2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

Just now, JCon said:

But they have time to wade through 63 insignificant threads? 🙄

Have you never visited another forum? Each thread would be its own more focused discussion, with multiple posts inside. These 63 posts would instead go into 6 threads... it's a novel concept but I know with a lot of focus and thought you'll understand the idea at hand and be able to thoughtfully add to this discussion. 

1 minute ago, yogi said:

Have you never visited another forum? Each thread would be its own more focused discussion, with multiple posts inside. These 63 posts would instead go into 6 threads... it's a novel concept but I know with a lot of focus and thought you'll understand the idea at hand and be able to thoughtfully add to this discussion. 

This is my first day on the interweb. I didn't know that there were other pages. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The way things are done is just fine. New threads are started when info is worthy of a thread...not everything is. I believe the over-arching threads encourage people to spend more time here, which is a good thing...

It encourages a few to spend more time here certainly, but it also creates a barrier to discussion entry and encourages just as many if not more to not bother visiting or joining the discussion, which is a bad thing. 

2 minutes ago, yogi said:

It encourages a few to spend more time here certainly, but it also creates a barrier to discussion entry and encourages just as many if not more to not bother visiting or joining the discussion, which is a bad thing. 

I'll be more specific......it encourages the RIGHT people to spend more time here...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Listen, if you're not around this site regularly (by regularly, I mean at LEAST once a day...) then we're not going to sit here and cater to you and create a thread for every little thing that happens. I love the super threads....it's the only way to do things. You don't cater to the "casuals"...you cater to the die hards who are on here all day every day and follow every bit of news as it happens...

but i am here everyday.. sifting through the mega threads as i like the member posts and insight about lines/players.

Just saying i liked the way that new developments had their own threads and discussion based on it and it was easy to get into the discussion.

But thats cool if you only want the diehards as the site slowly shrinks.. :D

24 minutes ago, yogi said:

So you mean to tell me that these 21 posts below would have gone into 2-3 threads? 

Well that is just ******* batshit crazy and would NEVER work! 

We should keep all those in the bluebombermegamaincampthread- #MMBBGA!

3 hours ago, yogi said:

Trent Corney retired apparently? News to me. Impossible to track any Bomber or CFL news with the 2 mega threads for all relevant topics. Whoever thought of that for this site and enforces it needs to give their head a shake, absolutely ruined the readability of this place. 2 threads for all relevant news and discussion, but 3 dozen threads to vote on favorite players for each position? Good grief what happened to this place. Just like we migrated from OurBombers to MBB, might be time to migrate to a new platform. Blue Bombers subreddit needs to grow.

3 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Yup... I can;t disagree. 

The one thread fo all news means i have to read alot to catch up.

reddit.com/r/cfl keeps my updated quickly and easily.. I still come for the discussion.. but not news.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

The CFL community on reddit is just weird

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

And we are perfectly normal here? lol

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

If you don't like reading or "reading a lot" I don't know what to say...maybe an internet forum isn't for you.

2 hours ago, yogi said:

What are you even trying to say? In what possible way is the current forum mega-thread setup better than the old way this forum (and basically every other fan forum) was managed(ie. one thread per topic)? It inhibits discussion for all but the most die hard posters who check the mega-threads a dozen times a day, prevents focused discussions  because 4-5 entirely different conversations are going on in each thread simultaneously, and makes less sensational headlines get immediately buried. There is more competition than ever competing for my online time, I struggle to find reasons to visit this site. Would be curious to see trends traffic to this site over the last couple years.

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_x said:

I agree again.. If i don't check in a few times a day and i have something to add i'm not going to add it if its 2 pages back.. the discussion is hard to keep up. 

I read alot of internet content for work and for pleasure but the current format isn't very good for keeping up on currently developments in signings/releases/news and thus drives away people from the site.

I used OB alot more as it was easy to see on the main page the latest goings on and focused discussions.

But i also realize that its not gonna change so i go other places first and come here after.

In on click i can scan for the latest news about different clubs and then click on the links to read the stories.. OB had alot more post from media sources. 

KQbktU7.png

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I'm not sure how wading through several pages of threads about every coming and going fixes the issue? And Reddit only works for popular comments/threads. Not sure you're going to find a post about Corney retiring unless you're checking every day. 

It's the same number of posts, just organized into one relevant thread, rather than fifty.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Listen, if you're not around this site regularly (by regularly, I mean at LEAST once a day...) then we're not going to sit here and cater to you and create a thread for every little thing that happens. I love the super threads....it's the only way to do things. You don't cater to the "casuals"...you cater to the die hards who are on here all day every day and follow every bit of news as it happens...

