Game 77 : Brooklyn's In The House

1-0 13 seconds in, lowry has a heck of a record there 5 str oh hell no seriously? what are the isles afraid of they aren't even in our division, okay it's counting

2-0 may have been Lowry again.....do you feel lucky? WELL DO YA?

There goes our shutout

Tanev makes it 3-1

3-2

man they are really picking on perreault today

Scheif 4-2

Edited by iHeart

I think there is some sort of problem in the room based on Maurices love of and refusal to separate or even reprimand scheif and wheeler who have yet to play D in their zone. Ehlers Laine Every one not a vet or 55 and 26 gets sit down or moved around.. Myers makes 10 stupid decisions a game.. Out next shift. Theres no accountability to the Vets on the team and it might be a problem. We are a .500 team for the last 60 percent of the season. 

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Did Hendricks play a shift in the 3rd? Nope. End that experiment

Hendricks is beyond awful, but I would say the same thing about the top two lines tonight too, without the third line the Jets get blown out again. 

I haven't seen two defencemen (Kuli and Meyers) chase the same guy behind the net like that since pee wee. That kind of **** just doesn't happen in the pros.

Oh well, playoffs will tell the tale. 

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

Niku and Beaulieu should be our third pairing when everyone’s healthy...  sit Myers and kulikov 

Maybe. I'd put Morrow in over Niku, who still looks wet behind the ears far too often. I can't see that boding well come playoff time. He panics way too much for my liking.

Myers was atrocious last night - maybe his worst game of the season. The top 6 was awful. Sure, missing Byfuglien and Morrissey affects the team but there's no reason why their collective defensive play is so abhorrent for such lengthy stretches. When that offensive firepower can't show up, you need to be sound in your own end. Lazy back-checking, poor positioning, minimal effort... Not a good recipe.

If this is how the Jets want to play, they'll be dispatched in round 1 regardless of who they face. This style of hockey is not conducive to success when the playoffs begin.

Won't go far in the playoffs with play like that...especially at home....The Jets have collapsed in the last minutes in too many games this year and that says 'weakness'...Now whether that's because we are missing two important defenders in Morrisey and Buff...or is it we are missing the big stops from Helle this year...Tough one to answer but I don't like what I'm seeing....a short run if we don't start playing better than that in our own end...Used up all of our games in hand and with a few remaining top spot in the division is certainly up for grabs and it shouldn't be....Button says we capsized ....maybe 'sunk' closer to the truth...Not a good sign

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Its because guys like Scheif and Wheeler can't clear the D zone but Maurice keeps coddling them. 

How is he coddling them? It's on the player himself to play a 200 ft. game. Who on the top 6 is doing that well right now, anyway?

A coach bears responsibility but so do the players, especially the ones with an 'A' or 'C' on the jersey. The leaders on this team aren't leading right now.

TSN had Mackenzie on this morning, he made sense, he said that a number of teams are having the same kind of season, up and down,  as the Jets.

He mentioned some teams, forget the names. 

Season is too long. back to back games, four games in six nights, the travel, has to be part of it.

Edited by Mark F

21 minutes ago, Mark F said:

TSN had Mackenzie on this morning, he made sense, he said that a number of teams are having the same kind of season, up and down,  as the Jets.

He mentioned some teams, forget the names. 

Season is too long. back to back games, four games in six nights, the travel, has to be part of it.

Owners will never go for it, but the league could really use to cut back to like 65-70 games. Would make a huge difference in the overall quality of the game, especially late in the season...

Maurice has got to start taking some heat, for this team under performing.  Soft D zone play, passive PK that is 23rd in the league and inserting Hendricks into the lineup.... To play 5 minutes last night.  WTF?  Does anyone in the media ever ask about this stuff?  Hopefully we can flip the playoff switch, because right now, it's not looking good.

It was great to see Lowry's line show some offensive life, but did they end up being on the ice for a couple goals against?  Maybe Maurice went to that well a bit too often?  I was off campus last night, so it was hard to have my usual focus.

It will be good to get Buff back on Saturday and hopefully bang the rust off him quickly.

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

Owners will never go for it, but the league could really use to cut back to like 65-70 games. Would make a huge difference in the overall quality of the game, especially late in the season...

Not just owners but I think you mean capitalist pigs 🙂

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Not just owners but I think you mean capitalist pigs 🙂

And the players too. They would not want a cut in salary. 

Same as the staff. 

I assume the event staff would make up the days with other events at the arena.