Game 81 : @ Rocky Mountain Breakdown

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Regardless... This team plays 1 period very good but then sleep for 2. Closed door meetings can't fix that. 

Jets gonna be 3rd in central. Lose to St Louis in 5 or 6. 

even the rest breaks have been turning against the jets this season

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Oh well. There’s always next year. 

I'll state the obvious but when they play big, strong and fast like they did for the first period very few teams in this league can keep up. I guess they just don't have the energy and health to maintain that pace. I think there is indeed something to the argument about being gassed. The season length and physical impact on their bodies have caught up to some of them. For example Shief looked a half a step behind his normal self. Hopefully they can rediscover that extra gear for the playoffs.

10 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'll state the obvious but when they play big, strong and fast like they did for the first period very few teams in this league can keep up. I guess they just don't have the energy and health to maintain that pace. I think there is indeed something to the argument about being gassed. The season length and physical impact on their bodies have caught up to some of them. For example Shief looked a half a step behind his normal self. Hopefully they can rediscover that extra gear for the playoffs.

He can't. He won't. Hes been overplayed and is gassed and likely hurt. Only way we win if Helle allows 2 or less goals but even then he has a 930 save percentage last 9 games and Jets are like 1 6 2 in those 9.  We done. Buff is pissed at Maurice about lack of PP time. 

Edited by Goalie

Concerned about where Buff's head is at. He got pissy about not getting PP time (he might be right to be, but that's irrelevant) and smashed a stick, then he gets out there in OT and fucks up. Super concerned about where he's at. 

A story from Noeller's youth:

I used to play a lot of fastball, growing up. Both windmill and orthodox (no windmill/slingshot). We had this guy on our team my whole life growing up that was super talented...big, strong, just an all around athlete. But he was really big on being the hero. One year, we had a pretty bad team...didn't win many games. We somehow put it all together against one of the best teams in the league and were cruising...winning going into the bottom of the last inning. This guy had been playing another position, but decided he wanted to pitch. We all agreed "No, the other guy is dominating right now...it would be stupid to take him out" but the guy says "if you don't let me pitch, I'm going to screw up on purpose out here...I'll let balls go by me, etc..." Just a really bad attitude...would sabotage the team if he didn't get his way. So, fine...we let him pitch.....and the other team just tees off on him. We end up losing the game. 

Now.......I'm not saying this story has anything to do with the Jets........I'm just saying................