2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's funny because you're the one whining about MBB not catering to you. 

Here's an idea, why don't you start a thread about Corney retiring? 

pretty sure no one here asked MBB to cater to us.. Just wishing that topics had their own threads. 

But hey you apparently read what you want.

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's funny because you're the one whining about MBB not catering to you. 

Here's an idea, why don't you start a thread about Corney retiring?

Man you're slow. You're missing the point so much, it both hurts my brain and makes me laugh. Neither of the things you've brought up are being discussed by anyone but you.

6 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

pretty sure no one here asked MBB to cater to us.. Just wishing that topics had their own threads. 

But hey you apparently read what you want.

Start whatever topic you want. I'm sure there are no restrictions. I've never seen one. Made one myself today. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

And, in what way is that different from a any post in a thread? 

I mean, do you not follow the team for f'ng months then expect everyone else to do TL;DR thread for you?? 

Like honestly, internet agrument aside, would you like us to put together some pictures to help explain what everyone in this thread is talking about? Because you're so off the mark I'm starting to feel bad for you.

4 hours ago, yogi said:

Trent Corney retired apparently? News to me. Impossible to track any Bomber or CFL news with the 2 mega threads for all relevant topics. Whoever thought of that for this site and enforces it needs to give their head a shake, absolutely ruined the readability of this place. 2 threads for all relevant news and discussion, but 3 dozen threads to vote on favorite players for each position? Good grief what happened to this place. Just like we migrated from OurBombers to MBB, might be time to migrate to a new platform. Blue Bombers subreddit needs to grow.

6 minutes ago, yogi said:

Like honestly, internet agrument aside, would you like us to put together some pictures to help explain what everyone in this thread is talking about? Because you're so off the mark I'm starting to feel bad for you.

You came into this thread to whine about not knowing about Corney's retirement because this "site" didn't cater to your needs.. This is a community that require people to start and add content. Everyone is encouraged to add content. 

No one has stopped you from following the team and starting your own threads. 

Just now, JCon said:

You came into this thread to whine about not knowing about Corney's retirement because this "site" didn't cater to your needs.. This is a community that require people to start and add content. Everyone is encouraged to add content. 

No one has stopped you from following the team and starting your own threads. 

Lol, OK gramps. Literally not what's happening but whatever. I honestly have no idea what you're yammering on about.

4 hours ago, yogi said:

What are you even trying to say? In what possible way is the current forum mega-thread setup better than the old way this forum (and basically every other fan forum) was managed(ie. one thread per topic)? It inhibits discussion for all but the most die hard posters who check the mega-threads a dozen times a day, prevents focused discussions  because 4-5 entirely different conversations are going on in each thread simultaneously, and makes less sensational headlines get immediately buried. There is more competition than ever competing for my online time, I struggle to find reasons to visit this site. Would be curious to see trends traffic to this site over the last couple years.

It’s not really that hard. This forum lays it out for you. Any unread info that you haven’t looked at is marked for you. Pretty easy to follow or not. Your choice.

And besides, where are you gonna get Bomber news that is relevant?

Day 6 Recap - Ed Tait

Chris Humes “I got some really good reps in last year competing at a number of spots,” said the 24-year-old product of Birmingham, AL and Arkansas State. “That slowed game down a lot for me, because coming from the States there is a little learning curve. I’m comfortable now.

“There are different concepts, playing with 12 (men), the ‘Waggle’, recognizing splits and depths. Once you get past the little hurdles you come out and make plays.”

The Bombers defence has been rotating a number of players through the secondary in the first week of camp, with Winston Rose and Chandler Fenner now getting a lot of work at corner with the ones. But Humes is still in that mix.

RB Brady Oliveira has been on the practice field for less than 10 days as a pro and the positive reviews keep pouring in for the Winnipeg product.

“He’s good. He’s really good,” said head coach Mike O’Shea. “You see how stout he is. He’s got good feet and he’s shown everybody that he’s got the speed that we were hoping and thought he might.

“He’s smart, he’s learning and he’s turning into a pro spending a lot of time making sure he’s learning the stuff that is maybe a little newer to him. He’s pretty complete. Running on the inside he can make people miss in a pretty small space for a big guy like that, for a guy of his weight, is pretty nifty to see. That’s all good. He can play the tackler a few different ways.”

Asked about the secondary, Richie Hall : “We were in a staff meeting last night and there are a lot of guys that have caught our eyes. There have been some surprises and the guys have just continued to work to get better and that’s what you want.”

Among those who stood out were DB Brandon Alexander, WR Lucky Whitehead, CB Chandler Fenner.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I am a fan of Humes.

Physical and big.

Oliveira is ripped, and he definitely has the speed and quickness. 

The exhibition game will be interesting.

Humes and Sayles... Hoping for big things. 

4 hours ago, yogi said:

Man you're slow. You're missing the point so much, it both hurts my brain and makes me laugh. Neither of the things you've brought up are being discussed by anyone but you.

I don't know where you came out from under but I live in Calgary & I didn't need separate multiple threads to know Trent Corney retired. You're just a little slow, that's all.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

This was an interesting catch up. 

I've been an idle lurker for damn near 3 months and I still knew corney retiring happened months ago.. Yogi, you missing it in the posts is on you man.

Also, wtf crawled up your ass?  Every single reply you've made in here has been completely dickish.  You've got a point to make but its lost in the way you've chosen to bring it to light..

But hey.. have you considered this little nugget??  It was the freakin' offseason! Know what's probably gonna happen now that its preseason and close to go time? More people.  More posts and quite possibly more threads!   *gasp*

Shocking, I know, that a site for a sports team might just slow down a tad over the off-season might be.. maybe relax on the BF you're pitching??