Trouba Trades

Floyd

35 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Well since its pretty much a given he's gone...

https://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-should-swap-ristolainen-for-trouba/?fbclid=IwAR3SZh7pfCEo3n2YaQdGwGSt3aqKJv3F0Hp5P1uenAv6Wy3ZtED0Auot3Oo

Ristolainen for Trouba straight up - thoughts?

Just like Kulikov i will say this - the worst +/- in the NHL Risto has.

But he's just on a bad team right? 🙄

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

It’s actually not bad.  Especially if we’re assuming trouba wants to leave. So we don’t have leverage.   Could add some pieces and get a bit more from buffalo but it’s pretty close. 

Risto has cost certainty for four more years but is then Ufa. Trouba will sign a seal somewhere but it will be for more. Otherwise he’s a UFA in a year if he goes arbitration 

Not for Risto. Unless Buffalo adds a 1st. The plus minus means nothing.. Its just Trouba is an elite defensive d man... Risto is not. 

Risto Buff Niku.. Yikes that's not a very good Defensive group. 

I like the Trouba Little for Cout and Sanheim one.. Not sure Philly does tho. Maybe Konecny Sanheim plus 1st or Morgan Frost tho. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Agreed...  I'd consider Ristolainen if its Trouba/Little for Ristolainen/Reinhart - then we're overpaying a third pairing D instead of overpaying a 3rd line RW... ha

My fantasy trade would be Trouba/Brossoit/Little for Couturier/Sanheim and prospect...  I don't think its a pipe dream either.

Yeah that’s more complicated but a better deal. 

Jets will have a lot of teams interested it to an extent it has to be a team trouba is working to sign a deal. 

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I dont think they have anything worthwhile...

Trouba/Ehlers for Lindholm/Steel...?

Hubredeau? 4 Years - $5.9 AAV.

I don't see enough of him to know how good he is. 

Never mind. We don't need a winger here. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Why? At the trade deadline trouba would get a 1st plus A prospect... Hes gonna get more now.

Maybe. But if I’m a team and I see trouba playing hard Ball with a really good team, I’m not trading a lot blindly.  I want to know he’s going to sign with me. 

What stops him from being acquired, going to arbitration, becoming a UFA in a year and going anywhere he wants?  

At the deadline a team would have given that for a chance to win the cup. In the summer? They want assurances. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Why? At the trade deadline trouba would get a 1st plus A prospect... Hes gonna get more now.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Maybe. But if I’m a team and I see trouba playing hard Ball with a really good team, I’m not trading a lot blindly.  I want to know he’s going to sign with me. 

What stops him from being acquired, going to arbitration, becoming a UFA in a year and going anywhere he wants?  

At the deadline a team would have given that for a chance to win the cup. In the summer? They want assurances. 

Yeah, I'm not sure we're trading a top-pairing defenseman at the trade deadline as we're prepping for a playoff run. 

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Pretty reasonable to let the trading partner talk with Trouba's camp and have a contract in hand once he's traded.... similar to Mark Stone trade

Edited by Floyd

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yeah, I'm not sure we're trading a top-pairing defenseman at the trade deadline as we're prepping for a playoff run. 

I think goalie means we would have got that at the deadline so we’ll get more in the summer.  Which is true but my point is trouba will have to be a partner in this because no one is making a major trade for a player who has basically said through his actions that he intends to pick where he goes. 

23 hours ago, Floyd said:

Agreed...  I'd consider Ristolainen if its Trouba/Little for Ristolainen/Reinhart - then we're overpaying a third pairing D instead of overpaying a 3rd line RW... ha

My fantasy trade would be Trouba/Brossoit/Little for Couturier/Sanheim and prospect...  I don't think its a pipe dream either.

That is absolutely a pipe dream. Couturier is easily the most valuable player in that deal and you think they're going to take a backup goalie and an albatross of a contract for Sanheim and a prospect?

23 hours ago, Goalie said:

Heres mine... 

Trouba plus Little or Perreault to Carolina for Pesce (Trouba replacement) Necas (future 2 center) and a 1st. 

I think if ahh when Trouba is dealt.. Draft day... A 2019 1st is coming back

I would love this for the Jets, but I can't imagine Carolina would be interested in that deal. Pesce is a good, young dman who's locked in at $4M for the next five years, Necas is their top prospect. Maybe if little was a few years younger and Trouba had a few years left on his contract.

1 minute ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And can Edmonton afford that?

Let's say Ehlers-RHN is a wash. I would hope that they could afford Trouba.

However, is Trouba interested in going to Edmonton? They're not trading for him unless they can extend him. I'm not sure what Trouba's issue with Winnipeg is (assuming, of course, he has one) but it's not likely Edmonton alleviates those issues.