CIS Draft - May 2nd

Noeller

I like both picks, but lets be honest. None of us has any idea if the new draft picks will work out or not. Even the Bombers management doesn't know yet. Suggesting that 3 untested rookies are going to be great is one scenario, but there are tons of other scenarios too.

If everything goes the way folks around here think it will, then this years starters will be so good that the draft picks won't even get a chance to start for at least a couple of years.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean if you don't want to be part of the conversation on the players or have nothing to add you don't have to post.

Also what happened to the ignore feature?

Rather than using the ignore, I'd like the option of "sad trombone" sound replacing his text.  You get the same effect but it's much more efficient.  

5 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Well, in fairness, they are scouting Americans, not Canadians.

Yeah...  I mean the quality of Canadian brought in by this team rivals the american talent at times.  Which to me is just crazy.  Most of the good americans on these team were free agents or trades.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

At what point do we give Walter's the benefit of doubt on the OL? Done pretty good building it and picking guys who contribute in the draft.

Benefit of the doubt? the dude is a ******* OL guru.  I support the dude totally, he can do what ever he wants with the oline until he messes up. 

5 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I'll give you a like for this, bc it was the first thing I thought when I read his post.

Me, too.... And I was gonna say something, but I thought "it's Colin ******* Unger... It's too easy so I'll just leave it alone...." 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:
Image result for positive thinking
Hey, it's T Burg after another positive post about the Bombers. 

Nah. I leave most of them alone, but I live in a few posters heads without paying rent and they like to bring my name up when they post so I reply.

16 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

I like both picks, but lets be honest. None of us has any idea if the new draft picks will work out or not. Even the Bombers management doesn't know yet. Suggesting that 3 untested rookies are going to be great is one scenario, but there are tons of other scenarios too.

If everything goes the way folks around here think it will, then this years starters will be so good that the draft picks won't even get a chance to start for at least a couple of years.

Thanks for summarizing the idea of a draft for all of us who aren't familiar with the concept.

Would be way more interesting if you actually added something of intellectual value instead of constant pessimism.

Edited by Gotmilt

1 hour ago, Gotmilt said:

Thanks for summarizing the idea of a draft for all of us who aren't familiar with the concept.

Would be way more interesting if you actually added something of intellectual value instead of constant pessimism.

Intellectual like OMG EVERY PICK WAS AMAZING! We've completely fixed our NI problems! All of our picks will be all stars in a couple of years! Even better than the all stars we lost in the off season!

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Intellectual like OMG EVERY PICK WAS AMAZING! We've completely fixed our NI problems! All of our picks will be all stars in a couple of years! Even better than the all stars we lost in the off season!

Look, I think you have a lot to add but it’s very clear that you feel like you have to overcorrect for what you feel is the bias of other Bomber fans. I mean, I get it. Sometimes it’s annoying seeing the positive spin that a lot of things get around here but the Bombers easily had the best draft of any team. We all know the draft is far from a sure thing but reminding everyone of that doesn’t accomplish anything when there really isn’t anything to complain about after a very strong draft. 

18 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Just listened to Dunk on a podcast say that that Eli likely would have been the top pick in the draft if he hadn't said he was done with football. He referenced Duane Ford, although not by name, saying that he thought the same thing.

Even though I'm not at all big on podcasts, I just listened to that too. Look, I've been around awhile (Bomber fan since 1957) so I know better than to get carried away about things at this time of year. I had to see if it's just that I'm getting soft in the head or are Walters' picks as good as I think they are. Well it's not just me: both Dunk and Hodge say that the Bombers won the draft. Teams generally are satisfied to get one starter out of a draft. If things work out the Bombers could end up getting three (maybe even four) starting linemen from this draft: Desjarlais, Kongbo, Eli, and Griffiths. Not forgetting Oliveira who's saying all the right things about Winnipeg. I can't remember a draft like this one.

Yeah I am pretty stoked with the Eli pick..guy is a beast and if he is anywhere near football ready..can see him actually stepping right in at some point this year..he's good

We have a pretty damn good supply/depth in national high end oline talent..not to mention 2 of the top 4 import tackles to bookend them with..if I recal correctly too..Eli can play center or tackle

2 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Even though I'm not at all big on podcasts, I just listened to that too. Look, I've been around awhile (Bomber fan since 1957) so I know better than to get carried away about things at this time of year. I had to see if it's just that I'm getting soft in the head or are Walters' picks as good as I think they are. Well it's not just me: both Dunk and Hodge say that the Bombers won the draft. Teams generally are satisfied to get one starter out of a draft. If things work out the Bombers could end up getting three (maybe even four) starting linemen from this draft: Desjarlais, Kongbo, Eli, and Griffiths. Not forgetting Oliveira who's saying all the right things about Winnipeg. I can't remember a draft like this one.

1957 eh Fred.....why you youngster   lol...Same year my dad and I walked into Wpg. Stad. and became Bomber instant fans...I thought as well that this was a win win for Walters....Easily we won this draft and not just because we had those 2 first rounders

Good draft indeed. 

This is one time, that I can remember, when the draft followed what we heard we wanted, including the fans. Our turn came up, and the players selected were the players we discussed and hoped for. 

In addition, they selected players, who for whatever reason, were there for our taking...and these are good prospects..like Griffiths and Eli.

We've always had some question mark picks, but this year it was like throwing the long ball for a TD. 🏈

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

1957 eh Fred.....why you youngster   lol...Same year my dad and I walked into Wpg. Stad. and became Bomber instant fans...I thought as well that this was a win win for Walters....Easily we won this draft and not just because we had those 2 first rounders

20 years behind you guys...my first game was 1977...Dieter and the gang won me over and I never looked back.

49 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Good draft indeed. 

This is one time, that I can remember, when the draft followed what we heard we wanted, including the fans. Our turn came up, and the players selected were the players we discussed and hoped for. 

In addition, they selected players, who for whatever reason, were there for our taking...and these are good prospects..like Griffiths and Eli.

We've always had some question mark picks, but this year it was like throwing the long ball for a TD. 🏈

hey at least we can say everyone we drafted was actually alive on draft day...some years that wasn't the case...

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/03/15/sports/pro-football-canadian-team-drafts-dead-man.html

Edited by kelownabomberfan