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Sure thing- if you don't really care about a deep dive into Bomber news, the subreddit is great. 

I feel this site and ones like it, are more for the fans who want a deep dive instead of a general "skimming of surface" news. 

I am interested in minutiae  of what's happening in the one on one drills and the 12 on 12s in training camp. I want to know that Adams had to get talked down by OSH after a full blown fight in main camp. I like to be informed of the post practice practice that Matthews is holding for the newer guys. I like the crazy insight some of the posters have about the game and our team ( @Booch, I'm looking at you!). The ever consistent dissenting opinions of a few certain posters. I like the community that has been foster here and the other site, good people all with interesting things to say and differing points of view. 

It's stuff like that I feel I get more out of this site than a subreddit. 

the "online Bombers family" that was created via OB.com and now MBB, as lame as this sounds, is very very important to me.....as important as "online friends" can be.....

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I was trying to say that if you dont like it, tough ****. Instead of complaining, why not go somewhere you like? Or start one that is more in line with what you like.

I used to spend a lot of time at the forum on the bombers site. But I switched to mobile use for the most part. I didnt like the way that site works on mobile. Instead of going on there and acting like a child, I found a solution that works for me.

1 hour ago, yogi said:

why are you getting aggressive and defensive? Why not have an open discussion as there's clearly fair opinions on both sides? Who's acting like a child here exactly?

1 hour ago, CodyT said:

Just my 2 cents as an every day lurker. I would like to see the topics open up a little more and have a little more dialed in, focused, conversations 

then again I don’t feel like I ever miss out on anything, it just moves at a faster pace 

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

Have you ever thought some people don't have all day to wade through 63 insignificant posts to discuss the topic they'd like to talk about?

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

Are you saying die hard fans can't follow more than one thread at a time? Hmm, seems like you're not die hard enough.

1 hour ago, yogi said:

There's no "2019 Morning Big Blue Main Forum Topic Organization Discussion" mega-thread to talk about this in. I'm all outta ideas.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Start another thread then

1 hour ago, yogi said:

Another thread for another topic? That doesn't fly around here anymore. If you were a diehard fan you'd understand. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

My vote is for more threads. Megathreads are OK in the off-season when there isn't much going on, but get in the way once the season starts IMO.

54 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

To be fair if people want to start a new thread a subject go ahead. Its not a hard and fast rule we need large overriding threads for everything. If you feel its necessary to create a thread on a single event or transaction go ahead. 

54 minutes ago, yogi said:

I'm here frequently, but I don't have the time or patience to sift through 40 pages of Noeller and 17to85 bickering about rural Alberta radio airplay of the Tragically Hip to see small news items like this buried on page 167. If it had it's own thread I would be aware. This is the concept we're discussing here.

This site should be  a hub for Blue Bombers news and discussion, not a disorganized group chat for a small group of "diehards" who don't visit any other sites on the internet. 

49 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Is NorthernSkunk & TBurgess the black sheep of the family then?

47 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Then why are you even here?

45 minutes ago, yogi said:

To antagonize TBurgess

44 minutes ago, Noeller said:

no ******* kidding...what a couple of whiny *******. 

38 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I have thought about that. Thing is, I don't care.

35 minutes ago, yogi said:

you seem like the kinda guy who gets all his news from political facebook memes. 

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Now personally I prefer more threads as opposed to mega threads, but what ever people want.

22 minutes ago, yogi said:

The way things are done is just fine. New threads are started when info is worthy of a thread...not everything is. I believe the over-arching threads encourage people to spend more time here, which is a good thing...

Sure. but  they don't contribute when they have something to say that is pages back as the discussion is moved on.

The megathreads are like a discord chat.  once its off the screen people aren't gonna comment on it. 

Just now, Adrenaline_x said:

Sure. but  they don't contribute when they have something to say that is pages back as the discussion is moved on.

The megathreads are like a discord chat.  once its off the screen people aren't gonna comment on it. 

True, but people could ask about it. Like what happened earlier. Yogi missed the Corney news that's months old, then asked about it.

Ideally people would leave out the ***** and complaining that followed.

I honestly dont care either way. Just wish people would act, rather then complain.

51 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

The beautiful thing is there are thread titles and if you're not interested.....Don't click! 🤯

And, in what way is that different from a any post in a thread? 

I mean, do you not follow the team for f'ng months then expect everyone else to do TL;DR thread for you?? 

52 minutes ago, yogi said:

You're gonna have to break it down a bit more for JCon to understand. Maybe use pictures.

It's funny because you're the one whining about MBB not catering to you. 

Here's an idea, why don't you start a thread about Corney retiring?