CIS Draft - May 2nd

Noeller

And just for fun, even though I've paid like zero attention to the lead-up to tomorrow ...

Toronto picks Desjarlais, Hamilton picks McInnis, Edmonton picks Betts, Winnipeg picks Wilkinson and Kongbo and then after that I don't really care. That'd be my prediction/hope.

Betts/Kongbo/Desjarlais/Wilkinson any of these 4 at number 4, but would like to see Lenius-Dickey is at six-foot-five and 243 pounds. I know CDN receiver isn’t a need, but this guy could be Harris’ Mike Sellers. A nice all purpose mulitool type of player. Lapo likes those type of weapons. 

The guy is a beast on ST, can play FB, TE and WR

Edited by Dirty30

13 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Betts/Kongbo/Desjarlais/Wilkinson any of these 4 at number 4, but would like to see Lenius-Dickey is at six-foot-five and 243 pounds. I know CDN receiver isn’t a need, but this guy could be Harris’ Mike Sellers. A nice all purpose mulitool type of player. Lapo likes those type of weapons. 

I mean ... I’m just curious where you get this idea he’s a beast on ST ... he had one career tackle in college.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

So what you're saying is the people who can see the big picture surrounding the Bombers understand the depth we have at the position and believe we can get over losing people, while the people who don't follow the team as close and only do superficial analysis of the team over react at the loss of names because they are looking at the small picture. Gotcha.

No, I'm saying fans know the backups names and think the new starters will play almost as well as the all-stars they are replacing because they believe the stories being put out by the Bombers media folks. Folks around the league, who don't follow the Bombers as closely know that the backups would still be backups if we hadn't lost 2 all star NI OL.

Being on the Bombers for a few years doesn't equal being ready to start. Being a first round draft pick doesn't mean being good enough to start in your first season. Being on the team for a couple of games last year doesn't mean knowing the system and it doesn't make you a non-rookie. There are lots of examples of players who were with the team for years and never did anything. Lots of examples of first round draft picks who turned out to be busts.

Sounds like Jones is already inked in at safety. Big gamble for a guy whose never been a starter and who is coming off of a season ending injury last year.

Edited by TBURGESS

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

No, I'm saying fans know the backups names and think the new starters will play almost as well as the all-stars they are replacing because they believe the stories being put out by the Bombers media folks. Folks around the league, who don't follow the Bombers as closely know that the backups would still be backups if we hadn't lost 2 all star NI OL.

Being on the Bombers for a few years doesn't equal being ready to start. It doesnt equal not being ready to start either.

Being a first round draft pick doesn't mean being good enough to start in your first season. It doesnt mean you're not ready to start either.

Being on the team for a couple of games last year doesn't mean knowing the system and it doesn't make you a non-rookie. It doesnt mean he doesnt know the system either.

There are lots of examples of players who were with the team for years and never did anything. And lots of examples of guys who were PR players before they became starters.

Lots of examples of first round draft picks who turned out to be busts. lots of 1st rounders who started as well.

Sounds like Jones is already inked in at safety. Big gamble for a guy whose never been a starter and who is coming off of a season ending injury last year. Risk...in football? Nooooooooooo!!!!!

24 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Being on the Bombers for a few years doesn't equal being ready to start. Being a first round draft pick doesn't mean being good enough to start in your first season. Being on the team for a couple of games last year doesn't mean knowing the system and it doesn't make you a non-rookie. There are lots of examples of players who were with the team for years and never did anything. Lots of examples of first round draft picks who turned out to be busts.

Sounds like Jones is already inked in at safety. Big gamble for a guy whose never been a starter and who is coming off of a season ending injury last year.

Doesn't mean that just because they're backups they are useless either. I mean I don't know anyone expects the exact same level of play... however replacing guys internally with players you have groomed is an easier transition, and in the case of gray that's a high potential player. So best case scenario for replacing people. They always have the option of changing the ratio as well. Lots of people fretted over the loss of Bond last year and the line was just fine. That's all people are saying, the pieces are in place to weather the storm of losing 2 guys.

As for Jones, there was plenty of talk last year already that he was a threat to take the starting job if not for his injury troubles so I wouldn't worry over much there. Everyone here laughed at Loffler getting the allstar safety nod anyway.

2 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

Watch the ST one on ones from the Combine and inside blocking drills.

Lenius-Dickey won't be Mike Sellers.  He'll be Aaron Hargreaves if he has a good career.

I think the Bombers might go for Julien-Grant, kind of a Cory Watson type, but more athletic.

we go o-line/dline I believe in our first 2 picks, I would like Kongbo over Betts personally and i can see us with 3rd pick going best player available who is a DB type player if any of value are left, if not then its the best Reciever /RB available

37 minutes ago, Booch said:

we go o-line/dline I believe in our first 2 picks, I would like Kongbo over Betts personally and i can see us with 3rd pick going best player available who is a DB type player if any of value are left, if not then its the best Reciever /RB available

Agree. If we keep the 2 1st round picks, I think we'll go OL and DL and Kyle would probably like "futures" here. So definitely either Kongbo or Betts and any OL with a mini-camp invites like - Desjarlais or Fontana. 

I still feel that we trade #5 overall.

Kabongo absolutely should be one of the picks. I don’t know why so many mocks have him falling so far. ACL injuries aren’t what they used to be and by all accounts he’s recovering nicely.  The guy is an absolute monster and it’s not often guys with his pedigree slip through the NFL draft and the UDFA market. 

Just now, Booch said:

HE absolutely is who i would grab with 5 or 4 pick...he won't be there with our 3rd pick and can totally see him being..or eclipsing what Boakeng has done in Edmonton

He’s not really an incredible pass rusher but he should be significantly better that Boateng at every other aspect. He’s the best Canadian DL prospect to come around in years and there is no NFL risk. It’s a no brainer. 

8 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Good, let the other teams deal with Hardaway's clients. Why would any team would take one of them first overall again?

14 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Interesting, Hodge has Richards going 32nd overall in his mock draft.  Who's opinion to trust more, Dunk or Hodge? 🤔

Bold move by the Argos in a draft with about 4 high-end OL, and ones from the OUA.

I’ve heard that Richards has weighed more than 400 lbs in the recent past.  High bust potential (as a football player, not commenting on manzier size).

I thought they’d go for Desjarlais or Gibbon.  Gibbon in particular is the type of OL Popp used to pick all the time, real athlete that just needs a bit of technical work.  Hoping one of those two fall to 4.

15 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Ferguson had him at 24. I don't think anybody expected him to go this high. Plus this isn't a guess from Dunk, they know he's in Toronto right now.

Ferguson doesn't come close to Dunk either though, but he is better than Hodge (IMO).