Players You're Excited To See

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I think a more aggressive gameplan and we would have lost the game worse.  We had a couple opportunities which were simply missed passes by Nichols and Streveler which could have won the game.     

Im hoping that Nichols will be back to 2017 form this season or we switch to Streveler and let him work through some growing pains for long term benefit. 

I also don’t expect us to face defenses this year in Calgary and Sask that were as dominant as last season so that’s going to be a factor as well.

You are wrong. Stamps missed passes for big plays too, that happens in a game. The problem for the Bombers is that they didn't try to make enough plays. Too reliant on Harris and safe passes when the Stamps were all over it. Calgary on the other hand attacked the Bombers D, who held on tremendously hut eventually broke after the offense failed to give them any support. 

The D played well enough to win that game, the offense hung them out to dry. We have the players on offense to take it to teams, we have seen them do it a lot the last couple years, but lapo won't let the horses run often enough.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You are wrong. Stamps missed passes for big plays too, that happens in a game. The problem for the Bombers is that they didn't try to make enough plays. Too reliant on Harris and safe passes when the Stamps were all over it. Calgary on the other hand attacked the Bombers D, who held on tremendously hut eventually broke after the offense failed to give them any support. 

The D played well enough to win that game, the offense hung them out to dry. We have the players on offense to take it to teams, we have seen them do it a lot the last couple years, but lapo won't let the horses run often enough.

Lapos career as OC right there. 

9 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh ****. that is awesome- I was hoping that guy would play. 

He was injured correct? Wasn't sure if he was going to continue with football? That guy?

Yeah, he missed all of the 2018 season and then left the team (he could have red-shirted to get a year of eligibility back) so people thought he was done with football.

From the sounds of it, the guy turned into a ghost (Hodge says scouts were even asking him if he had any contact info because they couldn't reach him).  McManus has a family connection to him through his in-laws though so the team was able to keep in touch with him.  He got the itch to play again and here we are!

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yeah, he missed all of the 2018 season and then left the team (he could have red-shirted to get a year of eligibility back) so people thought he was done with football.

From the sounds of it, the guy turned into a ghost (Hodge says scouts were even asking him if he had any contact info because they couldn't reach him).  McManus has a family connection to him through his in-laws though so the team was able to keep in touch with him.  He got the itch to play again and here we are!

Maybe McManus & the Bombers has anything to do with it ? 😀

Conspiracy !!!

Edited by M.O.A.B.

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Thanks Jay.

50 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Who am I excited to see...

Am I allowed to say Bighill??... I know we watched him be the best defensive player in the league last year... MLB has always been my favourite position to watch... and I'm so excited to see him play again!

There's no competition there though. Boring. 😅

This is a lazy answer but I'm gonna say I am pumped to see Andrew Harris back on the field. The dude is just such a joy to watch.

Remember in that win against Calgary, when he took a 1-yard toss from Nichols, straightarmed the first tackler, got to the outside, spun away from yet another tackler, and powered to a first down on a play that looked like an easy sack? 

It's around 1:15 of https://www.cfl.ca/2018/10/27/recap-winnipeg-29-calgary-21/

You would think if he has gotten no mini camp offers or free agent deal to attend main camp in the NFL that he'd have signed in Canada by now.

Maybe he just was waiting for the CBA and now will resurface shortly by signing with a team up here.

Hopefully with us as we would have nice ratio flex