Game 72 : @ Los Angeles Is Burning

59 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, the Jets won. I guess all that assbleed over a minor change to the 4th line was for naught. 

It amazes how a player getting scratched for a single game somehow qualifies as him wasting away in the press box.

Hendricks had a good night,  the 4th line was really solid and had several scoring chances.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Well, the Jets won. I guess all that assbleed over a minor change to the 4th line was for naught. 

It amazes how a player getting scratched for a single game somehow qualifies as him wasting away in the press box.

I said my concern was Maurice would continue to play Hendricks and Roslovic would be stuck in the press box.  Not that he is wasting away because of a single game.  And my ass definitely wasn't bleeding.

8 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I said my concern was Maurice would continue to play Hendricks and Roslovic would be stuck in the press box.  Not that he is wasting away because of a single game.  And my ass definitely wasn't bleeding.

Oh, right... Based on the false narrative Maurice has a crush on his veteran players. My bad.

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

It's okay, I forgive you.

And to clarify, I was referring to the forum's armchair hockey expert when I made the assbleed remark, not you. I wonder if the back of his Jets jersey reads "Chicken Little"...

And FWIW, Maurice's comments for playing Hendricks last night were pretty clear and objective, and not at all from a position of blind loyalty or a love for vets:

Seems like it was the right decision against a bottom-feeder.

32 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

And to clarify, I was referring to the forum's armchair hockey expert when I made the assbleed remark, not you. I wonder if the back of his Jets jersey reads "Chicken Little"...

And FWIW, Maurice's comments for playing Hendricks last night were pretty clear and objective, and not at all from a position of blind loyalty or a love for vets:

Seems like it was the right decision against a bottom-feeder.

I totally understand his reasoning, I just don't really agree with it.  And if he really wanted to get Hendricks some ice time, last nights game was the time to do it... I get it.

I just feel like taking Roslovic out was slowing us down to play against a slower opponent.  It essentially gave us 2 checking lines.  Not the end of the world, obviously, but I didn't like it.  We'll see what Maurice does going forward.  I really liked how that line was playing before the swap.

Edited by BomberBall

45 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Watching Drew Doughty, he looks disinterested.

probably feels that he is under paid.

It must be hard though to play for a team that is going downhill.  I hope we never see Scheifele or Laine have that hopeless expression on their faces knowing that they are doomed to miss the playoffs for years to come.

Hendricks wasnt good but he wasn't terrible. However that was the 2nd worst team in the league we played last night and we didn't look good for 2 periods. Jets started playing their game in the 3rd.. And dominated.  Playing Hendricks is 1 thing, saying hes playing to add grit and because basically we are gonna play LAs style is dumb. 

I don't get why ppl get their undies in a bunch when ppl question a decision by the coach. Are we all supposed to just sit here like sheep and applaud everything the coaches do. Its funny.. This site is here because The Bombers, where theres about 50 topics a season about coaching, ppl dont get their undies in a bunch when someone questions Osh but do with Maurice? 

Why? If ppl dont see their are real issues with this team.. LA has 58 points.. We have 90. We looked like the team with 58 points after 2. Thats a problem. 

Play Hendricks.. Thats cool but playing him handicaps you.. What if u wanted to switch up the lines.. With Roslo u could go Perreault Little Roslo and have 4 strong lines with Copp Lowry Tanev also. 

Hendricks? Nope he cant keep up. 2 slow. 

You can see certain ppl have Jets Goggles on at all times... Refusing to actually see that lots of problems are coach related... Isnt that why Hendricks is here in thw first place? Maurice has lost the ability to motivate

37 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hendricks wasnt good but he wasn't terrible. However that was the 2nd worst team in the league we played last night and we didn't look good for 2 periods. Jets started playing their game in the 3rd.. And dominated.  Playing Hendricks is 1 thing, saying hes playing to add grit and because basically we are gonna play LAs style is dumb. 

harumph! harumph! harumph!

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

harumph! harumph! harumph!

Says an Oiler fan. You are pretty ridiculous actually since on the football forum you are an expert. 

Hendricks wasn't good.. He wasn't bad but he wasnt good. For 2 periods we got outplayed by a team with 58 points. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Thats not a false narrative. Thats 100 percent fact. Seriously its 1 thing to question ppl on here but to pretend he doesn't favour the vets is assinine. 

***citation missing***

Present some actual evidence and maybe you'd have a case. In the meantime, chill out and get over Hendricks getting one game.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Thats not a false narrative. Thats 100 percent fact. Seriously its 1 thing to question ppl on here but to pretend he doesn't favour the vets is assinine. 

Yeah, he's done a poor job developing Sheif, Morrissey, Ehlers, etc. 

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

***citation missing***

Present some actual evidence and maybe you'd have a case. In the meantime, chill out and get over Hendricks getting one game.

I didnt care that Hendricks played. I thought the reason for playing him was dumb. Actual evidence? Watch the games maybe? There are prob 3 coaches in the league who dont overplay their vets.. Cooper Tochett and Housley. Everyone else does from Babcock to Maurice. 

46 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I didnt care that Hendricks played. I thought the reason for playing him was dumb. Actual evidence? Watch the games maybe? There are prob 3 coaches in the league who dont overplay their vets.. Cooper Tochett and Housley. Everyone else does from Babcock to Maurice. 

Yeah, all the irrational, emotionally-charged comments from you in this thread clearly demonstrate you didn't care. So, is it favour vets or overplay them...? You're not even making sense.

And if pretty much every coach does it, why even mention it? 

You call others sheep and accuse them of having their panties in a bunch over a pretty inconsequential roster decision, but you've been flying off the handle since the decision was made yesterday, pompously crapping on anyone who's disagreed with your opinions. I think it's pretty clear who's wearing the bunched up panties as far as Jets fans go on this forum.