2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Day 5 Recap

It took Jackson Jeffcoat roughly, oh, a nanosecond to appreciate what the addition of Willie Jefferson would mean not only to the Bombers D-line, but helping with his game, too.

More good words about Richardson. And Jefferson and Mathews, and their leadership.

Among those standing out on Thursday were WR Rashaun Simonise, S Derek Jones, DE Craig Roh, DE Patrick Choudja, CB Chandler Fenner, WR Kenny Lawler… 

DB Alex Rios had to leave practice after being drilled by RB Brady Oliveira.

LS Chad Rempel was back on the field, after being heavily involved in collective bargaining agreement talks as a key figure in the CFL Players’ Association. “It can be contentious and challenging. But I think, most importantly, both sides wanted to get a deal done and we truly feel like this is a partnership moving forward. We’ve worked through it and everybody’s happy. It’s a fair deal for everyone.”

Day 5 Recap

It took Jackson Jeffcoat roughly, oh, a nanosecond to appreciate what the addition of Willie Jefferson would mean not only to the Bombers D-line, but helping with his game, too.

More good words about Richardson. And Jefferson and Mathews, and their leadership.

Among those standing out on Thursday were WR Rashaun Simonise, S Derek Jones, DE Craig Roh, DE Patrick Choudja, CB Chandler Fenner, WR Kenny Lawler… 

LS Chad Rempel was back on the field, after being heavily involved in collective bargaining agreement talks as a key figure in the CFL Players’ Association. “It can be contentious and challenging. But I think, most importantly, both sides wanted to get a deal done and we truly feel like this is a partnership moving forward. We’ve worked through it and everybody’s happy. It’s a fair deal for everyone.”

Day 5 Recap

Nice report, nice report, nice report.....

13 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Day 5 Recap

Good to see Simonise making a move to show his potential and place himself in contention for a starting role. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Good to see Simonise making a move to show his potential and place himself in contention for a starting role. 

He looked pretty good when I saw him at camp earlier in the week.  He looked very fast & smooth when he was running his routes.  What really stood out to me was when they were doing ST drills, I don't remember seeing anyone who was able to block him.  I'm expecting a much bigger impact from hm this season.

21 hours ago, MC said:

Every home team should win their preseason game in the CFL.  The traveling team is going to leave their starters at home.  I remember the year with Kelly when he put the 1's back in in the 4th quarter and we still lost to the opposition's 3's and 4's.  That is when you know it is going to be a long year.

I still have nightmares of the infamous Tim Burke pre-season game against Hamilton... I was hoping to have repressed that by now...

19 hours ago, Noeller said:

Now, I'll always be the first to say I don't know enough about football to know, so I defer to the coaches who know about these things, but I'm trying to figure out why Hecht is here if he's as bad as people are saying....

Sounds like you don't know what the Hecht you're talking about...

31 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He runs tough too.

It is tough I just don't know where he fits outside the PR and I'm not sure he would accept it.

Its gonna be tough. Between Nelson, lucky and santiago 2 guys will probably remain. 1 on the active roster and 1 on the PR/IR. Nelson and Santiago are soo young Id love to see them stick around and in camp again next year no matter what happens. Its nice to have a variety of dynamic, quick, versatile return guys in camp this year. I fully believe all 3 are talented to the point they should be in the cfl. 

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Its gonna be tough. Between Nelson, lucky and santiago 2 guys will probably remain. 1 on the active roster and 1 on the PR/IR. Nelson and Santiago are soo young Id love to see them stick around and in camp again next year no matter what happens. Its nice to have a variety of dynamic, quick, versatile return guys in camp this year. I fully believe all 3 are talented to the point they should be in the cfl. 

I'm cheering for Santiago, he's built for the CFL game, can juke and jive with the best of them yet has the power to break tackles and make his own holes.  Plus he's a regional player, which should be taken into consideration as an advantage when it comes to contract renewal.

6 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Easement?  Doesn't that have something to do with property law?

I actually looked it up because it was really bothering me, too......turns out it can also mean "to ease into", according to dictionary.com. Still, he could have worded that very differently.....I hate it.

Replying to
Adams and O’Shea have a chat as the receiver steps away from team session 12-on-12s. Appears a little hot. Replaced by Rashaun Simonise. It’s finally beginning to feel like football. #Bombers #CFLTC