CIS Draft - May 2nd

Noeller

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

Love how in the last 2 drafts Walters has started swinging for the fences in the CFL draft afteryears of building a solid foundation of "sure" picks 

Theoretically if you are not afraid of taking futures in terms of players who drop due to injuries or NFL interest, then you can stock your pipeline with first round talent acquired in later rounds of the draft.  The risk being that they might not ever play for your team.  That's a risk you can afford to take if your Canadian talent is already strong.  Calgary has been doing it for years and it keeps paying off.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

even with the injury..I think Kongbo was best player available in the draft..also I think that Tavita is the best o-lineman available, and now that he wants to get back playing....that was the steal of draft in the 5th round amazingly...a 3 year starter at a Div 1 school says something

Has this been confirmed?

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Whether you like him or dislike him you can’t deny how good Kyle Walters is at assessing Canadian talent. Another solid draft overall for the Bombers. 

He finds more quality players in the Canadian Draft than our American scouting department does.

Well, Chris Merchant wasn't drafted but hopefully he gets a FA tryout with a CFL team to attend camp somewhere. Knowing Chris & his family, I know they're disappointed. My son didn't think he'd get drafted in 2016 & he never did. His agent told him 2 CFL teams were interested in bringing him to camp for a look see but that never happened. It's tough when a football career ends before a player wants it too but such is life. they just have to move on. My son now married & lives in Seattle. He is heavily into coaching qbs there so he's still in the game helping the next generation of qbs coming up in HS out there. 

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

Walters press conference for one...he is related to Mcmanus wife's family..they have talked to him a lot..he has expressed desire to play again...and is excited it's Winnipeg as he has some family ties to here as well...not verbatim but close enough to what he said

Nice. Wasn't doubting you just wanted to know! Thanks

54 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Nice!  

Couture / Speller / Eli competing for the Center while 
Gray / Desjarlais / Ouillete-De Carlo / Koczwara for the Guard(s)

Riders is under the table waiting for our scraps.

It would be unreal if we ended up with gray, desjarlais and eli as our starting interior OL.The level of talent we have at NI ol despite losing 2 starters in the offseason is just unreal. 

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

and you forget Neufeld..who is no slouch either and brings nastiness to the line..and has been injury free for over 2 season's now for those who used to go on and on about that

I still love watching that run against the riders, you can clearly hear him calling a rider a ***** or ***** or something along those lines. Along with Chungh yelling "we the best!" into the camera. Just a great line last year with that style of play. Punch you right in the mouth and laugh in your face!

Hopefully that attitude continues.