2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

19 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Anyone have any idea if they are just resting Harris and Neuf or if there is some type of injury problem?

FWIW, Harris was on the field helping out yesterday (holding pads etc).  I didn't see Neuf at all but to be fair, when I was watching the OL, I was more focused on Eli & Desjarlais so he could have been hanging around somewhere.

27 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Anyone have any idea if they are just resting Harris and Neuf or if there is some type of injury problem?

It was suggested on day 1 that Harris has some sort of minor injury but nothing long term.

Neufeld and Rempel had time off due to being involved with CBA negotiations and since both are still away, I don't think there is any injury there... just CBA stuff.

I don't mind listening to 1290 in the morning ,  I find Toth to be super entertaining.     The afternoon guys are a bit meh to me,   Ralph is absolutely terrible and misfires on a lot of his "jokes".      Bauming is decent but a bit to much of a homer. 

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't mind listening to 1290 in the morning ,  I find Toth to be super entertaining.     The afternoon guys are a bit meh to me,   Ralph is absolutely terrible and misfires on a lot of his "jokes".      Bauming is decent but a bit to much of a homer. 

:63_astonished:

22 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Richardson and brandin bryant up the middle would be an insane mix of athleticism and speed in side. This is the big difference in modern athletes imo. The fast guys are way stronger and the big guys are way faster then they used to be. 

Richardson is quick but kind of short. Certainly would never get a look at nose tackle in the NFL. Good luck for the Bombers. I got really smiley watching this highlight film but as always remember there is a big gap from even big time college to pro level. I think some of the centers this guy beat were still pulling up when Richardson was passing by. oops I commented too soon. Others already noted Richardson's size. 

Edited by Fan Boy
oopsies

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but I saw a Bauming tweet that Jeff Hecht, not Derek Jones, has been taking all the snaps at S with the 1s this week....

*edit*

Today it’s Charles Nelson getting the shoulder tap to begin team session with the first-team O. The last couple days it’s been Rasheed Bailey. Jeff Hecht — and not Derek Jones — has been the first-team safety through the first four days. #Bombers
Edited by Noeller

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Reminds me of Jerome Haywood. Same height.

Iirc wasnt he listed at 5'9 and like 350? Human bowling ball for sure. 

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

Richardson is quick but kind of short. Certainly would never get a look at nose tackle in the NFL. Good luck for the Bombers. I got really smiley watching this highlight film but as always remember there is a big gap from even big time college to pro level. I think some of the centers this guy beat were still pulling up when Richardson was passing by. oops I commented too soon. Others already noted Richardson's size. 

Yeah you could have played a couple guys from the first 3 rounds of the NFL draft down to guys brought in off the street to play in a pinch who wouldn't cut it in d2. It's a huge jump to the pros. Size and athleticism alone can dominate in college. At the pro level you need the technique and consistancy plus you go from one of the best big athletes in the league to maybe one of the better big athletes on the field that day. 

If he can take the next step like branding Bryant was showing look out. I would love to see a dl with Richardson branding Bryant Jeffcoat and Jefferson on the field at the same time. Even in the pre season. That level of size and athleticism acoss the dl would be insane. 

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Sounds like the fine art of snapping the football will be a major consideration in determining who wins the job at center, as it should be.  From earlier reports it sounded like Eli was not producing consistent snaps, so it may take him awhile to improve that skill.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/22/coach-oshea-may-22/

Couture will start for sure but I think Eli will be our 6th OL and we his desjarlais somewhere