CIS Draft - May 2nd

Noeller

20 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It would be unreal if we ended up with gray, desjarlais and eli as our starting interior OL.The level of talent we have at NI ol despite losing 2 starters in the offseason is just unreal. 

I'm certain that's not the plan. 3 guys with zero CFL experience is a recipe for disaster. The level of stupid in this idea is very high indeed.

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm certain that's not the plan. 3 guys with zero CFL experience is a recipe for disaster. The level of stupid in this idea is very high indeed.

I don't see that happening right away.  Down the line though this sounds like the foundation for a pretty strong OL.  

I was busy last night and couldnt follow much of the draft. But after reading though it sounds as though the Bimbers had a good draft. But as always it's tough to judge until a few years later.

Odd that the Riders would take 2 WRs early and and OL in the 6th round. I know they needed a Canadian WR but they have a pile of WRs on the roster. They need someone to throw them the ball and or they need to protect the QBs they have which they disnt address at all. 

36 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I would think (or hope) that @wbbfan was talking about 2 or 3 years into the future... otherwise I would agree... starting 3 raw rookies on the O-line is a recipe for disaster...

Also another note. It’s refeshing to see us continue to find solid Canadian talent and depth after YEARS of horrible drafting and straight up Canadian negligence by previous regimes. Good teams will lose Canadian talent because you can’t pay everyone a premium but the amount of depth and young talent coming in is really wonderful. 

3 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

didnt say this year...😂 

Bigblue204 called it. Though thats about as tough to call as riderfans talking trash before LD.

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I don't see that happening right away.  Down the line though this sounds like the foundation for a pretty strong OL.  

Yeah all 3 guys have star potential on the OL. Fast turn around talent that for most teams in most years would make the game day roster in year one and see some reps if not more. 

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'd be surprised if we didn't start the year Bryant - Neufeld - Couture - Foketi - Hardrick..........that's what I'd bet on, anyhow.

I think one of those guys won't start, or won't last long starting. Foketi didn't play well at guard, and I'm not sold on couture. Those two sides by side seems risky. I think Gray steals a job this year at some point.

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I would think (or hope) that @wbbfan was talking about 2 or 3 years into the future... otherwise I would agree... starting 3 raw rookies on the O-line is a recipe for disaster...

3 guys with that little experience would be disastrous no doubt. I think its gonna be a tough start to the year for the OL in general with the group noeller listed + gray. 

He’s different. He’s close to 260 pounds and the way he runs, he’s violent. 

Walters on Tariq lachance. Man, that just screams football player. Exume being called the best Sts player in the draft is really interesting too. 

2 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

@wbbfan You're saying that our 2 new draft picks and Gray are all better than Couture, Foketi, Neufeld and Speller? What are you basing your opinion on? It's certainly not based on how well they've played at the CFL level.

Im saying those 3 have star potential. While couture foketi and speller have starter potential. And neufeld is imo the average level of a starter / 6th ol in the cfl. 

Go watch some of their film, especially Eli. 40 pancakes in his freshmen year. If he had stayed healthy and not wavered on football he would have been an nfl draft pick and never seen the light of day up here. He would be a very good prospect as an IMP.

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Im saying those 3 have star potential. While couture foketi and speller have starter potential. And neufeld is imo the average level of a starter / 6th ol in the cfl. 

Go watch some of their film, especially Eli. 40 pancakes in his freshmen year. If he had stayed healthy and not wavered on football he would have been an nfl draft pick and never seen the light of day up here. He would be a very good prospect as an IMP.

Everyone has 'star' potential before they play against CFL level competition.

Pancaking a freshman in college is very different than doing it to a pro. Eli's been out of football for a year. He'll need to get back into football shape before he gets to camp. He may decide to give up on football again. He'll start at the bottom of the depth chart. I'd expect a PR season for him this year.

The point I'm trying to make is... Lets see what the new draft picks can do against CFL level competition before we put them up on a pedestal. One, both or neither may make it in the CFL, let alone be stars.

31 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Everyone has 'star' potential before they play against CFL level competition.

Pancaking a freshman in college is very different than doing it to a pro. Eli's been out of football for a year. He'll need to get back into football shape before he gets to camp. He may decide to give up on football again. He'll start at the bottom of the depth chart. I'd expect a PR season for him this year.

The point I'm trying to make is... Lets see what the new draft picks can do against CFL level competition before we put them up on a pedestal. One, both or neither may make it in the CFL, let alone be stars.

I mean if you don't want to be part of the conversation on the players or have nothing to add you don't have to post.

Also what happened to the ignore feature?

14 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I mean if you don't want to be part of the conversation on the players or have nothing to add you don't have to post.

Also what happened to the ignore feature?

if you're on a laptop/desktop, hover over their name and ignore user is in the window that pops up.