Game 78 : Montreal Screwjob

Its 2 late now but Maurice needs to go this off season. I like the guy but its pretty apparent that hes done as much as he could. Nice guy but.. Time to bring in a winner. 45 23 SOG. 

Replace Connor with Ehlers and the top 6 sucks. 

Maybe replace Ehlers with Connor next game. Why break up scheif and wheeler when u can just switch the left wing every few games. 

The lack of effort is concerning.. That shows me that Maurice has lost a portion of the room or the entire room... If the effort was there for 60 minutes consistently id say.. Its a player issue but its a reoccurring theme this year.. So coach has to step up and coach.

Wheeler takes a slashing penalty.. Gets out the box.. Slashes the first guy he sees. Why does he do that? Cuz hes a vet and maurice rewards vets for being vets even when they absolutely suck. No accountability towards veteran players.. Looks like its a problem and I think one that might be causing some issues. If you are a non vet, you can't **** up once.. Maurice will sit u down.. If u are a vet.. **** up all u want.. Maurice rewards you. Young team tho... Must be frustrating for the younger players. 

Scheif and Wheeler are floating.. Its irrelevant who plays with them this year... Cuz its them that are making that line bad with their complete lack of effort in the D zone... If Maurice had any balls, he'd break them up or atleast when they are sucking bad give them less ice time... Nope tho. 

Edited by Goalie

Ppl will throw out Quennville but I'd like to see a more defensively responsible coach like Vigneault or Tippet or a young guy like the Marlies Sheldon Keefe as coach. Its time. 

Hopefully nobody is delushional anymore about this 500 team since xmas... And their consistent lack of effort. 

Its time to be concerned. If you aren't, you need to pay attention more. 

Edited by Goalie

I think most people were hoping that the team was simply taking it easy and that when they want to turn it on it will be like last season.... it doesn't appear that this is going to happen.

Majorly concerning that it seems like every game this team is badly outshot and that our team massively struggles getting the puck out of our own end.

Team defence looks lost...  Trouba and Chiarot looking like Mark Stuart out there... Myers all over the place... Buff's backhand pass up the middle for empty net goal was ridiculous

Laine is lost again... doesn't know whether to cover the point or pitch back in front of the net - so he gets stuck in between

Scheifele and Wheeler are gassed - the end - Maurice way over played them early in the season

Don't know what the answer is...

Seen it quite awhile ago with home games that were weak efforts at best....Something is wrong...We're lucky that Nashville keeps losing and we can stay on top by default....Montreal is NOT a good team but we sure made them look great last night...What a pee poor effort we put up in the first 2 periods...It looks as though we've thrown in the towel for the rest of the season AND then expect to be lights out in the post season....Ain't going to happen and if we go out in the first round Maurice's butt should be on the line....Has he lost the room??If that's the case new coach priority one