Jets Playoff watch

Jets playoff watch, as of 10:00 am March 25:

Assuming all regulation or overtime wins:

- Playoff spot clinched

- #1 Wild Card position clinched

- Clinch 3rd in the Central with an 1-5-1 record

- Clinch 2nd in the Central with a 4-3 record

- Clinch 1st in the Central with an 4-3 record

- Clinch 1st in the West with 7-0 record, a 3-4-0 Calgary record or worse, and a 6-0-1 record or worse by San Jose

Last night's results of consequence:

- Coyotes lose in regulation, Avs lose in OT

Tonight's games of consequence:

Dallas (WC #1) at Winnipeg (Div. #1)

Vegas at St. Louis (Div. #3)

Nashville (Div. #2) at Minnesota (Div. #9)

LA at Calgary (Conf. #1)

Detroit at San Jose (Conf. #2)

Magic # against other teams (combo of pts. gained plus opponent's points lost to secure a Jets' finish on top of the standings, factoring in current ROW):

Stars: 3   Blues: 9   Predators: 9   Knights: 11   Sharks: (-15) Calgary (-8)

Jets playoff watch, as of 10:00 am March 26:

- Playoff spot clinched

- Clinch 3rd in the Central with an 1-4-1 record

- Clinch 2nd in the Central with a 4-2 record

- Clinch 1st in the Central with an 4-2 record

- Clinch 1st in the West with 6-0 record, a 3-3-0 Calgary record or worse, and a 6-0 record or worse by San Jose

- Jets, Wild, Flames and Sharks all lose in regulation,  Stars, Blues and Preds all win.

Chicago at Arizona (Conf. #9)

Magic # against other teams (combo of pts. gained plus opponent's points lost to secure a Jets' finish on top of the standings, factoring in current ROW):

Stars: 3   Blues: 9   Predators: 9   Knights: 9   Sharks: (-13)   Calgary (-6)

Clinching/elimination scenarios tonight:

Anaheim eliminated with a loss in regulation or OT/SO

St. Louis and Las Vegas clinch playoff spots with an Arizona loss in Regulation or OT/SO

Florida eliminated with a regulation or OT/SO loss

Jets playoff watch, as of 10:00 am March 27:

- Playoff spot clinched

- Clinch 3rd in the Central with an 1-4-1 record

- Clinch 2nd in the Central with a 4-2 record

- Clinch 1st in the Central with an 4-2 record

- Clinch 1st in the West with 6-0 record, a 2-4 Calgary record or worse, and a 5-0-1 record or worse by San Jose

- Coyotes win

Dallas (WC #1) at Calgary (Conf. #1)

Vegas at Colorado (WC #2)

Stars: 3   Blues: 9   Predators: 9   Knights: 9   Sharks: (-13)   Calgary (-6)

Clinching/elimination scenarios tonight:

Anaheim eliminated with a Colorado win.

Las Vegas clinches with a win or OT/SO loss

Philadelphia eliminated with a regulation loss

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Im ok with 2nd and playing Nashville. Lol. 

Actually, me too.

Jets vs:

Nashville 3-1 (15GF-7GA)

St. Louis 3-1 (18GF-10GA)

Dallas 1-3 (10GF-15GA)

Colorado 2-2 (14GF-18GA) *one game remaining in Colorado

Minnesota 0-4 (7GF-13GA) *one game remaining in Minnesota

Calgary 1-2 (6GF-11GA)

San Jose 1-1-1 (11GF-11GA)

Las Vegas 2-1 (10GF-9GA)

Arizona 1-1 (6GF-7GA) *one game remaining in Arizona

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Actually, me too.

Jets vs:
Nashville 3-1 (15GF-7GA)
St. Louis 3-1 (18GF-10GA)
Dallas 1-3 (10GF-15GA)
Colorado 2-2 (14GF-18GA) *one game remaining in Colorado
Minnesota 0-4 (7GF-13GA) *one game remaining in Minnesota
Calgary 1-2 (6GF-11GA)
San Jose 1-1-1 (11GF-11GA)
Las Vegas 2-1 (10GF-9GA)
Arizona 1-1 (6GF-7GA) *one game remaining in Arizona

NASH, AZ & DAL are the 3 teams I would not mind playing in the first. Everyone else is cringe especially MIN. The way things are going DAL will be the WC team to face Division winner and if healthy I think we can beat them.

Whoda thunk it. Let's play Nash in round 1 :D

21 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

NASH, AZ & DAL are the 3 teams I would not mind playing in the first. Everyone else is cringe especially MIN. The way things are going DAL will be the WC team to face Division winner and if healthy I think we can beat them.

Whoda thunk it. Let's play Nash in round 1 :D

Ideally the Coyotes in round 1 would be the best scenario imo. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I just cant see anyone beating DAL/COL for the WC spots.

You're probably right but ideally that's the best scenario. 

However, I've always said just make the damn playoffs. We did so don't care really who we play at the end of the day.

Just another opponent we need to win four games against.  

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Dallas plays a slower trap style that has given the Jets problems this year. We saw it again last night against the Flames, and the commentators were saying that the Stars were a bad match-up to face for Calgary because of how they clog the ice and slow the game. Colorado is more run and gun with Winnipeg, which I think the Jets would be happy to play. 

One big X factor is Ben Bishop, who is on track for a Veniza season, but who hurt himself again last night with what looks like a recurring groin injury. Losing him could be fatal for Dallas. Having said that, Landeskog is stil out for the Avs and they hope he is back for mid-April. Which loss hurts their team more?

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Dallas plays a slower trap style that has given the Jets problems this year. We saw it again last night against the Flames, and the commentators were saying that the Stars were a bad match-up to face for Calgary because of how they clog the ice and slow the game. Colorado is more run and gun with Winnipeg, which I think the Jets would be happy to play. 

One big X factor is Ben Bishop, who is on track for a Veniza season, but who hurt himself again last night with what looks like a recurring groin injury. Losing him could be fatal for Dallas. Having said that, Landeskog is stil out for the Avs and they hope he is back for mid-April. Which loss hurts their team more?

Bishop AINEC. Starting goaltender is a huge loss. If he's hurt im good with Dallas. 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I gotta go with Bishop. He's had a very good season and losing him to that injury - again - could be disastrous for the Stars. Losing a starting goalie is never easy for a team. Khudobin should be able to shoulder the load for the remainder of the season but the playoffs are a different animal.

If the Jets do face the Stars in the opening round, not facing Bishop plays in their favour.

57 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Crazy prediction. 1.Nashville loses in RD 2 . Jets Win in RD 1 

Tampa loses RD1. Can they play Carolina cuz if they make it.. I think they go far. They have something going on there. It Factor. 

Nash loses to the Jets in RD 2, is what you're saying. 

I don't think the Canes can beat the Bolts. I think the Bruins can beat the Bolts though.

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

If the Preds and Blues face each other in the first round, I don't see the Preds winning that series.

Wanna bet? :P

I think we see a rematch of last years Rd2. This time, I think the Jets take it in 6 games because the Preds will be even more worn down than they were against the Avs. 

That's my prediction, anyhow. Luckily, there'a an edit button,  so I can erase it in the future. 

Edited by JCon
Typo - see edited once already!

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Wanna bet? :P

I think we see a rematch of last years Rd2. This time, I think the Jets take it in 6 games because the Preds will be even more worn down than they were against the Avs. 

That's my prediction, anyhow. Luckily, there'a an edit button, you I can erase it in the future. 

I'd be all for a rematch. I just don't see it happening based on how poorly the Predators have played vs. the Blues this season. My hope is those two meet in the first round and beat the absolute piss out of one another.