by the old boy die hards, and that's the only way to communicate with them. Also it's fun. I'd love to have a discussion on this, and some posters have. But this place is turning majorly toxic.

10 minutes ago, yogi said:

You're missing the point. It's that a forum should be a hub of team info and open discussion, not a off topic rambling group-chat for a few 55+ oldboys who don't visit any other site. This place has turned into somewhat of a **** hole of a site on a path towards being riderfans. The old boy dies hards with 10000+ posts are already on riderfan levels of toxicity and making this place insular for them is going to be the deathknell.

I have been dickish, true. But I tried laying out my points and got ridiculed by the old boy die hards, and that's the only way to communicate with them. Also it's fun. I'd love to have a discussion on this, and some posters have. But this place is turning majorly toxic.

I’m interested in your naming a forum, especially for the CFL, that shows what you’re trying to convey..

9 minutes ago, yogi said:

none are perfect, but basically every other one does a better job at presenting team news/info

exactly, visit riderfans the have separate threads for most bigger news or topics, also have split threads up by training camp days. Way easier to read, communicate and keep the discussion on topic.

This topic was discussed in earnest here as I recall & the general consensus was to go with two main threads in the off season as well as another two during the regular season Bomber & CFL News to keep the site from becoming cluttered. That is how members wanted it. There have been very few complaints until now.  In order to change it, there would have to be some kind of a want or need to do it. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

exactly, visit riderfans the have separate threads for most bigger news or topics, also have split threads up by training camp days. Way easier to read, communicate and keep the discussion on topic.

Hey- the seperate training camp days is a great idea- you should start a thread for each day of training camp. that is a very good suggestion, you should pull the trigger and do it.

This is a community driven site- if you feel you its lacking in something, feel free to suggest and/or just add it. If it is unnecessary or inappropriate- the mods will take care of it. if you disagree with them, feel free to pm them and find out why or what happened. they are an approachable bunch.

29 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Hey- the seperate training camp days is a great idea- you should start a thread for each day of training camp. that is a very good suggestion, you should pull the trigger and do it.

This is a community driven site- if you feel you its lacking in something, feel free to suggest and/or just add it. If it is unnecessary or inappropriate- the mods will take care of it. if you disagree with them, feel free to pm them and find out why or what happened. they are an approachable bunch.

funny you say that, I have tried making separate threads in the past and have had my threads deleted and flamed because people were already talking about it in the mega thread. If you're saying the rules have changed then i will gladly do that.

19 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Can a mod please put all of these off topic posts into a new thread. It's annoying having to read though them to get camp news.

Don't tell that to "Got Milt"

He has a meaningless opinion to get out there.

For what it's worth, I'm super OCD, slim all about things being tidy and orderly, so multiple threads or multiple news bits being repeated drive me bonkers. I like mega threads because less = tidy and orderly. But whatever the majority want (clearly what we've been doing is working!) is cool...