Jets v Blues playoff who wins and why.

Mark F

I think its obvious Wheeler is part of the problem in the room. Stat padding is great but not at the expense of the team.. 91 points? Who cares.. The fact 55 and 26 weren't broken up once says all you need to know.. Not once...  Huggge problem. Id trade him if i could... I like Wheeler but if its true that he is an issue he needs to go as does Maurice who let it come to this. 

Edited by Goalie

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Based on?  His points and effort?  Being made captain?  

I think we look for easy answers. I don’t buy locker room issues. 

His demeanor all year.. Last year he was happy go lucky.. This season just pissed off. He is part of the problem. Based on just a bunch of little things. 

Points are a result of playing 2 minutes on the PP. 

Effort? Yup his lack of D zone effort is a concern. Hes the captain. Lead. He didnt. 

Edited by Goalie

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Stone lol... Please. 

There are strong rumors he didnt wanna play here cuz of the pressure. 

Not sure how a winger helps. What was wrong with Hayes other than Maurice playing him 9 minutes a night. 

Yeah in regards to Hayes it seems the Jets didn’t really like him after they got him.  I’d have played him with wheeler

Brian Little... 15 goals 41 points but played 3 weeks on the RW for some reason.. Hes a 55 point 2 center who for some dumb reason was switched to RW for weeks and did nothing. Another guy who was hurt because of coaching. 

Edited by Goalie

12 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

not sure what video you are referencing?

where was Scheifele's facial reaction?  Drinking game - take a shot every time Wheeler says "You know".

My drinking game is taking a shot every time Goalie posts a variation on "55 and 26 selfish, need to be split up/traded, coach is a disaster, fire him immediately or our window is closed".

My liver is currently the size of the Jumbotron at Bell MTS Place. Do or Die and his gin is now considered "lightweight" at my current pace.

40 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I always laugh when someone says the Jets should trade Wheeler as most of the time its someone who's a fan of another team.

What if you learn later that Wheeler IS the problem in the room tho? Ppl didn't want to believe Kane was an issue either but he was... Where there is smoke fire is usually near. Lots of smoke here. Personally... I think its mostly on Maurice... With the rest falling on Wheeler and even Scheif (cant put Buff there, he was injured) because they are the leaders... 

Heres the problem.. Ice time distribution... After 50 games Scheif was 3rd in the league in TOI behind McDavid and Barkov. Wheeler was 10th... Ppl see that and go oh well its normal.. But it's not because Scheif is not at the Mcdavid or Barkov level and the Jets aren't a 1 line team... What made us so tough last season and even in games this season at times was our ability to roll 4 lines.. Edmonton with McD and Dr Drai Colorado with Mack and Rantanen.. Chicago with Kane... These are 1 line teams who dont have the depth we have. 

There is no way 2 of our guys should be in the top 10... Our depth is what made us tough to play.. When Maurice Rolled 4 lines somewhat evenly... We won, when he didn't we lost and set an nhl record for most losses in a year in the last few minutes of a game. 11 times.. Its a record. 

This is likely a huge cause for problems in the room.

It's weird to me ppl cant for some reason put the blame on the supposed leaders and coaching when they were the ones always on the ice because the coach put them out there. 

At one point 55 and 26 were on the PK.. Absurd. 

There is an issue in the room.. Team meetings dont happen because everything is good in there.. It happens cuz there are issues and the most reasonable explanation is usually the right one.. Ice time and no accountability towards the Veteran players are at the top of that list. 

Ppl can put their heads in the sand and ignore it.. But... It was a huge problem. 

Also... Why is Maurice teflon? We have made it past 1st rd 1 time since hes been here... Hell we missed the playoffs his first full year... We regressed this season. I mean, his we were tired excuse is insane.... He was the one gassing that line all year long. And in playoffs... Even when they weren't good. Our depth is important but irrelevant when they aren't played. Chevy went out and got Hayes... Scheif Hayes Little Lowry was the plan.. Nope Little to wing.. Then, Hayes demoted to playing 9 minutes a game... Even when he played well.. The guy lead the Jets in points per 60 minutes here btw.