Rookie Camp Discussion

Jpan85

Wednesday, May 15 – ROOKIE CAMP (on field beside SUBWAY Soccer South)
Practice: 3:00 P.m. – 4:55 p.m.
Cameras can record practice from 3:20 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Players and Head Coach Mike O’Shea available following practice. 

Thursday, May 16 – ROOKIE CAMP (on field beside SUBWAY Soccer South)
Practice: 10:20 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Cameras can record practice from 10:20 a.m.-11:10 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.

Friday, May 17 – ROOKIE CAMP (on field beside SUBWAY Soccer South)
Practice: 10:20 a.m. – 11:55 a.m.
Cameras can record practice from 10:20 a.m.-10:55 a.m.

I know it’s still early and reports may be on the way but it’s been an issue in years past. It drives me nuts how little content we get about Bomber camps from the Winnipeg media. I’d even take some tweets about who made a nice play or two. Why are these reporters at camp if they aren’t going to write anything beyond sappy human interest stories?

8 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I know it’s still early and reports may be on the way but it’s been an issue in years past. It drives me nuts how little content we get about Bomber camps from the Winnipeg media. I’d even take some tweets about who made a nice play or two. Why are these reporters at camp if they aren’t going to write anything beyond sappy human interest stories?

Most are too busy chatting with each other or looking at their phones.

Ted Wyman @Ted_Wyman 2h2 hours ago

With tentative CBA between #CFL and #CFLPA not yet ratified, it would appear QBs Matt Nichols and Chris Streveler made a choice not to participate in today's rookie camp session. Bryan Bennett chose to participate. #Bombers

No Matt Nichols or Chris Streveler at #Bombers rookie camp today. Veteran Bryan Bennett will participate along with Kevin Anderson, Sean McGuire and Sawyer Buettner. #CFL

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Ted Wyman @Ted_Wyman 2h2 hours ago

With tentative CBA between #CFL and #CFLPA not yet ratified, it would appear QBs Matt Nichols and Chris Streveler made a choice not to participate in today's rookie camp session. Bryan Bennett chose to participate. #Bombers

No Matt Nichols or Chris Streveler at #Bombers rookie camp today. Veteran Bryan Bennett will participate along with Kevin Anderson, Sean McGuire and Sawyer Buettner. #CFL

Not impressed by these two

Brian Bennett

“I needed to be out here and compete and do what I need to do,” said Bennett, who will get a challenge for his job from rookies Kevin Anderson and Sean McGuire. Both were on the field Wednesday.

“We all realize that last year Matt and Chris had bigger roles than I did and for me I’m still battling every day. There’s reps out there that I don’t think I could afford to miss.

“I had to think about it and make sure that it was the right decision for having my teammates backs. I talked to my teammates and they were in full support of my being here.”

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/tentative-cba-deal-allows-for-joyous-opening-of-rookie-camp-for-bombers#click=https://t.co/6Px0cVUc0b