Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jazzsax

Look on the bright side...

Recommended Posts

I was thinking the other day that, as a Bombers fan above all else, I won't be super disappointed if the Jets her tossed early cause then there's plenty of time for people to get on the Bombers train... 

Edited by Noeller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Noeller said:

I was thinking the other day that, as a Bombers fan above all else, I wine be super disappointed if the Jets her tossed early cause then there's plenty of time for people to get on the Bombers train... 

Yup that’s true. I think a lot of people had blown their sports budget for awhile when the Bombers season started last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

There was something extra special last season because it was the first time the jets made the playoffs with an actual good team. I feel like the obsession among fans isn’t as high this year. 

I think that's because they're not as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I think that's because they're not as good.

I think that's part of it.. But I think people also got exhausted from the long season and long playoffs last year.   I know I did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jerry1377 said:

The season and playoffs are waaayyyyy too long in the NHL. Best of 3 would be fine for each series IMO.

How about 7 games in the first round, five in the second, three in the third and a one-shot for the final? Yeah. Right. Like That's gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tracker said:

How about 7 games in the first round, five in the second, three in the third and a one-shot for the final? Yeah. Right. Like That's gonna happen.

If anything, I'd reverse that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Your suggestion and mine have about an equal chance of implementation.

Oh, obviously.

That would cut down on revenue.

More teams, games, rounds, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jesse said:

Oh, obviously.

That would cut down on revenue.

More teams, games, rounds, etc.

Season should be 80 games. 8 Divisions of 4 teams into 2 Conferences. 2 games against teams in opposite conf, 3 against same conf non-divisional opponents, and 4 against divisional opponents. One division champ and 4 wild cards. Season runs from October 1-March 31. Playoff games every other day alternating conferences until the finals, season done by May 31 at her latest. 

But yhat won’t happen either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Season should be 80 games. 8 Divisions of 4 teams into 2 Conferences. 2 games against teams in opposite conf, 3 against same conf non-divisional opponents, and 4 against divisional opponents. One division champ and 4 wild cards. Season runs from October 1-March 31. Playoff games every other day alternating conferences until the finals, season done by May 31 at her latest. 

But yhat won’t happen either. 

In my ideal world, the NHL season is 70 games long. Begins on Oct 1st, ends on first week of March. Then 16 teams make the playoffs, and four rounds of best of 5 hockey follows. The Stanley Cup is awarded at the end of April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...