Jets v Blues playoff who wins and why.

Mark F

I think if they can stop giving it away to the other team, and stop the dopey cross checking and so on, Jets will win.

Meyers has to play a bit smarter. He can be really good..... few years ago he completely shut down Ovechkin in Wpg.

I also think Laine will stop hitting posts, and start scoring. With some big games from him, this would be an easy series.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Laine back with Little. Guess the Hayes experiment over.

Maybe he cant play with anyone...

I think it will be hard for Laine to heat up on a line with Little and Copp.  It's been proven, many times, that he and Little have little (no pun intended) to no chemistry.  Hope I'm wrong.

15 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I think it will be hard for Laine to heat up on a line with Little and Copp.  It's been proven, many times, that he and Little have little (no pun intended) to no chemistry.  Hope I'm wrong.

He only scores on the PP this year, anyhow. As long as he's on PP1, he'll get his shots. 

Last years Jets could half ass it most of a game then turn it on and explode for 3 or 4 quick ones to get the win. The team has tried to play that way this year only to find out that the goals aren't coming. I don't know whcih team shows up in the playoffs but it would be nice to see a 60 minute effort for a change. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

He only scores on the PP this year, anyhow. As long as he's on PP1, he'll get his shots. 

Yeah Im fine with CLL - minimizes the defensive damage from Laine's lazy back checking 

I'd rather see Copp as the centre on that line and keep Laine on the left wing - he doesn't score on the right side

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Yeah Im fine with CLL - minimizes the defensive damage from Laine's lazy back checking 

I'd rather see Copp as the centre on that line and keep Laine on the left wing - he doesn't score on the right side

Laine is always the first guy back in the D zone.. Has been for 2 months now. Little has been really bad this year in the D zone.. Like worse than last year... He has 2 points since the Hayes trade also. Only way this makes sense is if instead of telling Laine to play D like he has been doing, they unleash him to just play O. Little tho has been really bad in the D zone all year.. Dont matter who hes played with. 

What a stupid line. CsW gonna play 25 a night and get owned again in the D zone like all season long but Laine. 

The fact Maurice still experimenting and stilll refusing to break up 55 and 26 is ridiculous already. 

Edited by Goalie

Trouba on PP1? Ooook then... Dont get this one at all.. Hes awful. Maurice doing what coaches who have no more ideas are doing.. Gonna gas 81 55 26 and play the other lines 10 minutes. 

In the off season they need to get to the root of the problem which is coaching. Huddy Flaherty kompon Maurice all need to walk the plank if the Jets lose in rd 1. 

Im calling blues in 6.. Only because i dont think theres a magic switch and the line combos are not optimal

Edited by Goalie