Players You're Excited To See

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Wonder what the record is for more punt yards in a season...

Bob Cameron holds the record for most attempts (188) and most total punting yards (8,214), both records were set during the 1988 season. This is according to the official 2017 CFL record book, as the 2018 one hasn't been released yet.

On 2019-05-17 at 12:20 PM, Eternal optimist said:

Bob Cameron holds the record for most attempts (188) and most total punting yards (8,214), both records were set during the 1988 season. This is according to the official 2017 CFL record book, as the 2018 one hasn't been released yet.

And then he won Most Valuable Canadian in the Grey Cup 

No surprise here but I am going to be watching to see which QB wants to be the leader of the team.  Does Big Chris emerge and create an amazing story line for the season,  or does Matt create the story line an take total ownership of the direction of the team ....... that and I hope none of the QB's need to rely on dumping the ball off too much to Harris and they end up wearing him out prematurely...

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

No surprise here but I am going to be watching to see which QB wants to be the leader of the team.  Does Big Chris emerge and create an amazing story line for the season,  or does Matt create the story line an take total ownership of the direction of the team ....... that and I hope none of the QB's need to rely on dumping the ball off too much to Harris and they end up wearing him out prematurely...

I have to believe that sooner or later we will start to see a decline in A.H's abilities and perhaps it begins to happen this year.  It could show up in reduced touches in an effort to better balance the O.  or through more games lost to injuries,  but inevitably it's going to happen as he can't be expected to perform at super-human levels forever.  The timing of his decline would be quite manageable this year with Augustine and Oliveira in place to back him up, transitioning to eventually replace him in a couple of years.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

37 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I have to believe that sooner or later we will start to see a decline in A.H's abilities and perhaps it begins to happen this year.  It could show up in reduced touches in an effort to better balance the O.  or through more games lost to injuries,  but inevitably it's going to happen as he can't be expected to perform at super-human levels forever.  The timing of his decline would be quite manageable this year with Augustine and Oliveira in place to back him up, transitioning to eventually replace him in a couple of years.

Not a lot of evidence of a slow down after last year's performance...

36 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Agreed. Two-back set might be good. Fewer runs up the gut. More short swing passes.

On 2019-05-17 at 1:20 PM, Eternal optimist said:

Yes, interesting isn't it! We had a bad offense that year, led by Sean Salisbury, and yet we won the Grey Cup with a lights out defense.

If we are a top 3 team in each category this year (offense, defense, special teams), which I think is quite attainable, we will be very successful (so says Captain Obvious).

10 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I said the same thing last year -- after all the hard miles he ran in 2017, and him being on the wrong side of 30, I was sure that in 2018 he'd start aging out of being an every-down back. But damned if he wasn't trucking even harder in 2018!

Edited by johnzo

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I think having Matthews and Adams being downfield threats now will open up the passing game some more and we will see the # of touches for Harris go down. And hopefully our points for go up too,

6 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I think having Matthews and Adams being downfield threats now will open up the passing game some more and we will see the # of touches for Harris go down. And hopefully our points for go up too,

Isn't Adams taking Dresslers spot at SB now? I'd assume Matthews and Wolly will be the guys going down field this season?

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Isn't Adams taking Dresslers spot at SB now? I'd assume Matthews and Wolly will be the guys going down field this season?

I hope not. I'd rather see someone who can take a beating. Adams is the man, don't get me wrong. But he's not durable. He's better playing most of his time outside.