2019 Main Training Camp

Mr Dee

In regards to rallying the team... last season it was night and day different between Streveler and Nichols.  Nichols had moments but the offense fell into deep lulls with him being scared to make quick reads and doing a lot of safe dump offs.  

Streveler got the guys going big time,  with his legs and with his quick strikes the team from a fans view looked way more energized and enthusiastic once he was in the game. 

Two seasons ago the guys rallied behind Nichols but last season  not so much.  It also didn't help that he sounded more whiny last season blaming everything else aside from his own poor play. 

I'm hoping this season it is not a repeat.  

18 minutes ago, Albertabomberguy said:

I was at practice and was blown away but lucky whiteheads quickness.  It will be a wicked battle for the returner spot.  Maxx Forde came over and chatted with us and couldn’t stop raving about the city and the organization.  There will be some really really tough cuts with this team.  One of the vets even joked with us that teams like sask and bc will be patiently waiting to pick through our cuts and sign them.

Saskatchewan does that for every team's cuts. 

33 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not sure where to out this but I thought some would like to give it a read.... 

https://lastwordoncanadianfootball.com/2019/05/20/winnipeg-blue-bombers-2019-training-camp-questions/

I did give a read and he certainly goes to on to point out the flaws in the Bomber roster. He throws a damp towel over the Bomber enthusiasm. 

In my opinion, where he doesn’t merit too much attention is he does not balance the losses with the gains. This Bomber team, especially with the key additions, is strong with several 2nd year (and more) who have been on this team and who know the system. They’re good players. 

So, it’s his opinion..and he’s welcome to it, and that’s where it ends.

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I did give a read and he certainly goes to on to point out the flaws in the Bomber roster. He throws a damp towel over the Bomber enthusiasm. 

In my opinion, where he doesn’t merit too much attention is he does not balance the losses with the gains. This Bomber team, especially with the key additions, is strong with several 2nd year (and more) who have been on this team and who know the system. They’re good players. 

So, it’s his opinion..and he’s welcome to it, and that’s where it ends.

Especially funny when you look at the Argonaut 'powerhouse' offence analysis...

https://lastwordoncanadianfootball.com/2019/05/10/argos-offence-mean-business-2019/

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Not sure where to out this but I thought some would like to give it a read.... 

https://lastwordoncanadianfootball.com/2019/05/20/winnipeg-blue-bombers-2019-training-camp-questions/

Aside from Goossen, Taylor Loffler was the biggest loss Winnipeg underwent in the off-season.

LOL. can't take it seriously when Loffler is a bigger loss than Chung. 

Where Winnipeg is ahead of a lot of teams and will(should) be key early on is that with our continuity on both sides of ball we are already installing things above and beyond the basic stuff and the guys have already have the playbooks mastered more or less..especially on offence.. so we should hit field game 1 actually continuing on from last year

I think we're all amazed at the fact Taylor Loffler has lived off his reputation of 2016. I think he was among the worst starting safeties in the CFL last season yet he was given the All Star nod. With free agency, every team has holes to fill. We're fortunate to only have a few. I'm confident that we'll be just fine. Better than fine.

Its a bit much jumping on Loffler...  he was exactly what we needed when we didn't have a legit MLB...

Bighill made his style of S redundant and he had to change his game - in the second half of the season, he was still very good

And Mike Edem was the worst starting safety in the league... followed closely by Anthony Thompson

49 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Its a bit much jumping on Loffler...  he was exactly what we needed when we didn't have a legit MLB...

Bighill made his style of S redundant and he had to change his game - in the second half of the season, he was still very good

And Mike Edem was the worst starting safety in the league... followed closely by Anthony Thompson

We'll see how he does in Montreal.  How he does this season may give us an idea of his ultimate longevity in the CFL.