Your *HATE* goes in here

bluto

On 2021-04-12 at 7:53 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

This is the way.

Leafs are a fun team to watch lately (unless it's against the Jets). But that's where the praise ends. Their fans and the media (by and large TSN and SN) are the epitome of insufferable.

If you turn the commentator volume off and blur their emblem then yes I'm maybe with you.

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Right now, I bottling up all my hate for the Riders, the EEs, the Stamps and anyone else who is fighting for the survival of this league and I'll keep it there until the first snap of the season. 

💙💛

10 hours ago, JCon said:

Right now, I bottling up all my hate for the Riders, the EEs, the Stamps and anyone else who is fighting for the survival of this league and I'll keep it there until the first snap of the season. 

Is there a 99% agree button?  As much as I try to bottle my hate for all things Green right now, a little bit still leaks out.   🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

You know what I hate..... McDonalds it's so nasty and over priced.   Give me Zaxx or any greasy spoon around town which have fatboy combos which are double in size and at a cheaper price.    This is what I hate for today.....

It is what it is. Having friends in the potato business, I can tell you that McD's has better quality control than anyone else.  The same thing with chicken. 

9 hours ago, Mark H. said:

It is what it is. Having friends in the potato business, I can tell you that McD's has better quality control than anyone else.  The same thing with chicken. 

I have no questions on the cleanliness of McDonalds. As a kid I worked at one and it was a well oiled machine with it's practices of keeping the place clean and quality control of the food they served.   That being said the food is so full of preservatives and filler that the quality of it is the drizzling shits.   The fries are weird and unnatural,  if you ever want a good watch then check out the special features of Super Size Me in the following video.... 

I don't know as much about the rest of their food, but I know their fries have fewer preservatives than those of other fast food chains

I know some people who work at Simplot in Portage, and what they have to say is very interesting. 

KFC fries are rather infamous amongst the workers there...

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

I have no questions on the cleanliness of McDonalds. As a kid I worked at one and it was a well oiled machine with it's practices of keeping the place clean and quality control of the food they served.   That being said the food is so full of preservatives and filler that the quality of it is the drizzling shits.   The fries are weird and unnatural,  if you ever want a good watch then check out the special features of Super Size Me in the following video.... 

Guess if this is a hate thread, then I can post how much I hate "documentaries" like the stupid **** posted above. Add to that any netflix "documentary" about any health topic.

15 hours ago, Brandon said:

I finally watched it.  There's nothing unnatural about the fries...other than the fact that they're dried out and have nothing to grow bacteria with.  Fried, flash frozen, fried again - there goes 99% of your moisture. But I'm sure they were hard as a rock after 2 weeks...

9 minutes ago, Mark F said:

question

why do sports fans hate the leafs, but cheerfor the blue jays, raptors.

raptors, blue jays have nothing to do with me, a westen canadian. 

need some consistency in our hate.

Well, no. It's not about Western vs Eastern. 

It's only been for like 25 years that the Jets have been in the NHL. So, if you were watching the NHL, you needed another team. 

Also, the Blue Jays suck. Go Yankees! 

When the NBA expanded, I cheered for the Grizzlies and even caught a couple of games when I lived in the GVA. I cheer for the Raps now but they are not my favourite team. I don't really have one. But, you see them all the time on TV and become familiar with players and the org. Same with the Jays. You know what you see. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

question

why do sports fans hate the leafs, but cheerfor the blue jays, raptors.

raptors, blue jays have nothing to do with me, a westen canadian. 

need some consistency in our hate.

We cheer teams when there is no other national alternative. Fandom is by and large geographical. We booed Gretzky as an Oiler or joked about “Cindy Crosby” and hated on the Pens, but when they played for Team Canada at the Canada Cup or watched them score the Golden Goal, we loved them. So consistency is based on rooting interest, not the specific team. Leafs are our competition as Winnipeggers , Jays and Raptors are not. And yes, it is possible to have an allegiance that is not geographically based (I rooted for the 49ers and Chargers because they were the best when I was growing up and learning about NFL football), but your strongest connection will always be your “home” team in a geographic sense, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

We cheer teams when there is no other national alternative. Fandom is by and large geographical. We booed Gretzky as an Oiler or joked about “Cindy Crosby” and hated on the Pens, but when they played for Team Canada at the Canada Cup or watched them score the Golden Goal, we loved them. So consistency is based on rooting interest, not the specific team. Leafs are our competition as Winnipeggers , Jays and Raptors are not. And yes, it is possible to have an allegiance that is not geographically based (I rooted for the 49ers and Chargers because they were the best when I was growing up and learning about NFL football), but your strongest connection will always be your “home” team in a geographic sense, IMO. 

Still hated Corey Perry and was embarrassed that he was on the national team. 

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Still hated Corey Perry and was embarrassed that he was on the national team. 

But did you hate him when he scored that goal in the gold medal final? I’m betting you cheered rather than booed, even if it was more subdued. 
I was not a fan of Todd Bertuzzi being on Detroit or the ‘06 Olympic team, but I still cheered for those squads. 

Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

But did you hate him when he scored that goal in the gold medal final? I’m betting you cheered rather than booed, even if it was more subdued. 
I was not a fan of Todd Bertuzzi being on Detroit or the ‘06 Olympic team, but I still cheered for those squads. 

I believe I shouted 'Ef Corey Perry' at BP. I was happy the team scored but still am embarrassed that he wore the colours. 

28 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

We cheer teams when there is no other national alternative. Fandom is by and large geographical. 

This, for me, is what sports is all about...... more so than watching the best players in a given sport compete against one another. It's a geographical thing for me that truly drives my passion...

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

We cheer teams when there is no other national alternative. Fandom is by and large geographical.

not me.

I dislike the entire Canada/ Toronto  centric nature of everything. not just sports. everything. 

example CBC morning radio talk show q.... if they have a band or musician on, odds are its Toronto or Ontario band.

chances of hearing someone from the Western provinces are small. even though there are large numbers of outstanding musicians and bands from the western provinces. 

so .....q.... is a toronto show that us outsiders should be thankful we get to listen.

also......changing my moniker to "disgruntled westerner"

and my info to say "try heating your house without our oil!"

😂

Edited by Mark F

I get why people hate it...I truly do.....but the reality is there are just way more Toronto fans across Canada than any other team. The only thing that comes close is Montreal, but it's just generations of Leafs fans raising future Leafs fans that goes back to the Original 6 days...

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I get why people hate it...I truly do.....but the reality is there are just way more Toronto fans across Canada than any other team. The only thing that comes close is Montreal, but it's just generations of Leafs fans raising future Leafs fans that goes back to the Original 6 days...

Sure but don't pretend like Sportsnet or TSN are actually national sports stations. Don't call all the iterations "regional" when all they do is report on the Leafs. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Sure but don't pretend like Sportsnet or TSN are actually national sports stations. Don't call all the iterations "regional" when all they do is report on the Leafs. 

I 100% get what you're saying and I do agree, but........I also know TSNs rationale for doing that is that there are as many Leafs etc fans living in all of those regional markets as the "local" team..... the demand from those regional outposts for Toronto teams coverage is still very VERY high, even with a "local" team in that spot. 

Trust me, I hate it, too....it's insane.......but they've got the numbers to back it up.