Jets v Blues playoff who wins and why.

Mark F

Trouba needs to go.. Especially if he dont wanna be here.. That right there is a huge problem. 

1. Fire Maurice and all coaches 

2. Trade Trouba

3. If Wheeler is a problem, move him b4 his full nmc kicks in July 1st. Same with Buff who nmc becomes modified now. 

Blown 3rd period leads in games 1, 2 & 5 did the Jets in, the same problem that dogged them in the regular season. How does a team go from best in the league at closing out games last year, with the same personnel on D, to the worst in just a season? 

I think some of the young guys are tired of watching some of vets blow their assignments with no consequences. Just my 2 cents worth on the possible locker room issues. 

Someone on another site.. Think shes got a point here. 

This would lead to problems

The Vets are held to a different standard than the young players.

Whether it's terrible pinches, or penalties, or play. Things that get Laine, or Ehlers, or Trouba, or Connor, or Roslovic, etc "demoted" don't affect the vets.

Regardless of how badly the team played, Wheeler and Scheif had their safe space together. Pretty much immune from any "coaching

5 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Blown 3rd period leads in games 1, 2 & 5 did the Jets in, the same problem that dogged them in the regular season. How does a team go from best in the league at closing out games last year, with the same personnel on D, to the worst in just a season? 

I think some of the young guys are tired of watching some of vets blow their assignments with no consequences. Just my 2 cents worth on the possible locker room issues. 

Id agree. If i was a young guy id get pissed

I'm thanking the Jets team for games 3 and 4. Not going to say a thing about games 1, 2, 5, and 6. I'm done with the Jets for this season.

Good luck, Blues. I'm out.

4 hours ago, bb1 said:

So i am reading in the Sun now it was our schedule since March is why our team is not as good??? Maurice saying there was no gas left in the tank but made no changes from last game, to put in some fresh players ???  Excuses is what i am reading....

If Maurice said they he needs to go. Asnif the jets were the only team to play 82 games.  Terrible game management in terms of riding one line into the ground. 

If jets had won would Maurice think that? 

Thise decisions are all on him

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Good thing jets are young. But this gamble didn’t work. 

Yeah but we're so deep....Isn't that what everyone keeps telling us...I don't see any way but down for this club now....Better make some off-season adjustments and build back to at least what we had last year.....Management better review Maurice as a viable option going forward next year, and if there was a locker room divide, he and his philosophy have to hit the road....Those last minute losses...not only in the playoffs but the reg. season are glaring....So much promise flushed....time for some changes Chevy

28 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yeah but we're so deep....Isn't that what everyone keeps telling us...I don't see any way but down for this club now....Better make some off-season adjustments and build back to at least what we had last year.....Management better review Maurice as a viable option going forward next year, and if there was a locker room divide, he and his philosophy have to hit the road....Those last minute losses...not only in the playoffs but the reg. season are glaring....So much promise flushed....time for some changes Chevy

Well to be fair even with the jets playing poorly they beat the Blues if not for their goalie. 

I think what we’re all upset about is not a lack of talent. But last nights game is very telling of the leadership and mental strength and coaching. All three flunked. 

I don’t really care they the jets have only three picks this year. That was the price of trying to compete and we can afford it. 

Lots of talent. Still deep. Just need to exchange a few parts. 

Trade Trouba, let Myers go to free agency.  Time for some of the kids to step up, Niku, Samberg, Stanley.  I don't know what Buff was smoking the last two games, but he was just not there mentally.  Watching him slide helplessly out of the play haplessly trying to defend a two on one on the third goal reminded me of watching my nephew's bantam team.  Just not good enough, but Buff is an enigma.  I don't know what to do there. 

Sign Connor and Laine to long term contracts.  Those two guys are our future.  I was pretty frustrated with Laine during the season, but in the playoffs he was one of the few guys who showed up and played hard.  He's a guy that can take the playoff pounding, and give as good as he gets.

