Rookie Camp Discussion

Jpan85

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed- goes a long way into fostering a tight locker room.

For sure. Until the deal is ratified, a QB, with a roster spot locked up, showing solidarity should be expected. Further to that, why risk injury at this point. I am sure that we will see both before the end of rookie camp when the coaches need some better throws to really separate the wheat from the chaff.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC

Watching OL vs DL at #Bombers rookie camp and was impressed with the club’s draft picks - DT Connor Griffiths has a good motor, OL Drew Desjarlais is solid and C Asotui Eli flattened a rusher on one pla

Wonder if Gray is participating?

23 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Ed Tait‏ @EdTaitWFC

Watching OL vs DL at #Bombers rookie camp and was impressed with the club’s draft picks - DT Connor Griffiths has a good motor, OL Drew Desjarlais is solid and C Asotui Eli flattened a rusher on one play

Me Like 

me too...sounds like he may be in football playing shape....I wouldn't be shocked if he is 100 percent in game playing weight and conditin he brabs the starting center gig..especially with having experience with Tackle to boot

14 minutes ago, Booch said:

me too...sounds like he may be in football playing shape....I wouldn't be shocked if he is 100 percent in game playing weight and conditin he brabs the starting center gig..especially with having experience with Tackle to boot

I was very curious about this guy- I am so stoked we got him, so much potential from reports before his injury.

20 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

He was the top ranked CFL prospect at the point of his decision to "retire" and was on many NFL teams radar as a draft pick. If he can come back he is the steal of the draft.

He was one of the top ranked centers in the NCAA..and a 3 year starter with phenomenal game tape..and a sure draft pick in the NFL..prob well before the 5th round too.

My only concern was if he needed to get back his 300 + pound football weight..and not be 300 pound not football weight..but what I hear..he is in football form..the injury being 2 yrs into healing and rehab will be a non issue..he was the draft coup 

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Can you imagine if Eli is as good as they say he COULD be, amd we got him with a flyer in the 4th Round.......?? 

Not really a flyer when you have the inside info that he wants to play. Other teams are probably kicking themselves right now for not checking in on him.

Edited by gcn11

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

He was one of the top ranked centers in the NCAA..and a 3 year starter with phenomenal game tape..and a sure draft pick in the NFL..prob well before the 5th round too.

My only concern was if he needed to get back his 300 + pound football weight..and not be 300 pound not football weight..but what I hear..he is in football form..the injury being 2 yrs into healing and rehab will be a non issue..he was the draft coup 

When did the injury actually occur? Tried using my Google machine to find out, but the first reports of him missing the 2018 season are from last August...

22 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Most are too busy chatting with each other or looking at their phones.

yeah training camp seems like mostly an excuse for the reporters to catch up after the offseason.

Bauming and Tait seem like the only guys who looks like they're working for the most part.