Jets v Blues playoff who wins and why.

Mark F

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

That's exactly what I heard. Poor us. we did our best. It's really hard. Boo hoo.

Seems like it's a Winnipeg pro sport team style.

Do not ever admit that you didn't play that well. Didn't earn your millions of dollars paycheque.

Andrew Harris, one of the guys who never lacks for spirit, and effort, is not afraid to take personal responsibility after a loss, to say he should have played better.

One of the reasons fans admire him so much.

My level of respect for some of the Jets players has gone down a lot after this season. With this attitude, expect the same result next season.

Hayes and Trouba sound like they are already gone...

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Other than Stasny or Hayes the past 2 seasons, we can't or refuse to trade for better players.  We can't sign the ones long term that we do.  Do players hate Winnipeg that much as a place to play or is this failure the fault of the GM? 

It's weird that other teams won't take our players and give us better players in return. 

30 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Other than Stasny or Hayes the past 2 seasons, we can't or refuse to trade for better players.  We can't sign the ones long term that we do.  Do players hate Winnipeg that much as a place to play or is this failure the fault of the GM? 

You mean besides the Myers/Kane trade I guess...  and the extensions to our core group?

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

You mean besides the Myers/Kane trade I guess...  and the extensions to our core group?

We don't upgrade at free agency.  We seem to be losing out on players available to help us. I just wonder how much of that is money, players not wanting to come or stay here  or Chevy himself.  Is there too much faith in our core?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We don't upgrade at free agency.  We seem to be losing out on players available to help us. I just wonder how much of that is money, players not wanting to come or stay here  or Chevy himself.  Is there too much faith in our core?

Bit of both...  missing out on Stone was a real bummer and Statsny too... but Manitoba can't compete with Vegas taxes and weather so there's that

Broissoit, Beaulieu - these are two Chevy diamonds in the rough...  Kulikov, Morrow - less so...

Not sure who could have helped this defensive system though - maybe Bobby Orr.

Real test will be what Chevy gets for Trouba...

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Bit of both...  missing out on Stone was a real bummer and Statsny too... but Manitoba can't compete with Vegas taxes and weather so there's that

Broissoit, Beaulieu - these are two Chevy diamonds in the rough...  Kulikov, Morrow - less so...

would it be too much to trade for a D man that won't break easily?

Im curious if Goalie still likes Ehlers over KConn after 20+ playoff games :D

Some notables from the post-season news conference...

When asked about Trouba, GM Chevy said something to the effect they still have his rights for one more year.

When asked about signing a long term deal Trouba said something to the effect we'll see what happens in the summer.

Injury wise Tanev had a screw in his finger, Ehlers fractured his leg and apparently Laine has had back troubles for the last 2 seasons.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I'd bring back Myers at $4.5 mill or lower for 3 years on a buyout friendly contract... but only if Maurice actually plays all our D consistently

Morrissey ($7m)-Niku ($1m)

Chiarot($2.5m)-Buff ($7.6m)

Beaulieu($1.5m)-Myers($4m)

Samberg/Kova/Poolman

Buyout - Kulikov

Trade - Trouba for a 2C

About $25-26 mill on D...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Orr wouldn't have helped much, he's 71.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Im curious if Goalie still likes Ehlers over KConn after 20+ playoff games :D

Some notables about the post-season news conference...

Best/Worst quote by Chevy today when asked about Trouba - We still have his rights for one more year.

Tanev had a screw in his finger, Ehlers fractured his leg and apparently Laine has had back troubles for the last 2 seasons.

Id keep them both.. But if im trading one its Connor cuz he likely gets more in return and also likely will get more than 6 million a year. Why would i trade a young core player tho instead of Perreault Trouba Kulikov etc

On 2019-04-21 at 1:26 PM, MrFreakzilla said:

A profession, a captain and leader in name only with an uncalled for outburst like that. He wasn't good enough in that series along with the majority of his teammates.

It was Paul Friesen that he said it too, we’ve all wanted too just he did it with the cameras on.

Wheels can’t avoid that he didn’t solve the problem that the C on his chest indicates he should thought.

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Must read.

I think the Jets won a lot of games before christmas, where they were outplayed. They just haven't been that good, all season.

Started believing the hype about themselves. Surprised to read that some players were more concerned about personal stats than winning.

Edited by Mark F

23 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We’ve signed just about every core guy to a long term deal.  Paul and Hayes were rentals. And even then jets went above their comfort zone to try to sign Paul. He went to Vegas for more term. Not because he hates Winnipeg. 

Hayes was never someone we had much chance at.  And then with him getting low ice time in some games it was obvious jets didn’t see him in their plans. 

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Also if we miss out during free agency so does 29 other teams. Let’s keep some perspective here.  We have a ton of talent to sign without worrying about over priced free agents. 

Stone would be nice. And we’d love it. And I guarantee the same fans who love it today would hate it in a few years. 

Stone contract is still better than the LIttle and Wheeler contracts... we'll regret those in 2-3 years

You get Stone's prime years - Vegas got a real deal on that trade/signing