Mini Camp

Noeller

8 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Did I miss something... isn't this hair cut called a man bun?

I believe those are different things, but don't quote me...I don't know the first thing about fashion. All I know is that if Josh Donaldson wasn't so damn good at baseball for the Jays, I definitely wouldn't have been cheering for him. Bighill, for the Bombers, too...........blech.

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I believe those are different things, but don't quote me...I don't know the first thing about fashion. All I know is that if Josh Donaldson wasn't so damn good at baseball for the Jays, I definitely wouldn't have been cheering for him. Bighill, for the Bombers, too...........blech.

Bouncers call it "a handle"

7 hours ago, Tracker said:

In the report, there was a line that was easy to miss. Apparently Johnny Manziel went out of his way to arrange and pay for several teammates on his AAFL team to be able to eat and have a place to stay. A glimmer of hope that Manziel may actually be a decent human being at times.

I am not surprised.  I have heard lots of former teammates say that he is a great guy.  He is just lazy and has some history with dependency.

Question for you guys.  With all the attention Danny Mac has been getting lately on 3downnation and Bluebombers.com has he recruited into the CFL one top notch offensive player?  I feel like he's found some defensive gems but overall our American scouting has been sub-par.  Walters has been finding more all-stars in the Canadian draft then our American scouting department has done.   When I look at the Americans we have on offense they are all free agent signings or guys we got in trade. Stanley Bryant, Hardrick, Nichols (trade), and Adams.  That's something that's going to have to change very quickly or this team is going to be in trouble.  Yes, there are a couple of promising backups in Streveler and Flanders but nothing impacting our starting offense has come from our American scouting department.  Am I wrong?  And if im not how is the possible?

6 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Question for you guys.  With all the attention Danny Mac has been getting lately on 3downnation and Bluebombers.com has he recruited into the CFL one top notch offensive player?  I feel like he's found some defensive gems but overall our American scouting has been sub-par.  Walters has been finding more all-stars in the Canadian draft then our American scouting department has done.   When I look at the Americans we have on offense they are all free agent signings or guys we got in trade. Stanley Bryant, Hardrick, Nichols (trade), and Adams.  That's something that's going to have to change very quickly or this team is going to be in trouble.  Yes, there are a couple of promising backups in Streveler and Flanders but nothing impacting our starting offense has come from our American scouting department.  Am I wrong?  And if im not how is the possible?

You mean future Starting All Star QB :D

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Nope, you're bang on.

👁‍🗨A little Bailey with my coffee please...

He didn’t make a mistake. He did everything right,” Bombers offensive coordinator Paul LaPolice said of Bailey. “Every rep he ran at 100 miles per hour, he caught almost every ball thrown to him. You always talk to these guys about having staying power. You can’t be great Day 1 and average Day 2, great Day 3, average Day… you have to be great every day and every rep he had he did very well.

“He’s got good speed and picked up the waggle right away. He had a good camp.”

16 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Offensive? No, not really but then again, you're basically asking "has he found a receiver" because we haven't really had a need for American offensive linemen or running backs.

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

👁‍🗨A little Bailey with my coffee please...

He didn’t make a mistake. He did everything right,” Bombers offensive coordinator Paul LaPolice said of Bailey. “Every rep he ran at 100 miles per hour, he caught almost every ball thrown to him. You always talk to these guys about having staying power. You can’t be great Day 1 and average Day 2, great Day 3, average Day… you have to be great every day and every rep he had he did very well.

“He’s got good speed and picked up the waggle right away. He had a good camp.”

That's nice and everything but how many times have we got our hopes up for a import receiver coming to cmp to see them either not make it thru rookie camp or getting released early in to camp.  So Colin you're bang on!  Every other team has found at least 1 or 2 really good receivers in the past couple of seasons.

It is a problem and I've said it for the last couple of years that we need to make some changes to our scouting staff. 

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

That's nice and everything but how many times have we got our hopes up for a import receiver coming to cmp to see them either not make it thru rookie camp or getting released early in to camp.  So Colin you're bang on!  Every other team has found at least 1 or 2 really good receivers in the past couple of seasons.

It is a problem and I've said it for the last couple of years that we need to make some changes to our scouting staff. 

I don’t care.

It is all about getting our hopes up. - We’re fans.

I want to hear nothing but good things that can happen in the coming year because we certainly hear about all the bad things that happen along the way.

16 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I don’t care.

It is all about getting our hopes up. - We’re fans.

I want to hear nothing but good things that can happen in the coming year because we certainly hear about all the bad things that happen along the way.

I don’t have an issue with these positive team produced fluff pieces. My issue is that we get our hopes up and all these prospects fizzle out or just aren’t difference makers.  When was the last time one of our receivers was courted by and jumped to the NFL? 

That right there is an indictment on our scouting of receivers.