Game of Thrones: Final Season Discussion: ==> MAJOR SPOILERS<==

Wanna-B-Fanboy

25 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Fair enough.

Tyrion yes, but Greyworm's love story is over and I don't expect he'll have any significance (nor should he) in the finale.

And for those who might mention Jon Snow - all I can say is that Jon Snow is the Rick Grimes of GOT.

I could see Greyworm dying in a battle to protect Dany.   The easy way to take her out is Jon (since he's alone with her a lot) or Arya (wearing a face).  But they gave us easy deaths of Cersei and Jamie that werent overly satisfactory so if Dany is to go, it should be more satisfying.

But Im not even convinced she will.  I think Martin saying people shouldnt expect a happy ending is a bit of a red herring.  It would be pretty shitty to invest all this time for a "everyone dies" ending or "bad guy ends up winning."   I can see Jon dying too...I think the obvious happy outcome of him being King wont happen.  And Arya will go off alone.  Sansa leading a coalition of leaders might happen.  Democracy comes to Westeros!

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I could see Greyworm dying in a battle to protect Dany.   The easy way to take her out is Jon (since he's alone with her a lot) or Arya (wearing a face).  But they gave us easy deaths of Cersei and Jamie that werent overly satisfactory so if Dany is to go, it should be more satisfying.

But Im not even convinced she will.  I think Martin saying people shouldnt expect a happy ending is a bit of a red herring.  It would be pretty shitty to invest all this time for a "everyone dies" ending or "bad guy ends up winning."   I can see Jon dying too...I think the obvious happy outcome of him being King wont happen.  And Arya will go off alone.  Sansa leading a coalition of leaders might happen.  Democracy comes to Westeros!

Possibly or maybe he means the fact that they turned a favorite character heel.  Going by social media, a lot of people are pissed about their favorite Khalesi is now the Mad Queen so in that respect, he was right.  I know at least one of my friends was so livid after last night that she swore off the show.

Just now, bigg jay said:

Possibly or maybe he means the fact that they turned a favorite character heel.  Going by social media, a lot of people are pissed about their favorite Khalesi is now the Mad Queen so in that respect, he was right.  I know at least one of my friends was so livid after last night that she swore off the show.

I said to my gf if Jamie died at Euron's hands and didnt get to Cersei, I wouldnt watch next week! haha

I always found Dany a weak character so I like her change if she pays the price for it.

Reading some reviews I can’t help but agree that the arc for Jamie was somewhat ruined at the end.  He ended up back where he started. 

Imagine him arriving in time and begging Cersei to leave. She refuses saying it’s not over her.  She starts blowing up wild fire to take down the city herself.  We cut back and forth from a vicious Cersei relishing the destruction to a heart broke Jamie in horror at what his sister has become.  And then he kills her to stop the madness.  He then rings the bells signalling surrender.  And Dany, seeing what Cersei did is so enraged she continues her onslaught.  

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Reading some reviews I can’t help but agree that the arc for Jamie was somewhat ruined at the end.  He ended up back where he started. 

Imagine him arriving in time and begging Cersei to leave. She refuses saying it’s not over her.  She starts blowing up wild fire to take down the city herself.  We cut back and forth from a vicious Cersei relishing the destruction to a heart broke Jamie in horror at what his sister has become.  And then he kills her to stop the madness.  He then rings the bells signalling surrender.  And Dany, seeing what Cersei did is so enraged she continues her onslaught.  

"Where were you when we were brainstorming this ****?" 

David Benioff

Edited by kelownabomberfan

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

only issue with that ending (very well done BTW) is that I would have a hard time with believing that Jaime could kill Cersei while she is pregnant with his child. 

23 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

only issue with that ending (very well done BTW) is that I would have a hard time with believing that Jaime could kill Cersei while she is pregnant with his child. 

There was speculation she lost the baby. She wouldn’t drink when she was pregnant but when the new season began she was drinking.  

Cersei could tell Jamie, cruelly, that his baby is dead.  It would feed her obsession with winning...because that’s all she has.   And further crush Jamie who could reveal through his reactions that he only came back because of the child and in that moment realizes he wished he’d have stayed with Brienne. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Ive never had lower expectations for a finale of a series that i enjoyed soo much. 

While my expectations have gone way down over this season, I don't know that anything will ever beat the Sopranos ending for me as the worst ever (Lost is right up there too). 

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

While my expectations have gone way down over this season, I don't know that anything will ever beat the Sopranos ending for me as the worst ever (Lost is right up there too). 

I didn't get into the sopranos till after the finale aired. So it wasn't as big a disappointment for me. I also felt that a lot of the supporting characters were weak. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Binged the show the last couple weeks and just waiting for 806 to finish downloading.

Good on you. That is pretty big task- a entertaining one... but a marathon nonetheless.

Just finished watching.... I am good with the ending. My only criticism, is the fact they should have had more time develops the last season... It hit all the right beats and such... but I didn't feel as emotionally invested as I have been in past seasons... 

The one really really good part for me, was Brienn making the entry in the book of knights. That was really well done.

It's tough to compete against the battle of 803 and after Kings Landing was destroyed this ep felt anti-climatic.

Nice of Theon's sis to show up. How did she know Dany was stabbed? Maybe Jon admitted to it. Should have just said, "She took off with the dragon."

I would have sent Jon not to Castle Black to join the Night Watch but to Castle Black to take down the ice wall. Not much need of it anymore or the gates or the bloody Night Watch.

Well maybe the whole joining the Night Watch was BS as he goes north with Tormund.

9rOijTL.jpg

Fair ending but expect more of this.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

11 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good on you. That is pretty big task- a entertaining one... but a marathon nonetheless.

Just finished watching.... I am good with the ending. My only criticism, is the fact they should have had more time develops the last season... It hit all the right beats and such... but I didn't feel as emotionally invested as I have been in past seasons... 

The one really really good part for me, was Brienn making the entry in the book of knights. That was really well done.

I dont see how every one agrees to have a stark on every throne. Or why they split the north off while putting a stark (the one who would be entitled to winterfel no less) in the role as king. Sansas bit still feels very forced.