2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jake Thomas @fatboiThomas is having a really strong camp. Slippery and sneaky good, the longest-tenured #Bombers player is a key cog in the true strength of their defence

The guy never gets his due and always seems like he is looking over his shoulder. The old you can never measure the heart of player.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Jake Thomas @fatboiThomas is having a really strong camp. Slippery and sneaky good, the longest-tenured #Bombers player is a key cog in the true strength of their defence

He will have a big year beside Jefferson...  Thomas is a great rotational DT - saves us a DI spot

Unless Bryant really can play DE, we probably have to 46 one of Richardson or Nevis...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Can't help but cheer for this guy.  Players told me last year that he is easily the strongest player on the team physically.  The guy doesn't have the natural ability that others do, but works his tail off.  His return last year was so key when Faith fizzled and Corney caved.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

He will have a big year beside Jefferson...  Thomas is a great rotational DT - saves us a DI spot

Unless Bryant really can play DE, we probably have to 46 one of Richardson or Nevis...

I get the impression from his interview that Richardson might accept a P.R. position, pushing a major decision down the road one year.

15 minutes ago, MC said:

y when Faith fizzled and Corney caved.

Trent Corney retired apparently? News to me. Impossible to track any Bomber or CFL news with the 2 mega threads for all relevant topics. Whoever thought of that for this site and enforces it needs to give their head a shake, absolutely ruined the readability of this place. 2 threads for all relevant news and discussion, but 3 dozen threads to vote on favorite players for each position? Good grief what happened to this place. Just like we migrated from OurBombers to MBB, might be time to migrate to a new platform. Blue Bombers subreddit needs to grow.

1 minute ago, yogi said:

Trent Corney retired apparently? News to me. Impossible to track any Bomber or CFL news with the 2 mega threads for all relevant topics. Whoever thought of that for this site and enforces it needs to give their head a shake, absolutely ruined the readability of this place. 2 threads for all relevant news and discussion, but 3 dozen threads to vote on favorite players for each position? Good grief what happened to this place. Just like we migrated from OurBombers to MBB, might be time to migrate to a new platform. Blue Bombers subreddit needs to grow.

Yup... I can;t disagree. 

The one thread fo all news means i have to read alot to catch up.

reddit.com/r/cfl keeps my updated quickly and easily.. I still come for the discussion.. but not news.

3 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

If you don't like reading or "reading a lot" I don't know what to say...maybe an internet forum isn't for you.

What are you even trying to say? In what possible way is the current forum mega-thread setup better than the old way this forum (and basically every other fan forum) was managed(ie. one thread per topic)? It inhibits discussion for all but the most die hard posters who check the mega-threads a dozen times a day, prevents focused discussions  because 4-5 entirely different conversations are going on in each thread simultaneously, and makes less sensational headlines get immediately buried. There is more competition than ever competing for my online time, I struggle to find reasons to visit this site. Would be curious to see trends traffic to this site over the last couple years.

7 minutes ago, yogi said:

What are you even trying to say? In what possible way is the current forum mega-thread setup better than the old way this forum (and basically every other fan forum) was managed(ie. one thread per topic)? It inhibits discussion for all but the most die hard posters who check the mega-threads a dozen times a day, prevents focused discussions  because 4-5 entirely different conversations are going on in each thread simultaneously, and makes less sensational headlines get immediately buried. There is more competition than ever competing for my online time, I struggle to find reasons to visit this site. Would be curious to see trends traffic to this site over the last couple years.

I agree again.. If i don't check in a few times a day and i have something to add i'm not going to add it if its 2 pages back.. the discussion is hard to keep up. 

I read alot of internet content for work and for pleasure but the current format isn't very good for keeping up on currently developments in signings/releases/news and thus drives away people from the site.

I used OB alot more as it was easy to see on the main page the latest goings on and focused discussions.

But i also realize that its not gonna change so i go other places first and come here after.

In on click i can scan for the latest news about different clubs and then click on the links to read the stories.. OB had alot more post from media sources. 

