Game 70 : Massachusetts

First time I've had any belief in the "Scheif/Wheels are crap" narrative was Wheeler turning the puck over with :30 left, not getting the puck cleared properly because he tried to cutesey it instead of just getting the damn thing out of the zone. It was very close to ending up in the back of our net and tying the game again. Now, having said that, I still believe we've got some key players playing way more hurt than they're letting on...

55 minutes ago, Noeller said:

First time I've had any belief in the "Scheif/Wheels are crap" narrative was Wheeler turning the puck over with :30 left, not getting the puck cleared properly because he tried to cutesey it instead of just getting the damn thing out of the zone. It was very close to ending up in the back of our net and tying the game again. Now, having said that, I still believe we've got some key players playing way more hurt than they're letting on...

Our first line had a pretty good game...  problem is that everyone expects them to be perfect all game every game - Wheeler was exhausted at that point but Maurice is a top line/key situation guy, that's not going to change.

Laine was the weakest on the first line - got pushed off the puck and made some bad decisions - one leading to the first goal I think... but overall they were solid.

Scheif was on ice for 3 bruins goals. Wheeler for 2. Their D zone play does blow.. Laine is the best player on the line currently... 

All this 55 26 suck in the D zone is fact based and backed up with all sorts of fancy stats. Plus if you actually watch them they float hard in the D zone. Wheeler being exhausted plays no role in his D zone play earlier in the game and all season.. Seriously watch a game from last season. Both him and scheif are floating this year. 

Break em up. Spread out the talent more. 

Ladd Little Wheeler was a thing. 2 of 3 are still here. Who is the Ladd tho. 

Ehlers? Connor? Laine? 

Connor Scheif Laine had a shift last game and for that shift scheif looked like last years Scheif. They are complacent with each other. Ill tell you this.. Now is the time to try different combos. 

Edited by Goalie