Look on the bright side...

jazzsax

14 hours ago, Noeller said:

I was thinking the other day that, as a Bombers fan above all else, I wine be super disappointed if the Jets her tossed early cause then there's plenty of time for people to get on the Bombers train... 

Yup that’s true. I think a lot of people had blown their sports budget for awhile when the Bombers season started last year.

43 minutes ago, Jerry1377 said:

The season and playoffs are waaayyyyy too long in the NHL. Best of 3 would be fine for each series IMO.

How about 7 games in the first round, five in the second, three in the third and a one-shot for the final? Yeah. Right. Like That's gonna happen.

18 hours ago, Jesse said:

Oh, obviously.

That would cut down on revenue.

More teams, games, rounds, etc.

Season should be 80 games. 8 Divisions of 4 teams into 2 Conferences. 2 games against teams in opposite conf, 3 against same conf non-divisional opponents, and 4 against divisional opponents. One division champ and 4 wild cards. Season runs from October 1-March 31. Playoff games every other day alternating conferences until the finals, season done by May 31 at her latest. 

But yhat won’t happen either. 

30 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Season should be 80 games. 8 Divisions of 4 teams into 2 Conferences. 2 games against teams in opposite conf, 3 against same conf non-divisional opponents, and 4 against divisional opponents. One division champ and 4 wild cards. Season runs from October 1-March 31. Playoff games every other day alternating conferences until the finals, season done by May 31 at her latest. 

But yhat won’t happen either. 

In my ideal world, the NHL season is 70 games long. Begins on Oct 1st, ends on first week of March. Then 16 teams make the playoffs, and four rounds of best of 5 hockey follows. The Stanley Cup is awarded at the end of April.

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎17 at 7:59 AM, JCon said:

In my ideal world, the NHL season is 70 games long. Begins on Oct 1st, ends on first week of March. Then 16 teams make the playoffs, and four rounds of best of 5 hockey follows. The Stanley Cup is awarded at the end of April.

Never going to happen.

They try to milk the $hit out of fans by dragging the season out as long as possible.

$11.00 beers to watch a bunch of millionaires? Not for this guy!

Bring on the $45 game tickets to the bombers and $8 beers... wait... :o

On 2019-04-13 at 5:55 PM, jazzsax said:

The way the Jets are playing there should be no reason people have hockey hangover and hold back on buying bomber tickets!!

Course this will mean more fans snatching up tickets and selling out IGF on a regular will be a significant raise of expectations on the team.  I mean, not that that's a bad thing necessarily, but you always hope against a letdown plus just hoping that we finally cracked the code to being as much perennial contenders as the Stampeders have been over the last decade.