Players You're Excited To See

50 minutes ago, MC said:

I am looking forward to seeing what happens with the oline.  If we start the season with Foketi at guard, it would be a major fail.  We need at least 3 starting NI's on the line, and ideally would have a 4th.  I still haven't given up that Gray could be a starting RT.

The 1990's Offensive coordinator just called, he wants his strategy back.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

From what the coaches and other football experts say Foketi would easily be starting for almost any other team in the league.   He's the real deal.  

Haven't seen anything of the sort from him in his stints. But he has been around soo long as a back up if hes ever gonna be ready itll be this year and they mustve kept an Imp ol around that long for a reason. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Haven't seen anything of the sort from him in his stints. But he has been around soo long as a back up if hes ever gonna be ready itll be this year and they mustve kept an Imp ol around that long for a reason. 

Every single time he's had to go in, we've never noticed a drop off in play, and as the poster mentioned, there've been several reports that he's good enough to start anywhere else, and is only a back-up because Hardrick is that good...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Every single time he's had to go in, we've never noticed a drop off in play, and as the poster mentioned, there've been several reports that he's good enough to start anywhere else, and is only a back-up because Hardrick is that good...

He was in at guard in 16 a bit and didn't look good. He is more of a tackle, which is odd but does happen some times. It is hard to not only play up to the level of a Hardrick but also to slot in on short notice without much possibility of keeping that job. 

Hardrick also struggled at guard actually. Bond coming in at guard and Hardrick going to tackle was huge for our OL. 

Some guys have used height to great advantage. But in general ive always felt that being a lot taller makes it far harder to maintain good leverage, and easier for the other guy to get it. Especially on the inside of the line. 

Yeah being able to keep Foketti this long is amazing...must speak volumes to the locker room..culture and staff

Player I am anxious to see is Alex Mcalister..the DE outta Florida..if his head is in the right space again he is a dark horse to make the roster..was actually discussion of shock when he was let go in NFL..he's a first round talent..

5 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah being able to keep Foketti this long is amazing...must speak volumes to the locker room..culture and staff

Player I am anxious to see is Alex Mcalister..the DE outta Florida..if his head is in the right space again he is a dark horse to make the roster..was actually discussion of shock when he was let go in NFL..he's a first round talent..

Had great numbers at the NFL combine

On 2019-05-06 at 11:11 AM, Mr Dee said:

It’s nice to say we have a good stable of QBs..

It’s another thing for it to be true.

Limited. That’s the word I would use.

Nichols has limited abilities. Streveler is limited by the offence presented him, and he is still a newbie. And LaPo is limited by his own unwillingness to change his game planning, especially during a game.

Can we win with these guys? Certainly. 

Nichols has proved it. Streveler still looks like he has lots of promise. And LaPo is a smart OC. He just needs to “unpucker” and use the weapons he does have. 

All of them.

I wish I could believe that.  IMHO Lapo is the weak link within our coaching staff.  

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Had great numbers at the NFL combine

Actually yeah for his draft year and position was one of the top testers...he's going to be a Jefferson clone with more speed if he pans out

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I wish I could believe that.  IMHO Lapo is the weak link within our coaching staff.  

The numbers speak for themselves.  Our offense despite being heavily Canadian and being led by a castoff QB has been very productive.    It took a nearly all american defense and Adam Bighill for Hall to look like a CFL defensive co-ordinator. 

53 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The numbers speak for themselves.  Our offense despite being heavily Canadian and being led by a castoff QB has been very productive.    It took a nearly all american defense and Adam Bighill for Hall to look like a CFL defensive co-ordinator. 

This statement is ******* ridiculous and insulting...

19 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This statement is ******* ridiculous and insulting...

Not actually...  Many of the Canadians are good players but they keep adding and adding the Canadian on offense because they know that Lapo can make it work. When you have 6 Canadian starters on offense and 1 on D its certainly worth mentioning in the context of this discussion. 

22 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Not actually...  Many of the Canadians are good players but they keep adding and adding the Canadian on offense because they know that Lapo can make it work. When you have 6 Canadian starters on offense and 1 on D its certainly worth mentioning in the context of this discussion. 

I know what you are trying to say....I just don't think that is a big part of the equation when they are looking at players to draft. If a guy is good enough to start on D in the CFL and is available/fits a need etc the Bombers have shown they will draft them. As it turns out right now, it's a lot easy to find pro level Offensive players in the CFL draft.

4 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

It was the Americans holding us back.... Dressler's broken, Adams disappears, Thompkins et al have yet to prove themselves...

Harris carried the offence on his back, Woli was money... Demski was pretty good too...  Rush, Petermann, Simonise - they showed well too