2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

On 2019-05-21 at 10:16 AM, Booch said:

McAllister again beat his guy..nice inside move..Foketti too is damn good..havnt seen him get beat yet

Jefferson just fed his jock to Baker Jr who has looked not bad other than that lol

Hard to get beat when you aren't there! 😉

23 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Anyway, Foketi was reported as being dominant in one on ones earlier in camp - who WAS wearing #57?

My 1st thought was Eli.  I believe he's wearing 67 and when I saw him, the way he had his jersey rolled halfway up his chest I couldn't tell if it was 67 or 57.

Some of you guys sound like my grumpy ol' grand dad.  The team obviously had their reasons but I'm sure it wasn't part of some grandiose conspiracy theory.   Maybe the player figured out leaving his family for 5 months, being paid in cdn dollars, paying rent in Canada and in the US, plus other expenses and limiting his job opportunities in the US as he can't commit to a full time job.  Just isn't worth it.  

Lets concern ourselves with who's here and not who's not. 

3 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Some of you guys sound like my grumpy ol' grand dad.  The team obviously had their reasons but I'm sure it wasn't part of some grandiose conspiracy theory.   Maybe the player figured out leaving his family for 5 months, being paid in cdn dollars, paying rent in Canada and in the US, plus other expenses and limiting his job opportunities in the US as he can't commit to a full time job.  Just isn't worth it.  

Lets concern ourselves with who's here and not who's not. 

I tend to lean this way, as well...

With all this hype (well deserved it sounds) over Brady Oliveira.  I wonder how the team will fit him on the roster?  Will he and Harris split the reps, will he be more of a blocking back or come in as an extra receiver?  He's definitely the real thing but how do we get all this talent on the field? 

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

With all this hype (well deserved it sounds) over Brady Oliveira.  I wonder how the team will fit him on the roster?  Will he and Harris split the reps, will he be more of a blocking back or come in as an extra receiver?  He's definitely the real thing but how do we get all this talent on the field? 

All’s I know is that it’s a delightful ‘problem’ to have.

3 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

ST to start

8 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Lots of opportunity to use players that are useful.  No issue getting him on the roster.

14 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

There were a few games where we had both Flanders and Harris on the roster. I could see the team using Oliveira like we used Flanders. A few carries and also involved in the passing game. He is pretty thick so he might be able to come in almost like a fullback in some situations depending on his blocking abilities.

I fully expect him to get lots of reps in the preseason and maybe start one of the games. Let's see what this kid can do!

Jefferson and Jeffcoat..

"I think the sky's the limit for them," Glen Young said.

"I can't even tell you how much fun it's been for me to watch it as it's been developing through training camp. They're so different, but they're so effective."

"[Jefferson's] presence is going to make a difference for us," Young said. "To have him and Jackson coming off the edge is going to be such a tremendous asset for us.

"Being here now and seeing how practice goes, seeing how the coaches are with the players and how interactive they are outside of the locker-room, it's nice here," said Jefferson, 28, a CFL all-star the past two seasons.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5149646?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar&__twitter_impression=true