Jets v Blues playoff who wins and why.

Mark F

Game winning goal is brilliant right from their own end.

three passes to get from their own end to the red line.

Then Conner to Wheeler, to Schiefele to Connor... goal. With guys all over them.

Wow.

Thought (till I fell asleep) that Meyers played really well.

Edited by Mark F

9 hours ago, Mark F said:

unenjoyable start... but seem to have fought off the initial onslaught.

Laine is all over the ice. Playing very well. don''t know about Schiefele, Wheeler. look a bit weary. do not seem to win puck battles.

choppy period. Blues played their guts out, got nothing.

Don’t judge a line by one shift, clearly. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Game winning goal is brilliant right from their own end.

three passes to get from their own end to the red line.

Then Conner to Wheeler, to Schiefele to Connor... goal. With guys all over them.

Wow.

Thought (till I fell asleep) that Meyers played really well.

Their transition from defense to offense on that play was a thing of beauty. Every Jet on the ice did something right to make that happen. Great goal.

10 hours ago, BomberBall said:

In most cases I agree, but if Helle never handles another puck, outside of the net, I think I’d be happy with that.  I cringe everytime.

Yea I agree however, he justs needs to stop the puck in the dump in and leave it for his dman to come collect it. The dman needs to be there toute suite. No handling from Helle other than stopping and leaving. He should watch Carey Price.

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Their transition from defense to offense on that play was a thing of beauty. Every Jet on the ice did something right to make that happen. Great goal.

Buff should get an assist on that one because he out muscled Schenn to start the transition

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I am reminded of the movie “The Fugitive” where Tommy Lee Jones interviews the cop after the train crash:

”Care to revise your statement, sir?”

”What?”

”Do you want to change your bulls#it story, sir?”

I was trying to jinx them and it worked. Right after i said that they had a chance to pot one. Still stand by the statement though. I glimpsed Tanev but never saw or heard Copp. Lowry was visible.

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

85 Takes dumb penalties every game. Does he sit for a game? 

He's about 1 dumb penalty away from doing that. Myers takes one every game too but guess we cannot sit him down.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I was trying to jinx them and it worked. Right after i said that they had a chance to pot one. Still stand by the statement though. I glimpsed Tanev but never saw or heard Copp. Lowry was visible.

He's about 1 dumb penalty away from doing that. Myers takes one every game too but guess we cannot sit him down.

Myers penalties are kind of chincy.. Perreaults are dumb. Hot head types. 

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Buff should get an assist on that one because he out muscled Schenn to start the transition

He's also making Maroon look like a feather weight. Trying to hit Buff is like hitting a tree stump. It aint moving.  

Best of three, earned back home ice advantage although it hasn't been much of an advantage of late.

35 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Lowry's line was very good all game. They seemed to be the only line getting offensive zone time in the first period.

43 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He's also making Maroon look like a feather weight. Trying to hit Buff is like hitting a tree stump. It aint moving.  

Best of three, earned back home ice advantage although it hasn't been much of an advantage of late.

If I were the Jets I'd opt to just play the rest of the series in St. Louis.  They play way better on the road for some reason.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

85 Takes dumb penalties every game. Does he sit for a game? 

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

It should definitely be discussed. He's taken four minors in his limited playing time. That's brutal.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Myers penalties are kind of chincy.. Perreaults are dumb. Hot head types. 

At least he isn't Kane, 39PIM in 4 games including 16 last night. I don't so much as have a problem with the penalties themselves it is when he takes them. Seems like it is always right at the end of a period giving them an extra boost to start the next.

Myers has 2 minors this series, Scheif and Perreault each have 4, they are going to happen just need better than 78% penalty killing.