Trouba Trades

Floyd

Just now, Goalie said:

As for Ehlers, that's fine.. Its dumb but if u can get say Pesce from Carolina.. Be hard to say no. 

I'd never heard of that guy until playoffs this year, but he really impressed me....he'd look good in Wpg.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/the-jets-really-biffed-it-on-jacob-trouba/ar-AAD3UYN?ocid=spartanntp

So was this all about screwing over Trouba and his ****-for-brains agent?  I hope not as that's just bad business.  I don't get it, why not let teams talk to Trouba and get a deal done?  Instead we get this crap deal instead?  Is Chevy slipping?  Or is there more to the story?

On my mind as well..Trouba as a rental hurt us big time.And I still don’t get the hurry, given the return now was garbage anyway. 

Why not qualify him - at only a few mill more than the unsigned Pionk btw - and deal with this all at the deadline when team’s are desperate? Couldn’t get a below avg defender and low 1st rounder then? Pffft. 

Whomever we take at 20 likely doesn’t make a big impact for several years. By that time we’ll be a lottery team at this rate. 

Just now, Jimmy Pop said:

On my mind as well..Trouba as a rental hurt us big time.And I still don’t get the hurry, given the return now was garbage anyway. 

Why not qualify him - at only a few mill more than the unsigned Pionk btw - and deal with this all at the deadline when team’s are desperate? Couldn’t get a below avg defender and low 1st rounder then? Pffft. 

Whomever we take at 20 likely doesn’t make a big impact for several years. By that time we’ll be a lottery team at this rate. 

What would we get at the trade deadline? A first and a prospect. So slightly less then what we got here. It is what it is. NYR got a rental for a year.

40 minutes ago, Goalie said:

As for Ehlers, that's fine.. Its dumb but if u can get say Pesce from Carolina.. Be hard to say no. 

I like Ehlers a lot, but after watching his Sedin-like disappearing act in the playoffs two years in a row now, I am not going to be too upset if we get a bit tougher.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Lots of talk... Penguin insider saying Trouba and KO forced the trade to NY with threats of sitting out everywhere else

As RFA though what can he do? He would still owe that team a year or would he become UFA regardless in 2020?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

As RFA though what can he do? He would still owe that team a year or would he become UFA regardless in 2020?

Sits out. Did it before and why would a team want to deal with KO. The other GMs aren't dumb. They know KO gets his way. 

29 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think Trouba's karma credit card limit is just about maxed.

On the radio they said he wanted to go to the states because he believes his brand / stardom would be much higher down south rather then up in Canada.  

The guy is a good player but I don't think he's Wheaties box type caliber IMO....

27 minutes ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Other than getting Stastny as a rental, what was the last good move Chevy made? I can think of many bad ones but a good one is tougher to think of.

Hayes was a good move. He was good for the Jets and cost us a 20th pick and Lemieux, a fourth liner. 

1 hour ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Decent moves in a small sample size. Brossoit faded fast after he was initially injured and Beaulieu couldn't even get into the lineup during our short playoff run.

In Hayes they got one of the most desired players at the trade deadline... what else did you want them to do?  

What trades did they make that was so bad? 

After listening to the New York reporter who was on 1290 earlier today say that Trouba basically gave the Jets only 2 teams to deal with and then talk up Pionk by basically saying he was playing on the first pairing defense and how the Rangers were a crap defensive team all around and saying that he's much better then what the analytics suggest then I don't think the trade is really that bad.  

1 hour ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Sorry I'm not a fan of the Hayes trade. Decent player but Maurice wasn't able to use him properly. 4th line minutes for most of our playoff games. Lemieux might be a 4th liner but the Rangers wanted him, that's why they traded with Chevy.

Still a 4th liner. Hayes was good, despite being misused. 

That said, he's about to get paid $7M x 6 years. Crazy money. I would have been happy with a $6x6 here. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Still a 4th liner. Hayes was good, despite being misused. 

That said, he's about to get paid $7M x 6 years. Crazy money. I would have been happy with a $6x6 here. 

Actually.. 7 x 7.14 or 50 million over 7 years. Yup. Thats what Philly gave him. Severly misused here. 

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Hayes trade was bad cause we were not a Cup contender.

Based on how he played here...PHI overpayed. On the other hand 25g/yr guys are getting that so who knows anymore. I use coupons at Walmart.

We were 2 blown 3rd period leads away from winning 4 1 vs the eventual cup champs. 

20 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lots of talk... Penguin insider saying Trouba and KO forced the trade to NY with threats of sitting out everywhere else

Heard the same on the morning show. Apparently the Pens made a better offer for Trouba, but the trade fell apart when Trouba's agent told Chevy he'd sit out the season if he didn't get traded where he wanted to go.

11 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Heard the same on the morning show. Apparently the Pens made a better offer for Trouba, but the trade fell apart when Trouba's agent told Chevy he'd sit out the season if he didn't get traded where he wanted to go.

Who would not want to play for Pitts even for a year tho?

Did the Maatta deal get scratched?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg