CIS Draft - May 2nd

Noeller

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I was young but I completely remember Tee Martin throwing a perfect bomb down the field and Kamau beating the coverage only for him to drop the ball despite it floating beautifully in his hands.   Tee Martin looked good,  his receivers were absolutely atrocious.  

On a play here n there he did show flashes. But overall, he was putrid. I've never seen a QB throw the ball away soo many times on second down without checking down. 

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

Tee Martin and his receivers were both terrible. Don’t feel bad for Tee. He did just as much to screw his career by being bad as any receiver did. 

Truth. Ol wasnt fantastic either. Long hard days as a bomber fan back then. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I was young but I completely remember Tee Martin throwing a perfect bomb down the field and Kamau beating the coverage only for him to drop the ball despite it floating beautifully in his hands.   Tee Martin looked good,  his receivers were absolutely atrocious.  

Oh man I remember this too! But I also remember Tee Martin not looking very good. That play about summed up the talent around him though. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

On a play here n there he did show flashes. But overall, he was putrid. I've never seen a QB throw the ball away soo many times on second down without checking down. 

Truth. Ol wasnt fantastic either. Long hard days as a bomber fan back then. 

The o-line was BAD, the expansion draft where we got two starters in Khan and St.Germaine was huge for our club going back to being respectable in 2006. Tee didn’t have time to throw the ball but he was bad.

Edited by Arnold_Palmer

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The o-line was BAD, the expansion draft where we got two starters in Khan and St.Germaine was huge for our club going back to being respectful in 2006. Tee didn’t have time to throw the ball but he was bad.

Yup. Taman negotiated the dispersal draft expertly. Got soo many pieces. 

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, he's getting rich being an OC in the NCAA.

No doubt. Frank broyles award for top asst coach in the ncaa, had a great gig at USC for a while now hes back with the vols. His coaching career is waaay better then his pro career ever was. 

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No doubt. Frank broyles award for top asst coach in the ncaa, had a great gig at USC for a while now hes back with the vols. His coaching career is waaay better then his pro career ever was. 

Those who can, do.....those who can't, teach..... (and those who can't teach, teach Phys Ed.......)

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Those who can, do.....those who can't, teach..... (and those who can't teach, teach Phys Ed.......)

haha soo true. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I do remember wondering why we didn’t give tee Martin a bit more time - so much pressure to find a QB back then it was ridiculous 

It was an era prone to guys getting yanked fast. If you really wanna develop and evaluate a young QB, you gotta give him a bunch of starts in a row. Its very very seldom an instant click. Ricky ray didn't finish games for a long time (splitting with maas) AC was a fringe player for years, Khari took some bumps and time to fully be ready etc. Even damon allen was an average at best passer for a long time. I never like it when QBs get tossed too quick. As long as its someone worth committing to. 

4 hours ago, wbbfan said:

That's the way a lot of guys are. They have so so pro careers & become great coaches. Not many super star players have success as coaches. 

On 2019-05-10 at 2:46 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Remember 2010?  One game I went to Buck had Aaron Hargreaves, Brock Ralph and Jamayel Smith (who?) starting at receiver.  How far we have come.  

Handsofstoneman. Iirc wasn't Cloman a PR pickup from someone? We had some real stinkers at WR for a good while. 

Edited by wbbfan