Ehlers - I think I am done with that guy.  Won't cry if he gets traded in a package with Trouba.  Two playoffs now show how ineffective a little guy like him is in the playoffs.  He can get us there, but he won't produce in the rough and tumble.  Reminds me of the Sedins that way.

Hellebuyck - redeemed himself for Game 2.  I am good with him.

Wheeler - I really am starting to not like that guy very much.  I don't know totally why. I just don't see him as a leader.  He seems to be getting Andrew Ladd syndrome - believing his own BS.  I won't cry if he gets traded.

Random thoughts...

25 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Trade Trouba, let Myers go to free agency.  Time for some of the kids to step up, Niku, Samberg, Stanley.  I don't know what Buff was smoking the last two games, but he was just not there mentally.  Watching him slide helplessly out of the play haplessly trying to defend a two on one on the third goal reminded me of watching my nephew's bantam team.  Just not good enough, but Buff is an enigma.  I don't know what to do there. 

Sign Connor and Laine to long term contracts.  Those two guys are our future.  I was pretty frustrated with Laine during the season, but in the playoffs he was one of the few guys who showed up and played hard.  He's a guy that can take the playoff pounding, and give as good as he gets.

Ehlers - I think I am done with that guy.  Won't cry if he gets traded in a package with Trouba.  Two playoffs now show how ineffective a little guy like him is in the playoffs.  He can get us there, but he won't produce in the rough and tumble.  Reminds me of the Sedins that way.

Hellebuyck - redeemed himself for Game 2.  I am good with him.

Wheeler - I really am starting to not like that guy very much.  I don't know totally why. I just don't see him as a leader.  He seems to be getting Andrew Ladd syndrome - believing his own BS.  I won't cry if he gets traded.

Random thoughts...

Ehlers has the Jordan Eberle syndrome, i.e soft perimeter player. Note Eberle has since shooked this syndrome since joing the Islanders.

On 2019-04-18 at 10:09 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't even know why I watch this ****. It's a ******* waste of time

I chose to walk away before game 5. No regrets.

14 hours ago, Mark F said:

on to the Bombers

Talk about a bad night. The Jets and the Bombers were both eliminated from the playoffs :)

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Good thing jets are young. But this gamble didn’t work. 

I thought the Hayes trade was bad as we were not a cup contender. Worked out so far for Columbus and they need to beat Wash for my pool picks.

The players dont seem to understand Maurice's D system...  something has to chance - so many breakaways and high percentage chances this year

We'll see soon enough - either the locker room poison gets traded or Maurice gets fired...

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I chose to walk away before game 5. No regrets.

Talk about a bad night. The Jets and the Bombers were both eliminated from the playoffs :)

I thought the Hayes trade was bad as we were not a cup contender. Worked out so far for Columbus and they need to beat Wash for my pool picks.

Interesting that we seemed to get worse once Hayes was here...

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Interesting that we seemed to get worse once Hayes was here...

We were 50/50 since Xmas. Not much changed. Only way Hayes trade works out is if he signs but I'm not sure you can have both Hayes and Little because $$$ and you can't trade Little.

One more thing...even when the Jets were at their best(pre-Xmas) we were giving up 40 shots :o

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

We were 50/50 since Xmas. Not much changed. Only way Hayes trade works out is if he signs but I'm not sure you can have both Hayes and Little because $$$ and you can't trade Little.

One more thing...even when the Jets were at their best(pre-Xmas) we were giving up 40 shots :o

Yeah there were real D problems from the start...  but our offence really did dry up after Hayes it seems

Really think Muzzin was what was really needed

That and balking at Roslo for Stone seems absolutely insane now

15 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It’s simple to say, but fix the defensive zone system and the rest of the game will follow. The Jets have an atrocious defensive zone defence.

Maurices system hasnt changed since hartford... this means fire the coach

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Maurices system hasnt changed since hartford... this means fire the coach

Yeah I can't do that. I'm now of the opinion Maurice switches between good and bad years and this was a bad year.

The odd numbered Maurice theory :D

Also all the good coaches hired and I'm not hiring PV.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg