Game 76 : Texas In My Rear View Mirror

We do have to remember that with Buff and Morrissey this is a different team... Trouba is not an anchor 1D - he makes some real bonehead moves

If Lowry scores that short handed goal, its a different game... Maurice needed to motivate them after that - then the too many men was a killer

Wish we could see

Morrissey-Trouba

Beaulieu-Buff

Niku-Myers

But we won't...

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know about this team this year,  they have not fired on all cylinders for a long period of time at all.  I'm only hoping and praying that come play off time the team turns it on. 

What gives me faint hope is when a game matters to them they show up plus Helle seems to be finding his game. He let in 1 even strength goal tonight. The PK was a huge problem

4 hours ago, Floyd said:

We do have to remember that with Buff and Morrissey this is a different team... Trouba is not an anchor 1D - he makes some real bonehead moves

If Lowry scores that short handed goal, its a different game... Maurice needed to motivate them after that - then the too many men was a killer

Wish we could see

Morrissey-Trouba

Beaulieu-Buff

Niku-Myers

But we won't...

Buff Niku would be interesting

56 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

The PK has been a big problem for most of the year, but there doesn’t seem to be any urgency to adjust it.

It sure looks that way. And with Dallas being a potential first round opponent, the Jets' PK could be their demise in that series. You rarely get far in the playoffs with a lousy PK.

It's just so frustrating to see this team play so well in one game and then so poorly the next. It just doesn't make sense. They mopped the floor with the Preds and then get their asses handed to them two days later... Sure, the Stars are playing desperate hockey but there's no reason why the Jets can't match that.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Real testament to Buff's importance to the Jets...  without him on the power play, teams can cheat on Laine and other lanes

At even strength, teams take way more liberties with Scheifele than they ever would with Buff out there

I'm certainly not down on Trouba, but he's lacking a bit on the PP.  I'd really like to see Niku there.  It won't happen, especially with Buff likely back soon, but I think he could bring an element of creativity.

18 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I'm certainly not down on Trouba, but he's lacking a bit on the PP.  I'd really like to see Niku there.  It won't happen, especially with Buff likely back soon, but I think he could bring an element of creativity.

Trouba just isnt an O based D man.. Hes a very good D first D man but... He seems to have low hockey IQ in the O zone. Niku Buff Morrissey much better and smarter O zone players than Jake "Gonna be a Panther soon" Trouba. 

Borgstrom and their 1st i think. 

Edited by Goalie