KQbktU7.png

I'm not sure how wading through several pages of threads about every coming and going fixes the issue? And Reddit only works for popular comments/threads. Not sure you're going to find a post about Corney retiring unless you're checking every day. 

It's the same number of posts, just organized into one relevant thread, rather than fifty.

Listen, if you're not around this site regularly (by regularly, I mean at LEAST once a day...) then we're not going to sit here and cater to you and create a thread for every little thing that happens. I love the super threads....it's the only way to do things. You don't cater to the "casuals"...you cater to the die hards who are on here all day every day and follow every bit of news as it happens...

1 hour ago, yogi said:

Sure thing- if you don't really care about a deep dive into Bomber news, the subreddit is great. 

I feel this site and ones like it, are more for the fans who want a deep dive instead of a general "skimming of surface" news. 

I am interested in minutiae  of what's happening in the one on one drills and the 12 on 12s in training camp. I want to know that Adams had to get talked down by OSH after a full blown fight in main camp. I like to be informed of the post practice practice that Matthews is holding for the newer guys. I like the crazy insight some of the posters have about the game and our team ( @Booch, I'm looking at you!). The ever consistent dissenting opinions of a few certain posters. I like the community that has been foster here and the other site, good people all with interesting things to say and differing points of view. 

It's stuff like that I feel I get more out of this site than a subreddit. 

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Sure thing- if you don't really care about a deep dive into Bomber news, the subreddit is great. 

I feel this site and ones like it, are more for the fans who want a deep dive instead of a general "skimming of surface" news. 

I am interested in minutiae  of what's happening in the one on one drills and the 12 on 12s in training camp. I want to know that Adams had to get talked down by OSH after a full blown fight in main camp. I like to be informed of the post practice practice that Matthews is holding for the newer guys. I like the crazy insight some of the posters have about the game and our team ( @Booch, I'm looking at you!). The ever consistent dissenting opinions of a few certain posters. I like the community that has been foster here and the other site, good people all with interesting things to say and differing points of view. 

It's stuff like that I feel I get more out of this site than a subreddit. 

the "online Bombers family" that was created via OB.com and now MBB, as lame as this sounds, is very very important to me.....as important as "online friends" can be.....

35 minutes ago, yogi said:

I was trying to say that if you dont like it, tough ****. Instead of complaining, why not go somewhere you like? Or start one that is more in line with what you like.

I used to spend a lot of time at the forum on the bombers site. But I switched to mobile use for the most part. I didnt like the way that site works on mobile. Instead of going on there and acting like a child, I found a solution that works for me.

Also, to get back on track. Corney has not officially retired as far as I know. One of his last Instagram posts mentioned he was putting football on hold for now, to focus on fitness. Seems like he is interested in getting into that industry. 

And just to clarify, this isnt at all "new" news about him. It was mentioned before the new year that he might be moving away from football. So this **** would've been buried either way.

Edited by Bigblue204

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I was trying to say that if you dont like it, tough ****. Instead of complaining, why not go somewhere you like? Or start one that is more in line with what you like.

I used to spend a lot of time at the forum on the bombers site. But I switched to mobile use for the most part. I didnt like the way that site works on mobile. Instead of going on there and acting like a child, I found a solution that works for me.

why are you getting aggressive and defensive? Why not have an open discussion as there's clearly fair opinions on both sides? Who's acting like a child here exactly?

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Also, to get back on track. Corney has not officially retired as far as I know. One of his last Instagram posts mentioned he was putting football on hold for now, to focus on fitness. Seems like he is interested in getting into that industry. 

And just to clarify, this isnt at all "new" news about him. It was mentioned before the new year that he might be moving away from football. So this **** would've been buried either way.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4941061/winnipeg-blue-bombers-still-talking-with-sukh-chungh-but-taylor-loffler-to-explore-the-open-market/

Defensive lineman Trent Corney has also worn the blue and gold for the last time. According to Walters, the 25-year-old has decided to retire after he missed all but three games last season with an injury.

Did you miss this news somehow?

Just my 2 cents as an every day lurker. I would like to see the topics open up a little more and have a little more dialed in, focused, conversations 

then again I don’t feel like I ever miss out on anything, it just moves at a faster pace