Game 81 : @ Rocky Mountain Breakdown

The Jets would clinch the title tonight if they win and Nashville loses in regulation and St. Louis loses in any fashion. They would clinch no worse than second place, which means home-ice advantage in the first round at least — if they win and one of Nashville or St. Louis loses — either the Predators in regulation or the Blues in any fashion.

Blues lost in OT last night.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

tonight needs to be a statement game for the Jets. Game 81, you can't be having these huge internal issues. Go out there and lay a beating down....

If they come out flat, we are done - you can’t have a 25 min team meeting and then a team building day and then not have any fire

24 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If they come out flat, we are done - you can’t have a 25 min team meeting and then a team building day and then not have any fire

I agree, however I would think an element to the Jets woes of late is other teams have found a useful blueprint in how to play us.

Therefore, added to the players/coaches responsibility of team unity/cohesion is the coaches ability to come up with a blueprint of their own to stay ahead of the oppositions approach.

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I agree, however I would think an element to the Jets woes of late is other teams have found a useful blueprint in how to play us.

Therefore, added to the players/coaches responsibility of team unity/cohesion is the coaches ability to come up with a blueprint of their own to stay ahead of the oppositions approach.

That doesn’t explain the late game collapses and the lack of backchecking

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Totally agree on the blueprint comment.  Our passive defensive approach and difficulty counteracting an aggressive forechecking team, is definitely on the coaches to find answers.

Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports 17m17 minutes ago

Brandon Tanev is not on the ice and we will see what kind of update #NHLJets HC Paul Maurice provides. In other news, Connor Hellebuyck just shattered his goal stick on the post

Forwards in blue: Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler, Lindholm/Hendricks-Lowry-Roslovic. Forwards in white: Copp and Hayes at C, wingers are Laine, Little, Perreault and Ehlers but not sure who is going with whom just yet

No line rushes for #NHLJets this morning so the combos (at least for groups wearing white) remain a mystery at least for now. Not certain but guessing HC Paul Maurice will tell me to show up for the warm up if I want to know the combos but we shall see (or hear) shortly

Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports 52s53 seconds ago

#NHLJets F Par Lindholm isn’t staying on for extra work so it looks like he will draw in for Brandon Tanev tonight

Edited by BomberBall

24 minutes ago, Floyd said:

That doesn’t explain the late game collapses and the lack of backchecking

Yup didnt absolve players responsibility as I mentioned but I'm guessing it's not the only thing that ails this team of late. Winning or losing in stretches of time usually, not always, has to do with a variety of things going on that need to be addressed.

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Why?  The entire lineup would benefit from the 6 minutes they usually got?

I liked that line too, but Perreault, Copp, Roslovic, have been very good.

Perrault and Roslo deserve to be in the top six... Copp too actually

They're the only ones that are trying really - Tanev and Lowry too

WINNIPEG JETS

Forwards

Kyle Connor-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler

Nikolaj Ehlers-Kevin Hayes-Patrik Laine

Mathieu Perreault-Andrew Copp-Bryan Little

Par Lindholm-Adam Lowry-Jack Roslovic

Defence

Nathan Beaulieu-Jacob Trouba

Ben Chiarot-Dustin Byfuglien

Dmitry Kulikov-Tyler Myers

Goalies

Connor Hellebuyck

Eric Comrie

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

WINNIPEG JETS

Forwards

Kyle Connor-Mark Scheifele-Blake Wheeler

Nikolaj Ehlers-Kevin Hayes-Patrik Laine

Mathieu Perreault-Andrew Copp-Bryan Little

Par Lindholm-Adam Lowry-Jack Roslovic

Defence

Nathan Beaulieu-Jacob Trouba

Ben Chiarot-Dustin Byfuglien

Dmitry Kulikov-Tyler Myers

Goalies

Connor Hellebuyck

Eric Comrie

In theory, this looks like a really really good roster (...aside from Comrie...)