Game 81 : @ Rocky Mountain Breakdown

26 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Uh oh...  excuses already showing up...

The average age thing is ridiculous - so what if one team is average age of 26 and the next is 27...

It's not an excuse, skill players naturally want to make the perfect pass, the Jets are loaded with them and they have to learn that the perfect pass isn't always the right play to make in a given situation. A guy like Buff should know better but I don't think there is any hope for him, he's never been a team player, just does what he wants to. 

2 minutes ago, pigseye said:

It's about winning puck battles down low and being hard to knock off the puck, that is where the big bodies are an asset. You don't have to hit your opponent every shift, like Tanev & Lowry do, to wear him down, the grind of checking guys the size of Wheeler and Laine is enough to tire you out eventually. 

Except wheeler Scheif Connor ehlers laine Perreault copp even etc are not that type of player. They are skill guys. In football we refer to this as square pegs in round holes. 

Just now, Goalie said:

Except wheeler Scheif Connor ehlers laine Perreault copp even etc are not that type of player. They are skill guys. In football we refer to this as square pegs in round holes. 

Then you didn't watch the way they all played in the first period last night. They were all getting their noses dirty in the corners and in front of the net. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Maurice def feeling pressure as hes relying way 2 much on the struggling scheif and wheeler. 

This I can agree with completely, the Jets are at their best when they are rolling all four lines. I still think Maurice is a dud as a HC. 

3 minutes ago, pigseye said:

It's not an excuse, skill players naturally want to make the perfect pass, the Jets are loaded with them and they have to learn that the perfect pass isn't always the right play to make in a given situation. A guy like Buff should know better but I don't think there is any hope for him, he's never been a team player, just does what he wants to. 

55 and 26 have been the most guilty of doing what They want to this year. The fact they take 2 minute shifts says all you need to know. 

Its so painfully obvious.. The lack of discipline and Accountability is a huge problem

1 minute ago, pigseye said:

Then you didn't watch the way they all played in the first period last night. They were all getting their noses dirty in the corners and in front of the net. 

They have done that for 20 minutes every game. The problem is the game is 60 minutes long

Just now, JCon said:

If I'm a coach, I'm going to my best players and my leaders. That's them. 

But its not tho. They are terrible defensively and take 2 minute shifts. The hayes line which got 12 minutes of 5 on 5 ice time was the best line. 

Carolina and leafs fans have seen this b4 with Maurice. 

Just now, Goalie said:

55 and 26 have been the most guilty of doing what They want to this year. The fact they take 2 minute shifts says all you need to know. 

Its so painfully obvious.. The lack of discipline and Accountability is a huge problem

Completely agree, and Maurice is to blame for this. All players want to play as much as possible, it's the coaches job to balance that ice time, Maurice is a failure. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They have done that for 20 minutes every game. The problem is the game is 60 minutes long

That is exactly the problem, play 60 minutes and there is no problem. The only way to sustain that level of play for 60 minutes is by rolling 4 lines, not gassing your top line. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

But its not tho. They are terrible defensively and take 2 minute shifts. The hayes line which got 12 minutes of 5 on 5 ice time was the best line. 

Carolina and leafs fans have seen this b4 with Maurice. 

Are you saying that Sheif and Wheeler are not the two best players on this team and the leaders? Hayes is the leader now and a better centre? 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Are you saying that Sheif and Wheeler are not the two best players on this team and the leaders? Hayes is the leader now and a better centre? 

Right now? Yes. When im looking at O zone and D zone play... Lowry Copp Hayes are all better than Scheif as a centre. They actually play in the D zone.. Im betting scheif would be better if the minutes were spread out more evenly but cSW got 24 minutes 5 on 5. Hayes line got 12.. Here is your problem. Scheif and Wheeler barely try in the D zone.. Maybe 3 x a game but for the most part.. They are floaters. 

Likely gassed floaters tho. 

Edited by Goalie

Scenario time: you are up by 1.. 1 minute or so to go.. Empty net.. Faceoff in your zone.. Who are your 3 forwards? Cuz its been CSW most nights even tho they statistically blow as a unit.. They get outscored as a line. Terrible defensively. 

Or do u put out your 3 best D forwards.. Hayes Copp Lowry.. Etc.. 

I put out my best D guys.. Maurice puts out his worst ones. The diff between 1st 2nd 3rd is.. Last minute losses with Scheif and Wheeler on the ice. 

Edited by Goalie

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Scenario time: you are up by 1.. 1 minute or so to go.. Empty net.. Faceoff in your zone.. Who are your 3 forwards? Cuz its been CSW most nights even tho they statistically blow as a unit.. They get outscored as a line. Terrible defensively. 

Or do u put out your 3 best D forwards.. Hayes Copp Lowry.. Etc.. 

I put out my best D guys.. Maurice puts out his worst ones. The diff between 1st 2nd 3rd is.. Last minute losses with Scheif and Wheeler on the ice. 

Maurice is a NHL coach. You're not. I'm going with Pomo's choices all day, every day and twice on Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Do you think True North would dare let him go in the off season?

I think they might. Depends on lots of variables we are not privy 2 like year end meetings especially if its a week from now. I think they need to win rd 1 for him to be kept. Also who is realistically available. Quennville? Similar to Maurice actually. Vincent from the Moose? He deserves a shot.. Hes been doing good with a make shift moose roster. 

Somebody else? Ralph Krueger? Who is the guy who replaces Maurice. Ducky? We need a Jon Cooper. Innovative. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Maurice is a NHL coach. You're not. I'm going with Pomo's choices all day, every day and twice on Saturday. 

Sure but there are lots of better coaches in the league right now who when trying to win a 1 goal game do not put out Connor Scheif Wheeler Myers Kuli every game. They put out their Lowry or Copp line. I mean playing CSW defeats the purpose of Lowrys defensively strong checking line. They can at least clear the puck out of the D zone or grind it down. CSW cheat in the D zone when out protecting a 1 goal lead.  They try to get 2 cute instead of just clearing it. They are Soft defensively. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, BomberBall said:

They weren't even able to maintain it through the entire 1st period.  Yes, it was a great looking period.... Until about 3 minutes left, when it became a shooting gallery in our end.

I heard this guy, Travis Yost, on the radio a couple days ago...  Here's the article he wrote on the Jets:

https://www.tsn.ca/the-jets-appear-fundamentally-broken-1.1285071

Those numbers are scary.  Interesting that Copp is our best, most consistent player based on those stats.