2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

With a hundred bodies milling about, it's somewhat understandable the media did not pick up on it.  Question is when the Bombers announced Thompkins as a no-show why didn't they also announce that Foketi was M.i.A.

It is understandable for a fan to miss it.

This is your job if you are media. He has been here 2 years or so.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I don't blame the media.....all those giant linemen look alike. It is curious why the team kept this hidden...

One of the options being discussed was Foketi at guard.

A relatively large question they never even inquired about for a week.

I definitely blame the media,  the guy was suppose to be competing for a starting job after 2 big departures.  You'd think they would want to interview him to see his thoughts on finally getting his chance?

Super weird that he didn't show,  I wonder what the deal is?  

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Thompkins didnt bother me. But Foketi does, he apparently liked it here, so what's the deal?

Apparently not, I don't think any player enjoys standing on the sidelines watching for seasons on end as the prime of their career slips by.  The team needs to own this and re-examine their player management approach, because in situations such as this they're obviously misreading player response.  

2 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Apparently not, I don't think any player enjoys standing on the sidelines watching for seasons on end as the prime of their career slips by.  The team needs to own this and re-examine their player management approach, because in situations such as this they're obviously misreading player response.  

Didn't he just re-sign this off season?

12 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Precisely.  You have to be able to read the quiet types who don't usually complain.

Anyway, Foketi was reported as being dominant in one on ones earlier in camp - who WAS wearing #57?

2 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Precisely.  You have to be able to read the quiet types who don't usually complain.

Anyway, Foketi was reported as being dominant in one on ones earlier in camp - who WAS wearing #57?

Quick check says a guy named Frank Sutton

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

who I believe was just released....man this is such a crazy story.

Guess that's why they brought in 2 tackles, Foketi was here for a few years you think the media would of figured out that only 1 numbered 57 out of 2 was on the field and wondered who it was.

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

We have no idea what happened with either him or Thompkins. You're reading too much into it and assuming they both just quit because they were unhappy with the team. There could be many reasons, some of them non-football related. We just don't know.

13 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Strange that the club didn't announce Fokketti's absence. I checked the transactions and he was transferred to injured vet back on May 15. I don't understand why he wasn't suspended for not showing up unless the team is holding a spot for him, should he want to return.

They should have been upfront about it or at least provide some reasoning like they did with Thompkins, not being able to get hold of him.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

???? What a bonkers thing to post.....

Print media in Canada is getting $$$ from the Federal Government. Print media in recent years has complained constantly about declining revenues and having less readers. However they never look at themselves and think maybe these things are happening because they don't do a good job such as missing a story like this.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

They should have been upfront about it or at least provide some reasoning like they did with Thompkins, not being able to get hold of him.

Or... maybe they were in touch with him and ultimately, he decided not to report.  

Very poor reporting when a vet. wasn't reported as missing....Someone must have noticed or are all of them walking around in a bloody daze....Could be Foketi thought he would be expendable at any rate...Should have showed up though and at least made an attempt to keep his job...

With Harris back at it today, on the other side of things the list of non-participants has grown. No surprise following back-to-back padded and full-contact practices. Should be no major concerns though.

Winston Rose
Charles Nelson
Thomas Miles
Jacob Firlotte
Mike Miller
Chris Matthews
Corey Washington
Marcus Rios
Jermarcus Hardrick
DJ Lalama
Pat Neufeld
Jonathan Kongbo#Bombers #CFLTC