2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

6 minutes ago, Mark F said:

This guy looks NFL level good on that highlight video. bulldozing people, and quick. and high energy.

five foot eleven.  their loss our gain.

Yep. Just like bighill. talent > height. Love DTs who can collapse the pocket and flush the qb. This D line is gonna be some thing else to watch. 

Just now, Mark F said:

This Defence is gonna be something to watch. Holy crap.

Yeah the only spot that really needs sorting is Wil. And playing next to bighill its a gift job for one lucky Lber. I wouldnt mind seeing mccalister get some wil reps actually. Or generally rotate the extra DEs through as a jack spot instead of sending bighill who is soo much more valuable over the middle. 

26 minutes ago, Goalie said:

2 big for CFL LB. 

Kyrie Wilson looked good in the playoffs. He will be fine

I think hes closer to ending up a DT then a olb, but yeah any of the ends could rush from a jack spot. Being NI only makes it easier to get him on the roster and use him in a package. 

I like mccalister in that role as he isnt as big as the other des. 6'6 240. Its also a handy use for getting young guys into good positions to make plays. The adjustment to the yard off the ball isnt easy for most guys. And imo, the cfl targets more athletic smaller tackles that can really move more then the nfl. 

Edited by wbbfan

Yeah from watching Richardson it didnt matter who he lined across..he just drive through them..always had guys back peddling

And combine him with Bryant..who looks like a besst and is uber explosive and either oir ends are gonna be free all game..or if the Ol focus on them then the middle is gonna collapse..

Nevis too this yr looks more explosive and faster..and he is a bull too.

Standouts at receiver today for me were Rasheed Bailey and Corey Washington. Fast, sharp route-runners with excellent hands who get the waggle. Wolitarski caught everything I saw thrown his way - and so did Petermann. Simonise is smooth and very, very quick, he looks like his head is in it. He dropped one short out pattern that was right in his mitts but then Darvin Adams dropped x3.  Darvin then redeemed himself with a contested TD catch that he snatched away violently (I did not catch the number of the defender who got hornswoggled on that one). Marcus Sayles can really motor and, as others said, Winston Rose and Derek Jones close unbelievably fast on the ball.  Gaitor and Fenner both looked good. Sayles might have got a bit of an ouch but it doesn't look like anything an ice bath won't fix. Agree with what others said about Oliveira and Augustine. Both hit the hole really fast, straight downhill. Oliviera got around the end on one play though, running free and clear, on a sweep of all things - you can do that if you're an Oak Park Raider but it doesn't happen often at this level because the defenders are so quick. I heard some grumbling about Nichols from fans behind me in the stands after he missed a couple of 15 yd outs -  but he does look to be in the best physical shape I've seen him in since he arrived in Winnipeg.  He was rolling out and running a bit more than I've seen in the past. Could that be a new wrinkle in the playbook to accommodate .... Streveler, who missed one or two tosses as well - overthrows where, who knows, it could have been the receiver who messed up.  Both QB1 and QB2 were sharp with the short pass, and like others have said the playbook looks to be almost fully installed. The new QB #12 Sean McGuire looks still to be adjusting to the passing lanes on the wider field. He hit the shorter passes but the long balls were way off the mark. It's still early but he doesn't look to be ready to unseat Bennett at the #3 QB at this stage. Lucky Whitehead can catch the football - he made a couple of nice catches in the receiver spot - but what caught my eye was on the returns - he is lightning quick - wow. Honest to God there were a whole lot of bodies out there in uniform. I think we are going to win the Grey Cup.

Edited by Doublezero

19 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Just hearing and reading reports I can see the Bomber Brass reflecting our our ratio..real hard. Those DL guys are forcing the issue. Not to mention Foketi. They’ll be thinking of tweaking the National lineup a lot in the upcoming days. It must be nice to have choices..

3OL, 2REC, 1RB & 1FS

If we start safety as our import..no need to "have" to have the extra national dlineman on roster.. we can go all import with import backup..have one national dlineman on the game day..which will eventually be Kongbo

Ideally be nice when he healthy to DI either Richardson (if he is the real deal) or Nevis in place of Roh and have Kongbo as the rotational National end. Also Bryant can play end too believe it or not so we would be pretty set there.

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

If we start safety as our import..no need to "have" to have the extra national dlineman on roster.. we can go all import with import backup..have one national dlineman on the game day..which will eventually be Kongbo

Ideally be nice when he healthy to DI either Richardson (if he is the real deal) or Nevis in place of Roh and have Kongbo as the rotational National end. Also Bryant can play end too believe it or not so we would be pretty set there.

Richardson look like he could displace Nevis?

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Thanks to everybody who contributed reports.

On a side note and the Print media wonders why it is dying.

I’m actually really shocked that 3down or The Sun doesn’t have a live blog from TCs - CFL would be wise to invest in that as the most people (friends and relatives of players) would be exposed to the league

13 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Thanks to everybody who contributed reports.

On a side note and the Print media wonders why it is dying.

QFT x2

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I’m actually really shocked that 3down or The Sun doesn’t have a live blog from TCs - CFL would be wise to invest in that as the most people (friends and relatives of players) would be exposed to the league

Itd be cool if 1290 /cjob had a podcast that was done at the TC where they talk about the goings on of they day, players etc.