2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

53 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

The game is at home so they absolutely will.

I expect we will see a mix of starters and incumbents for the first half of the game. Mos generally put them in and then lets them work till they feel comfortable than when they are ready pulls em. 

Kenny Lawler with a spectacular one-handed grab in a throw from Matt Nichols late in today’s #Bombers TC workout. #WFP

Kenny Lawler makes sensational one handed catch at Bomber practice. Best catch of camp so far.
Edited by Noeller

Just now, Geebrr said:

I bet most projected starters stay home for game 2

A good chunk yeah. Some guys working in different spots could draw in for the second game. IE woli at sb in the second game, maybe some of the dbs shifting around. Maybe gray plays guard in the first game and gets some tackle reps in game 2. I could see a lot of the DL coming for game 2 as well. Both dt and de are soo deep and gonna be soo hard for mos et al to choose. The more reps the better imo. 

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Maybe the 1s won't be playing at all in the first game.

Hopefully not- we have a good idea of what they bring to the table. I would much rather the coaching staff get a look at the newbies when the bullets fly.

The 1s can get more time in the last pre-season game. I would be happy with them getting to knock the rust off that way.

Every home team should win their preseason game in the CFL.  The traveling team is going to leave their starters at home.  I remember the year with Kelly when he put the 1's back in in the 4th quarter and we still lost to the opposition's 3's and 4's.  That is when you know it is going to be a long year.

Just now, MC said:

Every home team should win their preseason game in the CFL.  The traveling team is going to leave their starters at home.  I remember the year with Kelly when he put the 1's back in in the 4th quarter and we still lost to the opposition's 3's and 4's.  That is when you know it is going to be a long year.

Kelly was a nut. But there is some value in that type of strategy. If you start your 2s against the other teams 1s, you get a great individual understanding of how they stack up. This can make you look worse for qbs and a few more co-dependant positions, but for film eval it can be good. Likewise for chemistry and easing guys into it having your starters roll over some team 2/3/4 guys has a bit of value. Say in our case with the amount of OL roll over we could possibly have, having them play against depth guys would be an easier way to start chemistry building in a live fire situation. 

You used to see it some down south with inter-squad scrimmages. It isnt the traditional tactic but it is viable imo.

That said, kelly was a nut and imo that wasnt what he was doing. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Today’s #Bombers starting secondary: B-CB: Fenner B-HB: Sayles FS: Hecht Nickel: Gaitor F-HB: Alexander F-CB: Rose Kyrie Wilson receiving all the first-team reps at Weak-side LB. #CFL

So who's at SAM?

Really not excited about the amount of reps Hecht is getting with first team...  he is a huge step back from Loffler...

19 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not sure Hecht is a HUGE drop off from Loffler, certainly is a bit. But he plays a similar style, which is what bothers me more. I was hoping to see a Safety that would be more involved with coverage rather then run help. But it's still TC and I'm sure we will see both guys on the field a lot depending on the situation.

Hecht is Loffler without the height, literally 7" shorter, I can't recall which late season game he played in but he looked brutal defending against taller receivers.  Does this D really need an Achilles heel?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Hecht is Loffler without the height, literally 7" shorter, I can't recall which late season game he played in but he looked brutal defending against taller receivers.  

I believe it was Calgary...? I could be wrong. I do know he did get an interception. Which was more of a gift than a great play, but still...it's something lol