Jets v Blues playoff who wins and why.

Mark F

Great game to watch...Goal tending was superb ...especially Helle...I think we've finally gotten to the guy at the other end and if Maurice is smart we'll pour it on at home and really un-nerve them tomorrow night....Crash the net and see how the Blues respond....Seems we're really successful when we get to the opposition goal tender and we keep the puck in their  end for long periods....Go get em Jets

39 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I think we've finally gotten to the guy at the other end 

We scored 2 goals......one of which was the most precise (I dare say a bit of a fluke) redirect/deflection/tip that there could possibly be, and the other was a really good out-hustle, out-work, crash the net play. Full marks to the Jets, but I'm not sure how last night's game shows that "we've finally gotten to the guy at the other end"...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

We scored 2 goals......one of which was the most precise (I dare say a bit of a fluke) redirect/deflection/tip that there could possibly be, and the other was a really good out-hustle, out-work, crash the net play. Full marks to the Jets, but I'm not sure how last night's game shows that "we've finally gotten to the guy at the other end"...

Beat me to it.

When we have 4-2 lead in games then I'll relax a little.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

Great game to watch...Goal tending was superb ...especially Helle...I think we've finally gotten to the guy at the other end and if Maurice is smart we'll pour it on at home and really un-nerve them tomorrow night....Crash the net and see how the Blues respond....Seems we're really successful when we get to the opposition goal tender and we keep the puck in their  end for long periods....Go get em Jets

The last two games have taken me back to 2018 playoff Jets. Been a pleasure to watch.

58 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The last two games have taken me back to 2018 playoff Jets. Been a pleasure to watch.

You mean 2018 First and Second round of the playoffs Jets.

The third round Jets were a stink-eye Toronto Argos style pure stink up to watch. (Other than Game 1 which was pure momentum from Nashville). 

Binnington has played well but in 4 games hes allowed more goals than Helle.. We have hit about 10 posts. I know Sportsnet is verbally jerking him off but.. He hasn't been that great outside of 1 period in 1 game we ended up scoring 6 in. 

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Binnington has played well but in 4 games hes allowed more goals than Helle.. We have hit about 10 posts. I know Sportsnet is verbally jerking him off but.. He hasn't been that great outside of 1 period in 1 game we ended up scoring 6 in. 

He has played really, really well. But Sportsnet has gone into overdrive on Binnington. 

I hate Sportsnet and can't believe we still have to suffer their coverage for the next 7 or 8(?) years.

An example... Laine drills Perron against the boards. Do they praise Laine's physicality, which he's been criticized for before? No. Do they note how much his game has evolved in the last couple of months, especially in the playoffs? Of course not. Do they suggest that Perron was tired, which is why he staggered back to the bench? Winner, winner, chicken dinner. 

Only Sportsnet could turn a big Laine hit into Perron being tired. 

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, JCon said:

He has played really, really well. But Sportsnet has gone into overdrive on Binnington. 

I hate Sportsnet and can't believe we still have to suffer their coverage for the next 7 or 8(?) years.

An example... Laine drills Perron against the boards. Do they praise Laine's physicality, which he's been criticized for before? No. Do they note how much his game has evolved in the last couple of months, especially in the playoffs? Of course not. Do they suggest that Perron was tired, which is why he staggered back to the bench? Winner, winner, chicken dinner. 

Tonight the Jets have to let the world know that Binnington is Pavelec 2.0. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Laine drills Perron against the boards

All the dumping on Maurice and the other coaches. Look what they're doing with Laine.

Pretty interesting as a fan to watch this happening.

It was Laine who before the series started, said that the Jets are the better team; and right from the first game, has proceeded to back that up, while some other players may have faltered somewhat.

Showing a lot of skills and personality for the leadership role.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, JCon said:

I commented about that very play to my wife.  How ridiculous to suggest that Perron was simply tired, as he winced in pain from the hit that Laine just delivered.

I really don't understand Sportsnet...  You're a Canadian sports channel, watched by Canadian fans, and yet you seem to favour the American team.  Doesn't make sense.

Are any of their broadcasts being shown in the states?

I think the broadcasters have been doing a good job. You guys don't know how lucky we are having Randorf and DeBrusk, who are probably the best tandem available. I think you're just used to the regional broadcast blowing so much smoke up your ass, that anything close to even-handed seems like it's tilting the other way...

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I think the broadcasters have been doing a good job. You guys don't know how lucky we are having Randorf and DeBrusk, who are probably the best tandem available. I think you're just used to the regional broadcast blowing so much smoke up your ass, that anything close to even-handed seems like it's tilting the other way...

Randorf isn't "bad" but DeBrusk is. The pair are rancid. Sportsnet is rancid. 

DeBrusk is the best colour guy going right now. Ferraro used to be, but he's become a bit of a cartoon character...DeBrusk is just a really knowledgeable  hockey guy. The pair is the best one going in the playoffs. And honestly, if you regularly watch/listen to any of the Jets regionals (radio or TV) virtually anything is a step up...

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

DeBrusk is the best colour guy going right now. Ferraro used to be, but he's become a bit of a cartoon character...DeBrusk is just a really knowledgeable  hockey guy. The pair is the best one going in the playoffs. And honestly, if you regularly watch/listen to any of the Jets regionals (radio or TV) virtually anything is a step up...

Different strokes for different folks because that's a hard no from me. I personally enjoy Gerry Galley as an example as a great color guy who gets me into the game. However, I'm sure everyone has their favorites that can vary.

I like someone who is a great communicator and speaker, who clearly understands the game and seems very relaxed...someone I'd like to have a beer with. It's an extremely rare combination. Fwiw, I thought Shane Hnidy and think Kevin Sawyer are two of the worst....

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Different strokes for different folks because that's a hard no from me. I personally enjoy Gerry Galley as an example as a great color guy who gets me into the game. However, I'm sure everyone has their favorites that can vary.

Agree. There is no way Debrusk is near the top. Galley is better and so is Ferraro, the current king. 

The only good thing is that Paul Romanuk is not calling this one. 

I've never been a Beyak fan but fear a day when we'll be subjected to more of Edmonds. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I like someone who is a great communicator and speaker, who clearly understands the game and seems very relaxed...someone I'd like to have a beer with. It's an extremely rare combination. Fwiw, I thought Shane Hnidy and think Kevin Sawyer are two of the worst....

I thought Hnidy was good by the time he left. 

I really liked Engblom and was sad when he left.